Tua Tagovailoa “loves” running back Jordan Scarlett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa “loves” running back Jordan Scarlett

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami signed Scarlett to a futures contract, and he has seemed to become the forgotten man in the running back room. However, Miami fans shouldn’t forget about him because Hicks told me Scarlett is “in the best shape of his life.”

The former Florida Gators running back was a 5th round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft by the Carolina Panthers. After opting out last season due to COVID-19, Scarlett is back and ready to go.
Hicks said, “He [Scarlett] really put the work in this offseason. He put the work in. I told him what time to be there, and he showed up. He has done everything we have asked him to do, and he is killing it. I am so proud of Jordan.” The PER4ORM trainer also added, “Scarlett will do whatever he has to do to make the team and help the team win.”

However, it isn’t just Hicks who is showing Scarlett love. “Tua loves him,” said Hicks. “Tua said Scarlett has done a great job, and he is impressed with his understanding of the playbook and not messing up plays. He knows everything that is going to happen pre-snap. Tua doesn’t have to tell him what to do. There was one play in camp where the quarterback was in shotgun, and Scarlett reminded the quarterback that on this play he is supposed to be under center.”

However, it isn’t just Hicks who is showing Scarlett love. “Tua loves him,” said Hicks.
"And it isn't just Tua that loves him," goes on Hicks. "Flores loves Scarlet. Grier loves Scarlet. Stephen Ross loves Scarlet. Belichik loves Scarlet. Aaron Rogers loves Scarlet. Deshaun Watson loves Scarlet. J-Lo loves Scarlet. Dwayne Johnson loves Scarlet. Alex Rodriguez loves Scarlet. Rhett Butler loves Scarlet. It isn't just me. I could keep going on and on, but then it would sound silly."

There was one play in camp where the quarterback was in shotgun, and Scarlett reminded the quarterback that on this play he is supposed to be under center.
i never put too much into wonderlic scores but ffs maybe in tua's case it does matter. why the **** does a guy off the street who hasn't played football since 2019 have to tell the greatest generational talent the world has ever seen what he's supposed to be doing?

i never put too much into wonderlic scores but ffs maybe in tua's case it does matter. why the **** does a guy off the street who hasn't played football since 2019 have to tell the greatest generational talent the world has ever seen what he's supposed to be doing?
Coulda been Brisket or what's his name, I don't see where it says Tua was the QB ( unless it was implied, who knows). Tua is plenty smart, Marino had a 16 and he turned out alright. If we were concerned about Wonderlic scores we shoulda kept Fitzy (48)

These comments from the trainers who clearly are just promoting their camps are becoming increasingly annoying.

Who the **** cares what they think?
me for one. I love hearing their insight from a perspective other than coaches. I find them much more informative than the same prewritten garbage coach speak we get from normal interviews. Besides we are going into the longest 6 weeks of the year. It's like 6 weeks of Christmas eve waiting on training camp to start. At this point I would watch a video interview from a waitress telling what a backup camp fodder ordered as an appetizer.

Coulda been Brisket or what's his name, I don't see where it says Tua was the QB ( unless it was implied, who knows). Tua is plenty smart, Marino had a 16 and he turned out alright. If we were concerned about Wonderlic scores we shoulda kept Fitzy (48)
the article is talking specifically about tua then gives that example. if it wasn't tua, that's a terrible job by the author.

However, it isn’t just Hicks who is showing Scarlett love. “Tua loves him,” said Hicks.
"And it isn't just Tua that loves him," goes on Hicks. "Flores loves Scarlet. Grier loves Scarlet. Stephen Ross loves Scarlet. Belichik loves Scarlet. Aaron Rogers loves Scarlet. Deshaun Watson loves Scarlet. J-Lo loves Scarlet. Dwayne Johnson loves Scarlet. Alex Rodriguez loves Scarlet. Rhett Butler loves Scarlet. It isn't just me. I could keep going on and on, but then it would sound silly."
I can't honestly say I love him yet, but there are some obvious feelings between us.

that crossed my mind as well. But then again I remember Elway trying to take a snap from a OG once, well unless he was just wanting to feel his ass or something.

Here is the key line in the fansided piece...

Scarlett has been training with Hicks since entering his freshman year of high school.

Which means... The trainer is EXTREMELY biased and has a monetary interest in pumping Scarlett. In other words, his opinion is nearly worthless.

This does not imply that Scarlett won't make the team, only that this particular piece should be ignored.

Maybe someone could help me with this...why do we put SO much stock in wonderlic scores? Like if your score is 48, like Fitz, you should never make a boneheaded mistake with the ball. Umm...
And if your score is in the teens, you're probably not smart enough to play NFL football. Like Dan Marino, for example. Couldn't complete a pass or score a TD to save his mama's life.
I looked at some of those math questions on the Wonderlic, and while I could have figured them out, it would take me a while and might run out of time on the actual test.
Just because I struggle with a word problem on a test, it doesn't mean I don't have other areas in which I excel.
Just because Tua scored a 16 doesn't mean he's not smart enough to remember plays.

Rumor is GodStud are going with a newly designed playbook and not just adopting Gailey’s playbook.

This would be an issue in a game, not before the first minicamp.

Maybe someone could help me with this...why do we put SO much stock in wonderlic scores? Like if your score is 48, like Fitz, you should never make a boneheaded mistake with the ball. Umm...
And if your score is in the teens, you're probably not smart enough to play NFL football. Like Dan Marino, for example. Couldn't complete a pass or score a TD to save his mama's life.
I looked at some of those math questions on the Wonderlic, and while I could have figured them out, it would take me a while and might run out of time on the actual test.
Just because I struggle with a word problem on a test, it doesn't mean I don't have other areas in which I excel.
Just because Tua scored a 16 doesn't mean he's not smart enough to remember plays.

There is a CLEAR link between Wonderlic and QB play. If a QB can't do math problems in his head, he can't read a D. <sarcasm>

Back
Top Bottom