Tua take... | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua take...

Really, I haven't herd that. Team Dr's are say he will have a "full" recovery.

Full recovery doesn’t translate to playing football again. And to trade up to get him...just stop! Unfortunately he is no longer a top 5 pick, lucky to be a top 5th round pick. I hope he recovers and has no issues. But the best thing for him to do is collect on that insurance and get a useful degree.

Im all in on Burrow now. But we messed up by winning lol. Cincy needs to win 3 games somehow.

they just need 2 games, one being a win against us. But I think that we win 2 more one being Cincinnati.

Full recovery doesn’t translate to playing football again. And to trade up to get him...just stop! Unfortunately he is no longer a top 5 pick, lucky to be a top 5th round pick. I hope he recovers and has no issues. But the best thing for him to do is collect on that insurance and get a useful degree.
Just stop what? I never said he would or wouldn't play again or at what level if he does. I never said anything about trading up to get him. Great job reading my posts! Glad you know what is best for him..... smdh

Im all in on Burrow now. But we messed up by winning lol. Cincy needs to win 3 games somehow.
yeah we blew that already. but it's not too late to pick top 3 and get young or herbert.

This is why I don’t get to attached to any one player before the college season is over. I think more than one of the announcers said he had little to no lateral movement. I know hindsight is allwise 20/20 and a injury’s like this can happen any and every play. But there was no reason for the kid to be out there playing at the time of the injury.

To me the only reason Saban had for keeping in the game after it was 28-7. Where them great stile points tua would get him for the playoff push. Tua might and I hope he does make a full recovery. With his injury history know, even though he’s a great player. I don’t see how any team can pick him before round 2 or 3.

Look, I'm not the biggest Saban fan, but bottom line is the way college football is set up you have to win on style points. Bama is outside the bubble looking in but still has a shot. Why would he not have his starting QB in during the first half of the game no matter what the score is. If Tua and the doctors said he was fine to play you play him. Blame the system and not Saban

HAHAHA thats hilarious, Yeah he's still easily a top 10 pick and the best QB prospect coming out since Andrew Luck.. You think Tua is gonna risk another year of injury playing for free.. If he is on board when our 1st pick comes up we should already have a guy standing next to the podium with his name on the ticket.

That would be just like the Miami Dolphins to take a seriously injured player with the first pick in the draft. You know, because we've had so much luck with the healthy ones.

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

And with the #? pick, the Miami Dolphins select who knows if he'll ever play again or if he'll be the same player when he plays facing tacklers 3 times the size of college kids what are the chances he may aggravate his injury on a franchise that has had problems fielding a solid offensive line in years for a rebuilding team that needs to make the most prudent moves possible in order to set a sturdy foundation for growth and not a perpetual state of hope/anxiety that said injury will perfectly heal by week 8 of 2020.

We all love this kid. Hell, he went down not wanting to be sidelined because that's the type of leader he is on top of the talent. But drafting him in the first? Is this the twilight zone?

Look, I'm not the biggest Saban fan, but bottom line is the way college football is set up you have to win on style points. Bama is outside the bubble looking in but still has a shot. Why would he not have his starting QB in during the first half of the game no matter what the score is. If Tua and the doctors said he was fine to play you play him. Blame the system and not Saban

who wants to see bama without tua in the college football playoffs? I sure don’t.

At this point for our own benefit I’d like to see LSU, Georgia, clemson, oregon

yeah we blew that already. but it's not too late to pick top 3 and get young or herbert.

Exactly- still games to go with bad teams playing each other. A few weeks back people were convinced we weren’t winning a game.

I think Herbert will be right up there near the top of the draft like you do, maybe even surpass Burrow.

Maybe it was just me, but as the other QB’s were getting hit yesterday, I was holding my breath no
more injuries. Burrow got nailed on one play and his shoulder looked pinned, luckily he got right up..

I'm not sure Tua will play football at the high level he was accustom to, if and when he's fully recovered. Hip injuries are very hard to deal with. Being fully recovered from his injury, doesn't necessarily mean he'll still function as an athlete like he once did. Drafting him is a huge gamble IMHO!!! Injury risk for sure.

Last edited:

Saban messed up, man, as we all tend to do when we second guess ourselves. He was going to pull the kid before the injury and he let Tua convince him otherwise.

You're right. I hate- HATE- Saban but there is no way the freak injury was Saban's fault.

I bet he had a stiff drink when he got home thinking why didn't I listen to myself.

Saban messed up, man, as we all tend to do when we second guess ourselves. He was going to pull the kid before the injury and he let Tua convince him otherwise.

You're right. I hate- HATE- Saban but there is no way the freak injury was Saban's fault.

I bet he had a stiff drink when he got home thinking why didn't I listen to myself.

Coaches have always and will always have to protect players from themselves. In a system where you don't get rewarded for just winning, but how you win there will always be a chance this sort of thing can happen. Tua is a competitor and seems like a good kid. I wish him all the best and a full recovery so he can capitalize on his talent. However, I don't see him on the field on 2020.

Well aware, I suffered a torn hip labrum like Albert Wilson. I haven't played a sport since. Too glad just to be able to hike and swim after what I went through to risk losing that functionality too.
OUCH! That would make you pretty much a non-medical authority on the subject...

The **** are you talking about? In this context, a full recovery absolutely translates to playing football again.

Back
Top Bottom