Tua will get offered 35-38 million per at best if Dolphins lose in KC | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua will get offered 35-38 million per at best if Dolphins lose in KC

Ya but the flip side to that is if Tua doesn't improve in big games next year they could let him walk after next season and not owe him anything.
Then who are you going with? The grass isn't always greener on the other side. That said I don't mind Tua and think he's a good fit for this system - so to me none of this conversation makes sense - as there isn't a better alternative to me. I just like trying to understand others perspectives.

Tua deserves what other QBs get in the league. The Qbs in the league listed below have barely won any playoff games for their current teams. Tua got us in the playoffs and almost won the division.
He has never lost to the Pats or Jets in our division he going to get paid based on the standard of the rest of the Qbs. Plus he stayed healthy all year and is still young in his career.

1. Herbert
  2. Jackson
  3. Wilson
  4. Murray

Then who are you going with? The grass isn't always greener on the other side. That said I don't mind Tua and think he's a good fit for this system - so to me none of this conversation makes sense - as there isn't a better alternative to me. I just like trying to understand others perspectives.
In that situatiion I would look to draft a QB in 2025. Maybe even have a new head coach by then as well.

Tua deserves what other QBs get in the league. The Qbs in the league listed below have barely won any playoff games for their current teams. Tua got us in the playoffs and almost won the division.
He has never lost to the Pats or Jets in our division he going to get paid based on the standard of the rest of the Qbs. Plus he stayed healthy all year and is still young in his career.

1. Herbert
  2. Jackson
  3. Wilson
  4. Murray
He also is 3-9 against winning teams!

In that case I would look to draft a QB in 2025. Maybe even have a new head coach by then as well.
Imagining the nameless QB and head coach since you failed to provide an actual answer... again lmao

Carmelo Anthony Eyes Closed GIF

He also is 3-9 against winning teams!
Herbert is 7-14
Murray is 3-11
the other 2 are better but I'm not arguing that Tua is on the same tier as Lamar either - the point is the alternative sucks unless you rebuild which would also suck IMO:)

Herbert is 7-14
Murray is 3-11
the other 2 are better but I'm not arguing that Tua is on the same tier as Lamar either - the point is the alternative sucks unless you rebuild which would also suck IMO:)
And if Tua and McDaniel can't get it done against the better teams then what is the point? It's like they are varsity team that can beat up on pee wee teams but when they play another varsity team they can't get it done.

Not saying this is my perspective. TBH, a have mixed feelings on this one.

That being said, I do understand the line of thought that if one doesn't think Tua is "the guy", or has reached a limited ceiling, it isn't a matter of a "better alternative". There are no guarantees in any of it. They would rather go back to the draft and take their chances on great, that be stuck in mediocrity for another 7-10 years ala RT17, than commit a big multi-year contract, which will inevitably limit our cap flexibility down the line, to a QB whom they do not believe is the answer.

To put it more simply, I think they are of the opinion that "good enough" is the enemy of "great".

It makes sense if they are correct in their evaluation of Tua.

That being said, I do understand the line of thought that if one doesn't think Tua is "the guy", or has reached a limited ceiling, it isn't a matter of a "better alternative". There are no guarantees in any of it. They would rather go back to the draft and take their chances on great, that be stuck in mediocrity for another 7-10 years ala RT17, than commit a big multi-year contract, which will inevitably limit our cap flexibility down the line, to a QB whom they do not believe is the answer.

To put it more simply, I think they are of the opinion that "good enough" is the enemy of "great".

You nailed it!

See - I get that. Is Purdy great for the 9ers - No - but he's great for them. That's sort of how I view Tua- he's not great but for the Fins system - he's pretty stinking good. The problem is he needs all his options at his disposal - as I think Purdy does. Last week - no Waddle - he zeroed in on Hill - which obviously was easy for the Bills to adjust to. He's not perfect by any stretch. The last pick was bad for sure! But in general I believe they can win a SB with him....the injury's have just crushed them. That said your good vs great scenario makes sense. For me I'd rather use those picks now for players that can add to what they have - since it would have to be a high pick- rather than someone who doesn't help today.

Logical, but I trust the expertise of our GM and coaching staff to evaluate Tua a million times more than some of the “special “ people on this board.

See - I get that. Is Purdy great for the 9ers - No - but he's great for them. That's sort of how I view Tua- he's not great but for the Fins system - he's pretty stinking good. The problem is he needs all his options at his disposal - as I think Purdy does. Last week - no Waddle - he zeroed in on Hill - which obviously was easy for the Bills to adjust to. He's not perfect by any stretch. The last pick was bad for sure! But in general I believe they can win a SB with him....the injury's have just crushed them. That said your good vs great scenario makes sense. For me I'd rather use those picks now for players that can add to what they have - since it would have to be a high pick- rather than someone who doesn't help today.
Also a valid opinion.

Now the question becomes if that is how you see Tua, what kind of contract does it make sense to offer him. If your premise is that he's a decent QB, but only under certain circumstances, and only in certain systems, are you in favor of a top 3-5 type deal?

Back
Top Bottom