Tua will get offered 35-38 million per at best if Dolphins lose in KC | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua will get offered 35-38 million per at best if Dolphins lose in KC

Also a valid opinion.

Now the question becomes if that is how you see Tua, what kind of contract does it make sense to offer him. If your premise is that he's a decent QB, but only under certain circumstances, and only in certain systems, are you in favor of a top 3-5 type deal?
I just had to look up the salaries so I was in line. It's also hard to compare because every year they go up so much. That said if I look at the cap hits list J Allen is $47M vs the cap - after that there's a big drop off to $35M for Carr who is the 8th highest paid QB. I would think it has to be somewhere in there - so I'll say basically $40M per year. I am OK with them having him play out his 5th year with the risk that # goes up quite a bit because he has a good year allowing them to pay in other places next year- I get that part - but it might be a bit short sighted and cost them in the long run. Again would be a decent prob. to have because it means he had a good year.

I just had to look up the salaries so I was in line. It's also hard to compare because every year they go up so much. That said if I look at the cap hits list J Allen is $47M vs the cap - after that there's a big drop off to $35M for Carr who is the 8th highest paid QB. I would think it has to be somewhere in there - so I'll say basically $40M per year. I am OK with them having him play out his 5th year with the risk that # goes up quite a bit because he has a good year allowing them to pay in other places next year- I get that part - but it might be a bit short sighted and cost them in the long run. Again would be a decent prob. to have because it means he had a good year.
This sounds right to me.....

Also, good analysis jeffc12

Tell me one thing Maye accomplished at UNC except being a hype machine.
Never won them jack and had talent all around him. Throw me some facts I’m wrong and padded stats mean nada

What did he win at UNC? Then, He bailed on the bowl game.
Drake Maye = underachiever

No thanks but we have Tua for 5 more anyway so it’s never going to happen
How about FIVE things: 2 SEASONS:
PASSING: 8000 YDS/ 62TDS/16INTS WITH AN 8.4 AVG.
RUSHING: 1200 YDS

Those numbers equal a top 5 NFL draft pick.
1704930460354.jpeg

Just shows that any moron can post their stupidity here with no facts and no clue. Congrats, you win the idiot prize.

View attachment 158542

Just shows that any moron can post their stupidity here with no facts and no clue. Congrats, you win the idiot prize.
Look I can tell you man crush him but you made my point
He won NADA at UNC with loads of talent around him. Padded his stats…did nothing for the schools trophy case.
Not coming to Miami that’s for sure…let’s see how many Super Bowls your super man wins. My bet is same number as Sam Howell and be a backup in 3 seasons.
I’ll revisit with you in a few years

View attachment 158542

He sucks he can’t beat good teams

This post should be listed as the red herring post. The problem is not Tua.

The problem is the piss poor tackling on D. The pittter patter play of the Oline. The refusal of DBs to punish receivers. Fangio’s conservative approach to D. On and on. To leave all that out and blame everything on Tua shows simple hate for the man. Nothing more.

He won NADA at UNC with loads of talent around him. Padded his stats…did nothing for the schools trophy case.
Not coming to Miami that’s for sure…let’s see how many Super Bowls your super man wins. My bet is same number as Sam Howell and be a backup in 3 seasons.
Agreed I don't get the hype around Maye at all. Out of all the first round QBs this year, I'd be least excited about Maye.

He sucks he can’t beat good teams
This is so clueless. You do realize Drake Maye doesn’t play defense right? UNC had one of the worst defenses in the country last two years, ranked around 100/131 P5 teams.

You do realize that he doesn’t play defense right? That’s like saying Tua is a bad QB and not a winner because his damn defense gave up 40. UNCs D was one of the worst in P5, ranked 100/130 teams, and so WTH does that have to do with DM? Nothing. There are some really dumb takes here and this one tops the cake for ignorance. I will bet you that he’s a top 5 draft pick and a QB1. He will kill it in the NFL. Read it and weep dude, that’s if you actually can read.

The problem is the piss poor tackling on D. The pittter patter play of the Oline. The refusal of DBs to punish receivers. Fangio’s conservative approach to D. On and on. To leave all that out and blame everything on Tua shows simple hate for the man. Nothing more.
80/20

80% I agree that non Tua factors have influenced our losses.
20% disagree and feel Tua needs to improve in 3 areas:
A. He must become more than just a “spot thrower”.
B. He must increase his arm strength. He will never have a bazooka, but even a 10-15% increase (Tom Brady did it and so did Breeze) will help him tremendously.
C. Get more vocal/fired up with his team. I want salty Tua in the faces of his linemen, receivers, entire team more often. His politeness makes him a great role model, but every once in awhile it would serve him and the team well to unleash the beast.

This is so clueless. You do realize Drake Maye doesn’t play defense right? UNC had one of the worst defenses in the country last two years, ranked around 100/131 P5 teams.

You do realize that if that’s your take then there’s no reason to have this discussion about Tua either this making this thread pointless right?

I know I'm not around and don't post much anymore, but let's face reality: Vic Fangio is a good defensive coordinator who has very consistently been good before coming to Miami. I think he's done a credible job here, and he'll do a credible job with his next team.

When you got the same recurring problems on defense with coach after coach after coach, maybe it's something else.

Back
Top Bottom