Tua's 16 games in (Full Season) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's 16 games in (Full Season)

I am not owner, Gm or coach..so why can I not dream of having watson..there is no guarantee Tua or DW will worker out in miami.
Dude, I have no problem with dreams. But I feel I should remind you DW coming to MIA isn't happening

and back to the keyhole accuracy, of course that's what allows for that waddle 57 yard rec...perfectly in stride....and waddle td...a tiny possible window to fit that throw in. It's like in baseball, there is control vs command...control is throwing strikes, command is painting the corners at the knees....tua's 70% i suspect is much more valuable than herbert's 66% in this way

watching that pair play, I wonder if it will become 'a thing' for front offices to pair up qbs with their favorite college targets. Usually this kind of chemistry takes a year or two, but we are seeing with burrow-chase as well the benefits of this strategy. You speed up the process a whole year, which is a big deal in getting the most out of both rookie contracts

Like watching Greg Maddux back in the day. He didn’t have super speed on his throws but he could knock a gnat off of a needle

Meanwhile:

There has been a lot of discussion the past couple days about IAY, comp %, etc.

I would like to interject some common sense into the discussion.

All of these metrics, advanced or basic, have to be taken into context of the offensive scheme, as well as each other.

As an example, if an offense is based in the classic WC style, or in our case integrates a high RPO rate, those offenses are going to produce statistics far different than an "Air Coryell" type 5/7 step drop system, and that is not necessarily a direct reflection on the individual QB. We all agree bad is bad, but that isnt what we are talking about here.

I realize those are out of date extremes, but they do illustrate my point.

Whether it's Tua, Herbert or whomever, the overall philosophy plays a big part in the statistical outcome. It isn't always an "apples to apples" comp. In fact, it usually is not.

All of these metrics, advanced or basic, have to be taken into context of the offensive scheme, as well as each other.

As an example, if an offense is based in the classic WC style, or in our case integrates a high RPO rate, those offenses are going to produce statistics far different than an "Air Coryell" type 5/7 step drop system, and that is not necessarily a direct reflection on the individual QB. We all agree bad is bad, but that isnt what we are talking about here.

Whether it's Tua, Herbert or whomever, the overall philosophy plays a big part in the statistical outcome. It isn't always an "apples to apples" comp. In fact, it usually is not.
makes me wondering why the charger coordinator are having Herbert throw or scheme for shorter passes considering herbert does have the arm to sling passes into intermediate and deep passes. Is it mental? Where OC thinks it's best for herbert to get short pass game down? I'm wondering the reason for that.

makes me wondering why the charger coordinator are having Herbert throw or scheme for shorter passes considering herbert does have the arm to sling passes into intermediate and deep passes. Is it mental? Where OC thinks it's best for herbert to get short pass game down? I'm wondering the reason for that.
Could just be general philosophy. I haven't watched any Charger games, other than highlights, but many teams use short passes as an extension of the run game.

Could just be general philosophy. I haven't watched any Charger games, other than highlights, but many teams use short passes as an extension of the run game.
I thought chargers had a good run game tho. Usually it seems like short passing game is used often to make up the lack of a good ground game. And short passes are treated like short chain moving plays like the run game does.

I thought chargers had a good run game tho. Usually it seems like short passing game is used often to make up the lack of a good ground game. And short passes are treated like short chain moving plays like the run game does.
True.

It also may be the way defenses are playing him. If it's a lot of cover 2 off zone, the underneath routes are going to be available.

I totally agree that you need to dig in to fully understand why this is. This is really to debunk the big arm = always throwing down field while the not so big arm = dink and dunk. For some it is that simple. To me it’s been pretty obvious why Miami doesn’t push the ball and it has nothing to do with arm strength and everything to do with the protection. Then you’ll have the guys claiming our line is better now because Tua isn’t getting sacked. Tua isn’t getting sacked because of Tua. Watch Eich and Davis, they are not the reason. Eyeball test will get you to that conclusion quickly.

Do the Chargers have protection issues? I don’t know. I thought they were getting praised for “fixing their line” in the offseason. I’ve watched them only a few times. Their offense has been anywhere from looking unstoppable to struggling to move the ball.

Back
Top Bottom