Tua's 16 games in (Full Season) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's 16 games in (Full Season)

Maybe. I waited a long time for Grant, with just glimpses here and there and a few game-changing plays in the return game. I see Waddle and Hollins as the keepers at wide receiver. The rest are either gone, or have to earn spots. Could be time to let go of Parker, Williams and Wilson. Sign a free agent who is solid/good, dependable and durable. Then draft a receiver maybe in the 2nd or 3rd.
Problem is if you cut Parker you only save about $3.5 million because of the dead cap in 2022. The following year I think it jumps up to around $6.5 million so I definitely see it happening the.

I see them reallocating Fullers $ and a bit more cap space next year to sign another veteran to pair with Waddle and Gesicki, who I expect to be resigned.

I do not know why, but it just seems like everyone except most of our fans want to see Tua fail. It makes little sense considering how nice the guy seems. Maybe its just that people hate the Dolphins?
Tua was loved by everyone at Alabama.

I think the location of NFL headquarters and ESPN definitely have connotations with how the press covers the Fins.

Problem is if you cut Parker you only save about $3.5 million because of the dead cap in 2022. The following year I think it jumps up to around $6.5 million so I definitely see it happening the.

I see them reallocating Fullers $ and a bit more cap space next year to sign another veteran to pair with Waddle and Gesicki, who I expect to be resigned.
I think you might get something for him in terms of a trade. For example Jalen Reagor has struggled at times fo the Eagles. They might do a straight swap Reagor for Parker. Parker's salary isn't that bad and the Eagles might like the idea of a Parker, Smith and Quez Watkins trio. I'm sure when you bring up Parker's name to the Eagles coaches they think of his performance in Philly last season. Reagor isn't a finished product at wr and still has his ups and downs, but Miami with Waddle, Reagor and a top notch rookie could be the start of a nice wr unit too. For example if Miami drafted Olave from Ohio State aand teamed him with Waddle, Reagor, Hollins, Bowden and let Merritt, Ford and maybe a day 3 draft pick battle for the 6th spot.

Tua Tagovailoa has an average of 7.3 air yards per attempt this season.

No he doesnt... Thats his YPA...
His 2020 YPA was 7.3, this season it's 7.4. Tua's is 7.3.
YPA has nothing to do with how far a QB throws the ball.
In fact, Herbert has the 5th worst air yards per attempt in the league..
No he doesnt... Tua is bottom 4 and Herbert is bottom 7... You cant use 5th worst with those stats, there's no BETTER distance to throw the ball on average, its all about how it fits into an overall strategy.

No he doesnt... Tua is bottom 4 and Herbert is bottom 7... You cant use 5th worst with those stats, there's no BETTER distance to throw the ball on average, its all about how it fits into an overall strategy.
Herbert was bottom 5 before their last game.

Herbert was bottom 5 before their last game.
Well today he's bottom 7 and Tua throws it even shorter. This shouldnt be an argument against a QB on its own and even less of a tool to compare QBs. I mean if you want to bring up IAY, you also need to include what they make of it.

Tua and Herbert are close in this stat. Tua completes 70% of his passes while Herbert completes 66%. No one was ever caught saying Herbert was a more accurate passer than Tua but whats really interesting here is, Tua's comp% over expected is +3.3% while Herbert's is -1.7%.

There's this thing going on where people equate throwing shorter to easier throws, which is absolutely correct, but its not because they are easier to complete that you cant be much better than other QBs at executing them.

I know what Im saying right now pretty much agrees with what everyone I quoted were saying. I just hate it when people use the wrong stats to prove things, whether I agree with the premise or not.

Well today he's bottom 7 and Tua throws it even shorter. This shouldnt be an argument against a QB on its own and even less of a tool to compare QBs. I mean if you want to bring up IAY, you also need to include what they make of it.

Tua and Herbert are close in this stat. Tua completes 70% of his passes while Herbert completes 66%. No one was ever caught saying Herbert was a more accurate passer than Tua but whats really interesting here is, Tua's comp% over expected is +3.3% while Herbert's is -1.7%.

There's this thing going on where people equate throwing shorter to easier throws, which is absolutely correct, but its not because they are easier to complete that you cant be much better than other QBs at executing them.

I know what Im saying right now pretty much agrees with what everyone I quoted were saying. I just hate it when people use the wrong stats to prove things, whether I agree with the premise or not.
and back to the keyhole accuracy, of course that's what allows for that waddle 57 yard rec...perfectly in stride....and waddle td...a tiny possible window to fit that throw in. It's like in baseball, there is control vs command...control is throwing strikes, command is painting the corners at the knees....tua's 70% i suspect is much more valuable than herbert's 66% in this way

watching that pair play, I wonder if it will become 'a thing' for front offices to pair up qbs with their favorite college targets. Usually this kind of chemistry takes a year or two, but we are seeing with burrow-chase as well the benefits of this strategy. You speed up the process a whole year, which is a big deal in getting the most out of both rookie contracts

Last edited:
and back to the keyhole accuracy, of course that's what allows for that waddle 57 yard rec...perfectly in stride....and waddle td...a tiny possible window to fit that throw in. It's like in baseball, there is control vs command...control is throwing strikes, command is painting the corners at the knees....tua's 70% i suspect is much more valuable than herbert's 66% in this way
Exactly, this is what is reflected by the over expected comp%... Put in words, Herbert is completing 1.7% less of his passes when there's a defender 1 yard within his target while Tua completes 3.3% more. Whats even more interesting is Tua is doing all this faster than Herbert. 0.2 seconds faster on average. All this while Tua faces tight windows more often.

Yes he does.. but whatevs… why argue with facts 🤷‍♂️

watching that pair play, I wonder if it will become 'a thing' for front offices to pair up qbs with their favorite college targets. Usually this kind of chemistry takes a year or two, but we are seeing with burrow-chase as well the benefits of this strategy. You speed up the process a whole year, which is a big deal in getting the most out of both rookie contracts

Yea people dont consider the fact short/medium range passing isnt always easy for qbs. The example of Tua/waddle in stride vs Herberts pick 6 is evident. If Herbert was better at completing those kind of passes, then guys can complain that Tua only dinks and dunks. The pass herbert threw yesterday (pick 6), tua does in his sleep. Im giving Herbert the benefit of the doubt of having a bad day.

Im not a believer in always comparing QBs (because all these young qbs are good in their ways), but we end up doing it because one QB is always being bashed lol.

Yea people dont consider the fact short/medium range passing isnt always easy for qbs. The example of Tua/waddle in stride vs Herberts pick 6 is evident. If Herbert was better at completing those kind of passes, then guys can complain that Tua only dinks and dunks. The pass herbert threw yesterday (pick 6), tua does in his sleep. Im giving Herbert the benefit of the doubt of having a bad day.

Im not a believer in always comparing QBs (because all these young qbs are good in their ways), but we end up doing it because one QB is always being bashed lol.
Comparing Tua to Herbert is a fool's errand. It was a good decision at the time and can't be changed even if they wanted to. Stand by your decision and give it your full support, and 3 years in, if it didn't work, well it's just another case of a highly touted college QB not working out in the NFL, and it's time to pick another. Happens much more often than the opposite.

I think it'll work out just fine, caveat: injuries.

I did not realize that 3 games with 80% or better has only been done 16 times. One more game and he ties Brees and Cousins for the NFL record. It is not unreasonable to reach 5 games over 80% which will make him all by himself. He is playing better than we think.

Back
Top Bottom