Tua's 16 games in (Full Season) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's 16 games in (Full Season)

You know who doesn’t throw downfield? Justin Herbert, 5th worst in the league with 7.1 air yards per attempt. I guess we couldn’t have drafted a QB who throws it down the field no matter what.

BTW I know your sarcasm, here is the stat for folks who may not believe it. Strong arm or not I guess the class of 2020 doesn’t throw downfield.

View attachment 89056
200w.gif

i watched the charger game.. herbert looked terrible.. should have had at least 2 more picks too
Even when we were losing all the time I often said I wished people watched other teams play other than Miami. Tua was, and definitely now is, comparable to other good QB's in the NFL. Anyone not seeing it just doesn't watch enough football.

I cant see how alot of people called him a bust. I mean, its still early of course but there are other QBs that didnt perform like him in their first 16 games. His 16th game today was a great mark in his young career imho.
Unfortunately some posters dislike Tua and it has nothing to do with his skill on the field. Tua is the best QB the Dolphins have had since Marino and he is only going to get better with more experience.

Get him a decent OL, a running game and a few more quality WR’s and he will have the Dolphins competing for the SB in the near future.

Why on earth would you give Williams a pass? Talk about A waste of a roster spot. MIssed a game because of his attitude this year as well. Replace him with someone who’s available, is consistent, and who is a pro.
They need to replace Willams too. I don’t care how cheap he is. Any professional player who has missed as much time injured as he has and then is suspended by the HC for a game doesn’t deserve to remain on the Dolphins beyond this season.

Also he just isn’t that good as a WR. I would rather see Hollins and Bowden on the roster next year as WR’s than Williams.

Even when we were losing all the time I often said I wished people watched other teams play other than Miami. Tua was, and definitely now is, comparable to other good QB's in the NFL. Anyone not seeing it just doesn't watch enough football.
Exactly they just watch the highlights and then instantly crown them.

Heading into yesterday's game Tua was 9 of 17 (53%) on throws traveling 20+ yards beyond the LOS. Tua on average throws 20+ yards 8.27% of the time.

Heading into yesterday's game Justin Herbert, everyone's favorite young QB with his big powerful arm, was 15 for 30 (50%) on throws traveling 20+ yards beyond the LOS. Herbert on average threw 20+ yards 7.58% of the time.

Hmm...double standard?

BTW...Tannehill was 9 of 34.

Heading into yesterday's game Tua was 9 of 17 (53%) on throws traveling 20+ yards beyond the LOS. Tua on average throws 20+ yards 8.27% of the time.

Heading into yesterday's game Justin Herbert, everyone's favorite young QB with his big powerful arm, was 15 for 30 (50%) on throws traveling 20+ yards beyond the LOS. Herbert on average threw 20+ yards 7.58% of the time.

Hmm...double standard?

Shush or you are gonna get shushed for stirring up the pot

Hmm...double standard?

Media is to blame for a lot of it...Tua came into the league with everyone on TV questioning if he could come back from the hip...so any mistake he makes is magnified...where guys like Burrow Allen in his first 2 seasons get passes...but to get a bit controversial for a second I don't think the football media likes Tua's eye black being a cross...they hated Tebow for the same reason

Blame fantasy stats
Hey now, don't sleep on fantasy stats! 3 of the 4 QBs in last year's Championship games were in the top 4 fantasy stat wise , and the other one was 8th which was Tom Brady.

This year, all 10 of the top 10 fantasy QBs are in either first or second place (5 in first and 5 in second) and they have a combined record of 69-43, and that's not even counting Kyler Murray, who, if not hurt, would also be in the top 10 fantasy wise, and would make 6 of the top 10 fantasy QBs in first place, and 4 in second place.

Fantasy stats are a measure of production, better production leads to more winning in the long run.

Let's just hope Tua keeps it going!! I think he will.

Media is to blame for a lot of it...Tua came into the league with everyone on TV questioning if he could come back from the hip...so any mistake he makes is magnified...where guys like Burrow Allen in his first 2 seasons get passes...but to get a bit controversial for a second I don't think the football media likes Tua's eye black being a cross...they hated Tebow for the same reason
Meh...... It may, or may not be a "thing" but in any case it has zero effect on how he actually performs. I don't judge the player by what a$$hat talking heads have to say about irrelevant talking points.

Kurt Warner wore it on his sleeve in a far more noticeable way.

Tebow was not a good QB. If he were, it wouldn't have mattered. He had his chances, regardless of his religious beliefs.

Accuracy is so important and is often overlooked. Good example today, Herbert threw a pick 6 that deflected of off his receiver on a short route because it was thrown behind him. And People criticize Tua for his short passing game lol. The other pick Herbert threw was also a badly thrown ball. Im not saying hes a bad QB because hes an excellent one... just dont appreciate people criticizing Tua
People look at yards too often too. Yes you don't want a qb passing like 198 yards. But tua had 230 yards and didn't need to because they got to a big lead early in the game. Herbert had 300 something yards 2 tds, but he threw 2 costly interceptions. And if you look further his completion percentage was low too in that game. They were behind too the chargers which also causes more passing and there will be yardage but that doesn't always mean it was productive yardage too. Herbert's good, but sometimes pass yards are looked into too much.

Back
Top Bottom