Tua's 16 games in (Full Season) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's 16 games in (Full Season)

It’s like hiring discounted construction workers to work on your house, except they constantly don’t show up or call in sick. You get what you pay for. I don’t want Parker or Williams back even if they paid Miami to play for them. Time to move on, see them on someone else’s IR list for a change.

My 2 Cents:

During the “Trade For Watson” talk period of the last year or so, my big point was people judging Tua after “X” number of games played. Whether that number was 9 or 11 or whatever, I felt it was too early to make any determination on whether or not we had a franchise QB. I also stated that we would probably have a much better understanding of Tua about now (December). In my opinion, we do.

Is he perfect? No. He definitely doesn’t have a rocket arm like Danny Marino or even Justin Herbert. He’s a little smaller than I like in a QB….And Yes, injuries remain a concern.

BUT…. you cannot argue his elite accuracy. His timing is great…Not good…..Great. His arm is good enough to get the ball there and he is starting to pick defenses apart. Keep in mind, today was against the #1 rated pass defense in the NFL. I would say that’s impressive.

Further encouragement comes from the fact he did what he did the past few weeks with (as I always point out):
  • A Bottom 2 or 3 OL. They are typically terrible. While they played better today….They’ve been terrible this year.
  • 1 good receiver. If Parker and Fuller spend a few more minutes in the training room….They could be Massage Tables (Goodfellas Line). I mean, besides Waddle…Name 1 receiver that would be in the top 3 on any other team. Spoiler Alert: You Can’t.
  • A Nonexistent running game. While a lot of this is due to the poor OL…. Gaskin and Ahmad have had a tough time breaking tackles. Although, it is tough breaking tackles when the opposing DL is literally taking the handoff for you.
  • Quite possibly the worst play calling in the NFL. Again, the OL is a limiting factor here. BUT…The play calling has been bad.
  • A defense that until the past few games couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down. It’s tough to get a rhythm when you only have the ball for 40 plays.
I say all of that to say this; I’m pretty sure Tua is a keeper and should turn out to be really good if not great. I can rip Grier for a lot of really bad picks….But I can’t rip him for picking Tua.

Wow that’s crazy stat to see. The way people talk about Herbert I assume it was like best in league lol.

Because that’s how some of the crazy media talking heads speak about him.

I’ve heard at least one proclaim him as the best QB in the NFL right now and I definitely heard Boomer Esiason boldly state today that if Herbert was a Denver Bronco they’d be elevated to a Super Bowl contender.

I swear these idiots just love to latch on to the shiny new thing. And be the first to say they “recognized”.

Herbert has surely been really good in stretches. And looks like he’s going to have a real nice career. But he still has a losing record as a starting QB and has accomplished nothing to suggest he’s THAT good yet.

Meanwhile Tua has a winning record as a starting QB while also playing on a flawed team yet can barely get a nice thing said about him. Go figure.

I’ve heard at least one proclaim him as the best QB in the NFL right now and I definitely heard Boomer Esiason boldly state today that if Herbert was a Denver Bronco they’d be elevated to a Super Bowl contender.

I swear these idiots just love to latch on to the shiny new thing. And be the first to say they “recognized”.

Herbert has surely been really good in stretches. And looks like he’s going to have a real nice career. But he still has a losing record as a starting QB and has accomplished nothing to suggest he’s THAT good yet.

Meanwhile Tua has a winning record as a starting QB while also playing on a flawed team yet can barely get a nice thing said about him. Go figure.
Don't even get me started with Colin Cowherd and his man crush on Herbert. He talks about herbert like he's the best young qb ever but almost ignores or dismisses Herberts bad games. "well herberts young that happens" meanwhile tua has a bad game "tua's limited, he's not a franchise qb".

Don't even get me started with Colin Cowherd and his man crush on Herbert. He talks about herbert like he's the best young qb ever but almost ignores or dismisses Herberts bad games. "well herberts young that happens" meanwhile tua has a bad game "tua's limited, he's not a franchise qb".

Accuracy is so important and is often overlooked. Good example today, Herbert threw a pick 6 that deflected of off his receiver on a short route because it was thrown behind him. And People criticize Tua for his short passing game lol. The other pick Herbert threw was also a badly thrown ball. Im not saying hes a bad QB because hes an excellent one... just dont appreciate people criticizing Tua

I’ve been a tough evaluator of Tua. I’ll continue to be. He was excellent today.

I do still have concerns with the arm in NE winter conditions. However, win home field advantage with a team built for the NE and you’re laughing.

The kid can play.
Our offense as shitty as it can be is built perfectly for winter games. Short high percentage completions. If you’re throwing long in snow games, there’s a high probability for dropped passes and deflected ints off hands no matter how great your arm is.

Ya they're certainly more critical of Tua than Herbert...even though neither team has done anything special (post-season). The religion thing isn't very PC in today's media, for one. But you have to keep in mind, Herbert threw up the single best rookie QB season in history last year. That's going to get you some clout, even if there was a lot of garbage time involved.

All ex-QB analysts have their favorites...but relative to these two youngsters, it's too early to be sold 100% either way...although they both look like keepers. Boomer's all over Herbert...and Dilfer stated in regards to Tua "nobody throws the ball better." They're over the top hype.

One thing about Tua that doesn't get enough attention, is his release. I watched a LOT of Dolphins football in the '80s/'90s, and the announcers constantly talked about Marino's quick release. I'm not sure a game went by where it wasn't spoken about. Tua's is faster. It's just one trait and doesn't indicate he's going to be great all by itself, but it's elite level.

Ya they're certainly more critical of Tua than Herbert...even though neither team has done anything special (post-season). The religion thing isn't very PC in today's media, for one. But you have to keep in mind, Herbert threw up the single best rookie QB season in history last year. That's going to get you some clout, even if there was a lot of garbage time involved.

All ex-QB analysts have their favorites...but relative to these two youngsters, it's too early to be sold 100% either way...although they both look like keepers. Boomer's all over Herbert...and Dilfer stated in regards to Tua "nobody throws the ball better." They're over the top hype.

One thing about Tua that doesn't get enough attention, is his release. I watched a LOT of Dolphins football in the '80s/'90s, and the announcers constantly talked about Marino's quick release. I'm not sure a game went by where it wasn't spoken about. Tua's is faster. It's just one trait and doesn't indicate he's going to be great all by itself, but it's elite level.
Do you really think the religious aspect has anything to do with it?

Aside from the paint, I don't think I've ever heard him reference it at all.

Many (most) players talk about being "blessed", point skyward, etc.

Do you really think the religious aspect has anything to do with it?

Aside from the paint, I don't think I've ever heard him reference it at all.

Many (most) players talk about being "blessed", point skyward, etc.
I do, not to the point where it's all that matters, but it's a thing for some reason. Sports media has gotten much more political than in years past, especially BSPN...they have obvious agendas.

He referenced it quite a bit in interviews early on, not necessarily in pressers. I think he was probably guided to tone it down since.

As crazy as it may sound... I think if you put Tua on the Broncos they might be a superbowl contender...

Good oline...2 good rbs.... Sutton taking the top off defenses.... Jeudy working the slot.... Fant at TE.

Right now Miami has the last 2 in Waddle and Gesicki.... that's all.

Back
Top Bottom