Tua's 16 games in (Full Season) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's 16 games in (Full Season)

Williams is cheap enough to give him another training camp.
What would be the point? Showing out in camp hasn't translated to being healthy in the regular season so, to me, his camp performance is largely irrelevant.

That's just setting yourself up for likely failure, IMO.

I know he has ability, but at what point do we move on?

Those look like great rookie numbers to me. This kid is the real deal. He is starting to show that confidence that makes him a great leader too.
I knew Tua would be a star. You can not teach his accuracy. I am very surprised at how fast he has learned to make plays without an O-line. The only reason Fitzmagic was able to play better then Tua was his 17 years learning how to move around in the pocket. Tua learned it coming off a major injury and in only 16 games. I can not wait until he actually trusts his line and they give him time in the pocket. I am also getting very annoyed with people saying he has a lack of arm strength. The only people who would know that are his coaches and teammates. Yet all these talking heads keep saying it even though the few attempts he had enough time to go deep, the throws looked good to me. If he starts to underthrow recievers on deep routes, I will agree. Until that happens, it just sounds like people are trying to use any excuse to put the kid down. I have so much respect for Tua, especially after the team treated him so poorly during the watson trade rumours.

Too bad he will never have the arm strength to get it past 10 yards

Or the height to see over the linemen
All he does is dink and dunk. Too bad he’s also injury prone. I’d like to slap those crosses off his face. Screw Saban and Alabama. Watson is better with his extra 1-2 inches in height and equal arm strength. Did I cover the rest?

Give this kid some more time with another WR to throw to and it's going to be fun.

Waddle and Gesicki are both A1 targets. Panthers put Stephon Gilmore on Gesicki.

Tua is playing his best ball since the Arizona game. He deserves all the credit in the world for it. If he can stay healthy it truly appears he is turning a corner and it’s a beautiful thing to see.

You know who doesn’t throw downfield? Justin Herbert, 5th worst in the league with 7.1 air yards per attempt. I guess we couldn’t have drafted a QB who throws it down the field no matter what.

BTW I know your sarcasm, here is the stat for folks who may not believe it. Strong arm or not I guess the class of 2020 doesn’t throw downfield.

View attachment 89056
i watched the charger game.. herbert looked terrible.. should have had at least 2 more picks too

It’s funny because most teams in the NFL “dink and dunk” this ain’t a madden game or college where it’s bombs away. You want that QB who can run up the field with efficiency and accuracy in a time consuming 80 yard drive.

Bad game absolutely, I don’t think Herbert is terrible but it’s a myth that he bombs it down the field. He dinks and dunks this season.
i like herbert too but the media makes him out to be marino.. it's amazing when you watch it with your own eyes..

What would be the point? Showing out in camp hasn't translated to being healthy in the regular season so, to me, his camp performance is largely irrelevant.

That's just setting yourself up for likely failure, IMO.

I know he has ability, but at what point do we move on?
Fair. But, Miami figures to have a lot of new pieces at wide receiver. No guarantees for Williams, but one last look/chance perhaps?

Fair. But, Miami figures to have a lot of new pieces at wide receiver. No guarantees for Williams, but one last look/chance perhaps?
I know what ur saying. It can be hard to let go of an "underdog" that one has been rooting for. Are you sure that isn't clouding your judgement?

Like I said, I don't believe his "camp" showing has much value.

It's like that old "definition of insanity" axiom.

All he does is dink and dunk. Too bad he’s also injury prone. I’d like to slap those crosses off his face. Screw Saban and Alabama. Watson is better with his extra 1-2 inches in height and equal arm strength. Did I cover the rest?
You forgot "he can't run, lacks accuracy and isn't a team captain so he's not a leader". 🤣

Back
Top Bottom