Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021

A persuasive argument can be made that given what he had to work with, Mills did a better job than his low character predecessor once he grew his sea legs.

How come the rushing TDs are generally always ignored? They're worth noting.

So are Damian Harris and Elijah Mitchell better than Jonathan Taylor because their teams have better W-L records? Or does the W-L record trumping stats narrative only pertain to the QB when assessing individual play?
This will shock those of you who haven’t watched a football game yet, but quarterbacks have a greater influence on winning and losing than running backs do. See Tom Brady, Barry Sanders.

This will shock those of you who haven’t watched a football game yet, but quarterbacks have a greater influence on winning and losing than running backs do. See Tom Brady, Barry Sanders.
So what? The fact that there’s a hierarchy to positional importance doesn’t change the fact that W/L is a team stat, not an individual one.

I could easily argue that often times, in a game by game basis, a RB, WR, or defensive player was more responsible for a Win or a Loss than the QB was.

I thought David Mills did a pretty good job in Houston tbh...
May be a huge steal. Mills have very high physical skill. Kids was a 5 star #1QB coming out of HS. He turned down Bama, Georgia and well pretty much everyone to pick Stanford. Stanford O was (like Miami) a crap show when he was starting their. There was some draft guys had him maybe going in the 1st just off pure physical talent. If the kid had picked Bama or Georgia type school probably could have been top 5 type pick

So what? The fact that there’s a hierarchy to positional importance doesn’t change the fact that W/L is a team stat, not an individual one.

I could easily argue that often times, in a game by game basis, a RB, WR, or defensive player was more responsible for a Win or a Loss than the QB was.
I mean, you can argue whatever you want. On bdizzle00.com, you can keep stats for what defensive player was most responsible for a win or loss. Make sure to share a link.

Everywhere else, the only position that they keep W-L stats for is quarterback. Because it’s very literally a quarterback stat that is prominently featured on QB statistics pages. I can tell you Tom Brady’s career record in starts in about 12 seconds. I can’t tell you any RB’s W-L record in starts without doing the work myself.

Also, you recognize that every stat is a team stat, yes? Completions require an offensive line to block and a receiver to get open and catch the ball. Quarterback passing touchdowns are… not scored by the quarterback.

I mean, you can argue whatever you want. On bdizzle00.com, you can keep stats for what defensive player was most responsible for a win or loss. Make sure to share a link.

Everywhere else, the only position that they keep W-L stats for is quarterback. Because it’s very literally a quarterback stat that is prominently featured on QB statistics pages. I can tell you Tom Brady’s career record in starts in about 12 seconds. I can’t tell you any RB’s W-L record in starts without doing the work myself.
They keep stats “as a starter”. And honestly, I can find the same stats for other positions in the same 12 seconds. All you need to know are the years a certain player was on a team. In fact, Google “QB stats” and tell me if W/L even comes up.

That doesn’t mean that’s the teams record “because” they were the starter. It means that’s the teams record when the QB happens to be the starter.

Not every win should be attributed to the QB, just like every loss shouldn’t be. But you already know that.

Back
Top Bottom