Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Tom Brady’s closest statistical comparison from 2001

Both players started 14 games

Chris Chandler: 2847 passing yards, 7.8 yards per attempt, 16 TDs, 14 INTs, passer rating 84.1

Tom Brady: 2843 passing yards, 6.9 yards per attempt, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, passer rating 86.5

Don’t get caught up in the team stats. Of course Tom Brady went 11-3 and won the Super Bowl while Chris Chandler went 6-8. But Tom Brady and Chris Chandler, very similar quality quarterbacks in 2001.

I like Tua... but I'm not in denial about what he has been so far.

I just made this thread to attempt to bring some of the extreme right wing Tua fans back down to earth for a minute.

Blame David Mills, how dare he have the same stats as Tua!

Our whole offense was a dumpster fire and we need to get someone in here to fix it. Hopefully those stats get better with better coaching.

TUA missed 5 games
How many 80% completiongames did mills have?
Another person that thinks like flo who may end up on texans
Lol Mills missed 5 games too.. they had virtually the same comp%.... did you even look at the stat lines? It was the 1st post of this thread... it was only 3 sentences. How did you miss this?

Tom Brady’s closest statistical comparison from 2001

Both players started 14 games

Chris Chandler: 2847 passing yards, 7.8 yards per attempt, 16 TDs, 14 INTs, passer rating 84.1

Tom Brady: 2843 passing yards, 6.9 yards per attempt, 18 TDs, 12 INTs, passer rating 86.5

Don’t get caught up in the team stats. Of course Tom Brady went 11-3 and won the Super Bowl while Chris Chandler went 6-8. But Tom Brady and Chris Chandler, very similar quality quarterbacks in 2001.
Now do W/L percentage of all QBs in NFL history with at least 50 starts and see where Marino ranks and the list of scrubs he ranks behind.

How many games should be played before W/L record even becomes remotely valuable when comparing 2 individual players?

At this point, It might be a good idea to start looking at the possibility of creating a separate forum specifically about comparing Tua to other football players... Im not kidding, that forum would probably get more traffic than the main...
You mean that’s already not this one?

He just did
Why bc we had a better record?

Mills couldn't have won those games with our defense?

He posted the same stats as Tua with a worse WR core.

I bet we would have the exact same record with Mills as we had with Tua.

I'm not saying Mills is better than Tua, just saying they are on the same level at this point..... oh and Mills is a Rookie

Back
Top Bottom