Tuesday Morning Practice Tweets 8/14 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday Morning Practice Tweets 8/14

hell no its not normal...these guys have to work hard enough just to get open and thats not gonna be consistent they damn well better catch it when they are...

:ponder: I'll accept your thoughts on that. But i would love to see a chart of miscues( drops etc) throughout the league..I doubt it shows the Miami Dolphins at the bottom of the list and if it showed individual players I think Jacoby Ford (Judging by yesterdays OAK vs DAL) might be near the top. We certainly need to clean it up and be more consistant..no doubt!

:ponder: I'll accept your thoughts on that. But i would love to see a chart of miscues( drops etc) throughout the league..I doubt it shows the Miami Dolphins at the bottom of the list and if it showed individual players I think Jacoby Ford (Judging by yesterdays OAK vs DAL) might be near the top. We certainly need to clean it up and be more consistant..no doubt!

jacoby ford should have been benched yesterday...yeah there are guys dropping balls around the league no doubt but i think you'll be hard pressed to find legit wr cores as in units that drop the damn ball as much as we reportedly have...good thing is it didn't show itself in the preseason opener...but it's probably saving itself knowing our luck for when we play for keeps

how come sean smith hasn't taken some innitiative and gone to a damn tackling for dummys class or tackling 101 during the offseason??? god dang kid you are killing your earning potential cause you're such a fairy tackler and you have done nothing about it

Now this!!!! I completely agree with he easily might be the "worst" tackling starting CB in the league..... I can't believe his tackling ability seems just as putrid as his first start in the league.

how come sean smith hasn't taken some innitiative and gone to a damn tackling for dummys class or tackling 101 during the offseason??? god dang kid you are killing your earning potential cause you're such a fairy tackler and you have done nothing about it

It's really embarrassing.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
Just about every player on the Dolphins knows a healthy David Garrard is the best QB Phins have. Dumping him would be waving the white flag

More like keeping him is waving the white flag.

Now this!!!! I completely agree with he easily might be the "worst" tackling starting CB in the league..... I can't believe his tackling ability seems just as putrid as his first start in the league.
Normally starting CBs who are **** tacklers make up for it in pass defense. Unfortunately, he blows at that too.

This is even more of a concern.

Omar Kelly@OmarKelly Julius Pruitt scored a 39-yard TD during catch up the middle from Matt Moore. Great read by QB, and clearly a breakdown from secondary.

Breakdown in the secondary...I wish I knew what the freak is going on in this secondary.

il tell u whats wrong with the secondary. We got a rookie jimmy wilson back there trying to hold the fort down, jimmmy has potential but he is not ready to start back there. We should have signed a vet or something back there, we already got one worthless idiot in our secondary sean smith, we need this safety issue fixed by week 1 or our D is screwed.

il tell u whats wrong with the secondary. We got a rookie jimmy wilson back there trying to hold the fort down, jimmmy has potential but he is not ready to start back there. We should have signed a vet or something back there, we already got one worthless idiot in our secondary sean smith, we need this safety issue fixed by week 1 or our D is screwed.
Wilson isn't a rookie...and he hasn't been starting either

Normally starting CBs who are **** tacklers make up for it in pass defense. Unfortunately, he blows at that too.

yeah you could deal with it if the guy was a lock down cover guy...but i saw the same old lack of balance and poor awareness i've been seeing for what 3 damn years now...it's not happening with that kid...but when he does actually tackle it makes you want to punch a hole in the tv watching it...got to got to got to be the worst starting tackling cb in football...i puke in my mouth a little when i watch how soft that kids game is...

his tackling form reminds me of my one year old reaching out for me when he wants me to pick him up...just arms out no hips behind it no power no explosion

On the Deep Ball play to, i think it was "underwood" that the SS/FS (Wilson) should have had There was a CB trailing the WR by about 2-3 yards, without seeing the number or name I just knew it was S.Sean. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this from him....Its almost as if he still doesn't realize on the "Deep Ball" most NFL QBs(Except for ours ofcourse) rarely underthrow the ball. I'd hate to think in addition, his technique is crap and he's slow to boot. With the way Vontae his been playing as well, I'd hate to think that we need to also add drafting another starting CB on the future draft needs list as well.

I'm starting to think that CK may have been really wrong about S.Smith....

yeah you could deal with it if the guy was a lock down cover guy...but i saw the same old lack of balance and poor awareness i've been seeing for what 3 damn years now...it's not happening with that kid...but when he does actually tackle it makes you want to punch a hole in the tv watching it...got to got to got to be the worst starting tackling cb in football...i puke in my mouth a little when i watch how soft that kids game is...

his tackling form reminds me of my one year old reaching out for me when he wants me to pick him up...just arms out no hips behind it no power no explosion

What's astonishing to me is that none of our coaches have tried addressing it. Get the kid running tackling drills with Vontae all day long. Vontae could teach him a thing or two about being aggressive. SS is such a fairy.

On the Deep Ball play to, i think it was "underwood" that the SS/FS (Wilson) should have had There was a CB trailing the WR by about 2-3 yards, without seeing the number or name I just knew it was S.Sean. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this from him....Its almost as if he still doesn't realize on the "Deep Ball" most NFL QBs(Except for ours ofcourse) rarely underthrow the ball. I'd hate to think in addition, his technique is crap and he's slow to boot. With the way Vontae his been playing as well, I'd hate to think that we need to also add drafting another starting CB on the future draft needs list as well.

I'm starting to think that CK may have been really wrong about S.Smith....

i can tell ya right now we need to draft another potential starting boundary cb...it's a priority...in 2013 no less...

sean smith when he expects help always just trails the play never makes it up ground on the deep vertical never does anything...then you see him look at everyone else like it's all their fault...maybe if your not beat by 2 yards sean down the field the qb doesn't throw it up there...

What's astonishing to me is that none of our coaches have tried addressing it. Get the kid running tackling drills with Vontae all day long. Vontae could teach him a thing or two about being aggressive. SS is such a fairy.

I seriously doubt that! Especially considering our DC is supposed to be a secondary guru

anyways...the only real thing i wanted to really hear today was that ryan tannehill had a good day especially when i'm figuring that they threw a lot of different looks at him to see how he set up his protections and recognized coverages etc...something that philbin said they were gonna do this week...sounds like he learned something from yesterday which is always good to hear...this team could go as far as tannehill can take us...

Back
Top Bottom