Tuesday's Night Practice Aug. 6th T.C. Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuesday's Night Practice Aug. 6th T.C. Report

I keep saying CK and you're not hearing..Dixon is not ready either..He's with the walking wounded, trying to heal..I think from this report Spriggs is farther along..I think he may well be starting there..I love to hear that our 2nd unit OL is looking good..Man what depth.
I'm defintely looking forward to this year..

Thanks oz we apperciate your reports from all the way here in
LOS ANGELES.

o-line...............

SPRIGGS looked like a bum in camp last year according to most peoples camp reports. didn't even win the job.

then when he had to start on opening day, i was like shoot, this guy is supposed to suck!! he was holding the point of attack on pass plays, [his knock in camp was he got run over by everyone and looked bad against the pass], and looked real good agaist the run.

i think spriggs is going to be one of those good in the game, so-so in practice guys.

two guys i don't get why they have up on the depth charts right now are BRENT SMITH and ZACH KUSTOK.

SMITH seems to be struggling and KUSTOK hasn't looked good at all, in camp reports or the scrimage. kustok definately isn't outplaying levcik but as far as i know, still plays ahead of him.

:monkey: on liberal crybaby's!!

LT: Marcus Spriggs. LG: Jamie Nails. C: Tim Ruddy. RG: Leon Searcy. RT: Todd Wade.

Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
LT: Marcus Spriggs. LG: Jamie Nails. C: Tim Ruddy. RG: Leon Searcy. RT: Todd Wade.

I agree with that being the starting line as of right now..I'm not sure Searcy has really beat out Todd...Searcy is a little ding up himself..So I think a healthy Todd
is better right now..and as I earlier post Dixon, Smith and Searcy when healthy will be great later in the season when people start getting hurt..and I can't forget McKinney if something happens to Ruddy..Man we have two starting offensive lines...I love it..One is just on recovery right now.

Dixon is healthy enough to practice at LG, means he's healthy enough to practice at LT. Thats all I'm calling for...for Dixon to practice at LT so that he starts to get use to the position. The season is still a little over a month away, he'll have time to get healthier but for the moment if we're to seriously consider him for the LT position WHEN he's healthy, we have to get him into that position and use to it NOW even when he is NOT healthy. Otherwise when he gets healthy, our hands are tied. He's a backup because there's no chance of him being better right away than even the hobbled Smith and Spriggs.

But CK if Brent is also getting healthy,,he just not as healthy as Dixon right now..and Spriggs is more healthy than both Dixon and Brent...Why move Dixon if Spriggs can play the position,,especially everything that we've seen of Spriggs has been positive..Even yesterdays report points him out as doing a good job and looking better than Brent..and probaly better than Dixon right now.

Everything we've seen of Spriggs has not been positive. I completely disagree with that. He's been in general slower to come back from his injuries than even Brent Smith has. He's been held out of practice more and limited a whole lot more I know that. I've really only seen one or two reports that say they liked what they saw from Spriggs, and those could be just opinions. The coaches at the moment have every intention of starting Smith over Spriggs if the season were to start today. What does that tell ya? They're all walking wounded but while torn ACLs are something that players usually don't recover fully from until 2 years have passed, Dixon's injury should be fine by season start. So Dixon's injury prognosis is better than the both of them, he just has the technique disadvantage inasmuch as he hasn't played LT in years and will need lots of practice there before his natural talent advantages over Spriggs and Smith can take over.

Which is why he should be moved NOW to increase our chances of improving the level of play at the LT position. All I'm askin for is the coaches to increase the chance to get good LT play by having Dixon give a crack at it. Doesn't mean we'd be handing him the job

I was at The Pro last night as well.....

I can't really add anthing to the "Ozzy Report", he's got it all covered....

Great job Ozzy!!!.....

I agree with you about WR R. Baker, and I think he deserves to make this team. He's looked good every year during T.C. yet he never makes the team....I think this could finally be the year that he makes the team,and gets some real game time experience....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Tony Wise's description of Brent Smith's work couldn't be more opposite of the fans. His and Norv's take on Jay's arm make you wonder how much we really know.

True DNY, that should be kept in mind. But another possibility to keep in mind is that coaches in general won't start making bad comments about a player to the media until its their last resort to light a fire under a player's butt. In cases where they think the player is already trying his best just not cutting it, coaches will say only positive things about the player...even as they bench him and put someone else in.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Everything we've seen of Spriggs has not been positive. I completely disagree with that. He's been in general slower to come back from his injuries than even Brent Smith has. He's been held out of practice more and limited a whole lot more I know that. I've really only seen one or two reports that say they liked what they saw from Spriggs, and those could be just opinions. The coaches at the moment have every intention of starting Smith over Spriggs if the season were to start today. What does that tell ya? They're all walking wounded but while torn ACLs are something that players usually don't recover fully from until 2 years have passed, Dixon's injury should be fine by season start. So Dixon's injury prognosis is better than the both of them, he just has the technique disadvantage inasmuch as he hasn't played LT in years and will need lots of practice there before his natural talent advantages over Spriggs and Smith can take over.

Which is why he should be moved NOW to increase our chances of improving the level of play at the LT position. All I'm askin for is the coaches to increase the chance to get good LT play by having Dixon give a crack at it. Doesn't mean we'd be handing him the job
And I still say that Spriggs is further along..Like you I can only go on reports and haven't seen him myself..but true early on in camp the reports weren't that good...but for the past week and a half..it seem as though he making a break though faster than Brent and Mark...even Mark says he has a long ways to go..he knows he not no where near where he should be..and as you say his injury wasn't as severe, but it seem like Spriggs is further along at this stage..In my earlier post I stated that since we have some time before the season starts that the coaches aren't changing anything in hopes that one of the players will be ready..Brent was pegged as the starting LT from the beginning..You can say the same of Dixon..even though right now it appears that Nails is doing a better job. the coaches have Dixon pencil in as the starter..Wanny is loyal, what can I say..

I don't know CK. I understand where you're coming from but then the coach just doesn't have to say anything or keep his comments nuetral or even just a bit positive. Why would he say the guys doing "great" if by their own timetable have said that they will have the O-line pretty much ironed out by this weekend. I mean he could have said any number of things including Smith is doing OK, good considering he's coming back from a knee injury, as well as expected, he's got to pick it up, he's in a battle for the starters spot etc... Maybe they realize that Spriggs or Dixon aren't, physically, going to be able to challenge him.

Also Dixon isn't healthy enough to practice full time.

Hey OZZY, WQAM should hire you as a special TC reporter.....

You are doing a better job than the "Big-O" and he gets paid by WQAM.

BTW, what High School did you graduate from in Miami???

I graduated from Miami Jackson High in '92.

"24th St. PLAYERS"

Back
Top Bottom