Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared"....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared".......

FINMAN1

Active Roster
Reaction score
For the blitzes and twists (stunts) that the Vikings defense kept throwing at us.
The question is...….WHY?
Why weren't they prepared, AND why weren't adjustments made?
Gase just say's "we didn't block".
Again, WHY?
I think the answer is Coaching.

Maybe next time, instead of asking for an extra day off after a win that has now officially become meaningless, they should practice and study for the next opponent, especially since it was going to be a difficult road game against one of the best defensive teams in the league and lots of people were expecting them to lay an egg based on previous performance in such scenarios.

Gase and Burke get so much heat but it's not always there fault, our players don't seem to be a physical group at all, in the trenches or at the skill positions. If you want to get rid of the HC that's OK, but you also better look at the product on the field.

Gase and Burke get so much heat but it's not always there fault, our players don't seem to be a physical group at all, in the trenches or at the skill positions. If you want to get rid of the HC that's OK, but you also better look at the product on the field.

I agree. Some of the OL players are either dumb or weak or maybe both. How is it possible to look that bad against the blitz so many times this year? I mean seriously, yesterday was a complete disaster on the OL. It can't be all coaching, I refuse to believe Gase is that inept. Larsen and Davis have been terrible in pass pro lately and yesterday James was awful as well. Tunsil was also uncharacteristically bad, but he has been solid all year, can't blame him too much for one bad game. I think it's on the players more than anyone else.

Talent. Gase is onto something with playmakers, but he needs to bring balance this off season. Overall, they’re lacking talent to sustain drives. O line is the biggest problem. Always has been with RT...but they don’t deserve credit for all those sacks. RT could have thrown at least half of them away.

The biggest issue is with talent though. Right now they can only rely on big plays because they don’t have players who can grind out the game. Players who can move the chains by picking up 4-5 yards per play. Once they have those players then they can call more plays like that. Everything is either a homerun or nothing. Part of that is on Gase and playcalling, but Part of that is on the players. Amendola was brought in to be that guy but he’s not making those plays. If Gase can win 1 of these 2 games and finish 500 then he should get 1 more season to round out this roster. Lots of injuries gives him an excuse, but the philosophy of bringing in FA has to change. No more players with injury histories or over 28. The over 28 guy has to make sense from a leadership/hometown hero standpoint like Gore. But not expected to start. They’re over paying them while thinking they’re going to get good value when they resurrect their career or get them to play a full season (Quinn, Sutton, Kilgore).

I agree. Some of the OL players are either dumb or weak or maybe both. How is it possible to look that bad against the blitz so many times this year? I mean seriously, yesterday was a complete disaster on the OL. It can't be all coaching, I refuse to believe Gase is that inept. Larsen and Davis have been terrible in pass pro lately and yesterday James was awful as well. Tunsil was also uncharacteristically bad, but he has been solid all year, can't blame him too much for one bad game. I think it's on the players more than anyone else.
Agreed, we have to rebuild this team with young aggressive play makers......what I can't understand is how some teams are able to move up and down the draft plucking players at will all the while rebuilding relatively quickly, at the same time I am seeing post after post talking about FAs for next year or how much money we have to spend on older expensive cast offs from other team. Why can't the Dolphins manipulate the draft for their benefit like Oakland is about to do, or the way Dallas did it back with JJ, or even the way the Dolphins did it when JJ came here?

Who do you think puts the product on the field??? God lol

Talent. Gase is onto something with playmakers, but he needs to bring balance this off season. Overall, they’re lacking talent to sustain drives. O line is the biggest problem. Always has been with RT...but they don’t deserve credit for all those sacks. RT could have thrown at least half of them away.

The biggest issue is with talent though. Right now they can only rely on big plays because they don’t have players who can grind out the game. Players who can move the chains by picking up 4-5 yards per play. Once they have those players then they can call more plays like that. Everything is either a homerun or nothing. Part of that is on Gase and playcalling, but Part of that is on the players. Amendola was brought in to be that guy but he’s not making those plays. If Gase can win 1 of these 2 games and finish 500 then he should get 1 more season to round out this roster. Lots of injuries gives him an excuse, but the philosophy of bringing in FA has to change. No more players with injury histories or over 28. The over 28 guy has to make sense from a leadership/hometown hero standpoint like Gore. But not expected to start. They’re over paying them while thinking they’re going to get good value when they resurrect their career or get them to play a full season (Quinn, Sutton, Kilgore).

In free agency if you get a guy who is good and under 28 you overpay for his services massively. They instantly become the highest paid at their positions. The only way to get bargains in free agency is to get guys that have been injured, are over 30 or have some character issues. you cant build your roster through free agency by only going after guys under 28. 6 players will eat the entire salary cap

I've never seen a coach sitting on the bench while his defense is out on the field. It's apparent that his head isn't into defense at all. That defense out there, getting abused by the way, is his job. He's laid it all on Burke and it's clear he is not qualified to be a DC. Gase thinks the answer is Tannehill. If he doesn't come off that point of view he should be fired for that reason alone.

Zone blocking is HEAVILY scheme dependent and struggles with adversity, such as stunts and blitzes.

It also doesn't help that our interior is substandard and our RBs and TEs have no idea how to pick up a blitz or even throw a proper block for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom