Tush push thoughts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tush push thoughts

That's all you need to do, dont need a QB. Philly doesnt try to play action out of it. Everyone knows its coming and cant stop it.

Dont use a QB, just direct snap to your fullback.

****, id throw in extra oline as well.
I’m surprised teams haven’t started just bringing in a big back and do it. Just my opinion that aiding a runner by pushing him into the mass is a good way to get him hurt and isn’t really a football play. I have no idea why the NFL decided to allow it.

I’m surprised teams haven’t started just bringing in a big back and do it. Just my opinion that aiding a runner by pushing him into the mass is a good way to get him hurt and isn’t really a football play. I have no idea why the NFL decided to allow it.
I just dont see how you stop it without having Dlinemen laying on the ground presnap.

Is there another QB in the league who squats 600lbs other than Hurts? That’s clearly one reason it works so well for Philly.

But I dislike it too. Once it becomes a safety issue, something like a QB’s cleat getting stuck while being pushed resulting in a knee bending in the wrong direction, the NFL will ban it. The rules committee reviewed it this year and decided to leave it alone for now, so it will likely take something drastic for them to change it next year.

I was just thinking the other day how the Eagles could do the tush push on every play against us and average 4 YPC. I’d love to teach Wilkins how to take a snap and line him up under center in the tush push.

I think Richard Sherman had the best argument against the play, saying something to the effect of “due to player safety, a defender is not allowed to push another defender into the offensive line. So why is an offensive player allowed to push another offensive player into the defensive line? Does player safety not matter if it benefits the offense?”

I think it’s garbage and the main reason why I rooted so heavily for the Chiefs in the SB. The Eagles do that **** routinely, almost every time they need a yard or less. It’s really annoying to watch.

I fear for Jalen Hurts getting sandwiched between his blockers and the DL one day.

The Eagles could run this BS play 99% of the time against us and win. Probably get 6 yards every time.

Surprised we haven't seen more fakes off of it. A third and one that pulls back from the push can absolutely find someone open.

Clearly it's not working for the rest of the league, three teams failed at it last weekend and the Giants lost two players doing it. Yeah it's a copycat league but you still got to have the right players

Be ready for a lot of it when Miami plays Philly. Miami's overrated D-line will get pushed by them easily. Only way to stop it is to get Philly behind the sticks and make Hurts pass more than he would like.

Clearly it's not working for the rest of the league, three teams failed at it last weekend and the Giants lost two players doing it. Yeah it's a copycat league but you still got to have the right players

Not many teams have the power that Philly has. Hurts has probably the highest squat of any QB in the NFL. Then factor in that they have a real NFL center. Just imagine if Miami tried this with Tua behind Eich…it wouldn’t be pretty.

Not many teams have the power that Philly has. Hurts has probably the highest squat of any QB in the NFL. Then factor in that they have a real NFL center. Just imagine if Miami tried this with Tua behind Eich…it wouldn’t be pretty.
What is a high squat?

Back
Top Bottom