Tush push thoughts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tush push thoughts

Not many teams have the power that Philly has. Hurts has probably the highest squat of any QB in the NFL. Then factor in that they have a real NFL center. Just imagine if Miami tried this with Tua behind Eich…it wouldn’t be pretty.
You'd have to be insane to run plays behind Eichenberg. I don't even like having him snapping. He's the reason Armstead got hurt because he got beat so bad.

Everyone should be doing it.

No can defend. If do properly.

dec659fd-1ead-425e-a9c7-d25302a13d06_text.gif

You all know, if we were doing it, it would be banned.
I agree if you have the beefy QB to do it with.

That said, in my opinion it is one emergency ruling away from being illegal. Once Hurts gets a concussion or sholder injury, boom. Illegal the next week.

I agree if you have the beefy QB to do it with.

That said, in my opinion it is one emergency ruling away from being illegal. Once Hurts gets a concussion or sholder injury, boom. Illegal the next week.
QB doesnt even need to be on the field.

We certainly couldn’t stop it last night. You’d think you at least come close one time. They just shoved us out of the way.

I would rather see this unsightly play removed from the league -- just disallow any pushing to aid forward progress / spot where the initial push happened. Player safety is a fine reason.

Having said that I'm surprised Philly does not abuse it far more. Their coach said, it basically makes it 1st and 9 for them....but they could just run this a few times in a row whenever they get inside 2 & 4 or 3 & 3. They only do it on 4th down. I was thinking that on their final TD drive when they got to the 3 I believe on 2nd down...no way we could've stopped them. *I do realize that analytically it probably hurts them to do this on 2 & 4 every time because it prevents them from taking advantage of down and distance to be aggressive.

As for other reasons -- think of all the rules changes NFL makes just because of marketability. The wide open passing game is because of this. Not only does this type of offense go directly against it, no way this can be considered exciting for competition / good TV.

Last edited:
I would rather see this unsightly play removed from the league -- just disallow any pushing to aid forward progress / spot where the initial push happened. Player safety is a fine reason.

Having said that I'm surprised Philly does not abuse it far more. They say, it basically makes it 1st and 9 for them....but they could just run this a few times in a row whenever they get 2 & 4 or 3 & 2 or less. They only do it on 4th down. I was thinking that on their final TD drive when they got to the 3 I believe on 2nd down...no way we could've stopped them.

As for other reasons -- think of all the rules changes NFL makes just because of marketability. The wide open passing game is because of this. No way this can be considered exciting for competition / good TV.
They still have to worry about 1,500 pounds of human mass sandwiching Jalen Hurts, their $250 million QB. It will bite them in the ass one day.

They still have to worry about 1,500 pounds of human mass sandwiching Jalen Hurts, their $250 million QB. It will bite them in the ass one day.
Like others have said they don't need him in there. Get a FB that squats more than Hurts in there.

Back
Top Bottom