Two Dates of Note | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Dates of Note

Basically we're in the no-info period. Tapping up is continuing at it's usual torrid pace, tampering is still taking place, but we're only going to here select bits of information once it becomes open season. Until then, we'll have to content ourselves with scuttlebut and conjecture about the tons of conflicting viewpoints on these Draft prospects in the absence of a Combine.

Just when I thought I could not feel worse!

Vikings is done. The Expense is done for the season, all good shows are done. This is killing me.
You guys bettet watch out. I will pick on every words you say....lol

And all this time I thought you couldn't read.

I see I was wrong. What you can't do is spell (bettet). - LOL

Just when I thought I could not feel worse!
Hahaha, well on the bright side the drama of NOT having a combine surely means that the talking heads who do not know how to scout will slowly be leaked vital scouting information and radically change their 'opinions' of who is a good prospect and who is not. The personnel offices around the league have a pretty solid consensus on most of these people, but with less information, more will be kept close to the vest. As we start to realize the pecking order and team preferences start to become clear, those scouts will let the talking heads in on some of that info. So, one day player X will be the clear cut best guy ... and two weeks later he's ranked fourth at the position without any real explanation.

The talking heads will say stuff like, "since I've really looked at player Y I've been blown away, and that's why he has risen to top in his category' ... despite the fact that most of those talking heads never even looked at a single clip. They just got told how they were wrong about player X and they should be looking at player Y because of yadda yadda yadda. So think of it like shooting skeet. A scout releases a nugget of true analysis, and it's like a skeet puck, the scout says "PULL!" and all the reporters compete to change their opinion fast enough to shoot the skeet first! LOL, maybe we should make a bingo out of it with the Dolphins reporters?

Hahaha, well on the bright side the drama of NOT having a combine surely means that the talking heads who do not know how to scout will slowly be leaked vital scouting information and radically change their 'opinions' of who is a good prospect and who is not. The personnel offices around the league have a pretty solid consensus on most of these people, but with less information, more will be kept close to the vest. As we start to realize the pecking order and team preferences start to become clear, those scouts will let the talking heads in on some of that info. So, one day player X will be the clear cut best guy ... and two weeks later he's ranked fourth at the position without any real explanation.

The talking heads will say stuff like, "since I've really looked at player Y I've been blown away, and that's why he has risen to top in his category' ... despite the fact that most of those talking heads never even looked at a single clip. They just got told how they were wrong about player X and they should be looking at player Y because of yadda yadda yadda. So think of it like shooting skeet. A scout releases a nugget of true analysis, and it's like a skeet puck, the scout says "PULL!" and all the reporters compete to change their opinion fast enough to shoot the skeet first! LOL, maybe we should make a bingo out of it with the Dolphins reporters?

Have you worked for ESPN Sports? - LOL

Hit @13marino13 up. He's spoken of wanting to go fishing and lives in PA

He doesn’t go opening day. He lets people like me catch the stupid fish so he can go catch the bigger, smarter ones a week later.

@Finfan83nj as well and he's not far away in NJ

While parts of NJ are beautiful if I’m ever freshwater fishing there someone should punch me. You know I live for that saltwater.

Trout fishing helps occupy my mind leading up to the draft.

Last edited:
He doesn’t go opening day. He lets people like me catch the stupid fish so he can go catch the bigger, smarter ones a week later.

While parts of NJ are beautiful if I’m ever freshwater fishing there someone should punch me. You know I live for that saltwater.

Trout fishing helps occupy my mind leading up to the draft.

I'm off shore all the way bro

bestdayever.jpg

Last edited:
This is ground control to Major Panda...this thread has me feeling spaced out.

For heeeeere are am I sitting on a forum...farrrrr above the Earth

Back
Top Bottom