TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO)

Guys, just relax. Saban's not gonna pay an arm and a leg for Law unless he gets him cheap. You guys are worrying for nothing. Saban's a smart man...look what he's done since he's gotten here.

It's not like Detroit has a ton of cap room either.

Maybe the market for Law's services will be low, and as a result, he'll agree to a one year deal to prove to everyone he's healthy and ready for a big time contract next year.

In that scenario, we could get him. We need to save enough to land Traylor so it will be interesting to see what Detroit does.

Dolfan1000 said:
Come on now- you are just wearing your Aqua and Orange glasses. We have not improved. We are rebuilding. Why spend money on a top 5 corner when we can save 5 million dollars and sign TBuck.

:shakeno:
I'll say it again. Injuries were our greatest issue last year. Few teams in NFL history could have overcome all those losses. This team averaged winning 10 or more games every year up to last year, the injury filled season. We have replaced Ricky, improved our coaching staff, and we're healthy. I also love the additions of Roth and Carter at DE. Add Law at CB and Traylor in the DT rotation and we'll win 10 games.

patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: will take alot more than a gimpy law, and traylor to do that to us....

ive said it before ill say it again, the pats are loaded and ready for another sb run.... and pats and phins will split again no doubt....

Predicting a split with a team that only won 4 games last season? Where's your confidence in those loaded Pats?
:cooldude:

FaninPatsyLand said:
Gimme a break, take off the Aqua and Orange glasses..

Did you watch this team play last year?? I personally believe Saban is going to be an excellent coach in this league, but it's gonna take him more than one year to right all the wrongs of the Wannstedt era.

Take off your black and white glasses. ANY team can contend (or go to the toilet) in the parity of the NFL. Look at the Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Bucs... Superbowl and then next year in the toilet. We most have certainly have the talent to be able to at least contend to make the playoffs. I am sure Charger fans werent expecting much from their team after the horrendus season they had. In fact I am sure they asked the same exact question, "Did you watch this team play last year??". Well they ended up having one of the best records and almost went all the way. Our team was a victim of poor coaching (especially from the O-line). We had a vanilla defense and crappy offense. It was not that we lacked the talent (QB is debatable).

It is all a matter of learning the new system this offseason. We may not go all the way, but making the playoffs is not totally out of the question.

patsdynasty said:
i dont see a team that can beat us at the razor....
only 2 i think that will be somewhat tough will be jets and colts....
but we own manning and the jets at that point will prob have jay as their starter....
:hmmm:
Let's see,,, t-c's open in June and YOU are predicting the patsies will be undefeated at home this season... :roflmao:
You better take a reality check bud,, YOUR team has lost it's offensive and defensive coordinators....
If you think that belichick is the one and ONLY reason for those s-b trophies and that he can just take over the offense and continue to be successful you are very delusional!!!
:shakeno:

Marino1983

If he doesn't ask for a ridiculous amount of money and we get him, that would be a GREAT pickup. I just really find it hard to believe that, that'll happen.

Law would be a definite addition to our backfield and I'm sure he could be switched to FS eventually if need be. He's got the ability to play there. I hope Howard is cute after June 1st, we still sign Traylor, we cut Zgonina, and we cut David Bowens.

patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: will take alot more than a gimpy law, and traylor to do that to us....
Yeah that would cover everyone on the team alright.. :lol:

ive said it before ill say it again, the pats are loaded and ready for another sb run.... and pats and phins will split again no doubt....
YOU actually think that losing 2 coordinators will not affect the patsies this season???
I can honestly say that I respect the pats and all the accomplishments that belichick has helped bring to the organization but the offense was a product of C Weis schemes and his rather effective play-calling...
He is gone and if YOU think that belichick will be able to even come close to Weis in schemes and play-calling and what he ment to the offense, you are in a fantasy land!!!!
:www:

Marino1983

Its drvied me crazy waiting to see what will happen about Law. We have already gone through alot of waiting with alot of people during this offseason.

I thought I was all ready pumped for this season, but if we get Ty Law I just may explode! :D

We already have way too much of our salary cap tied up in our defense. We will not be signing Ty Law. No way are we going to spend multi millions on a 31 year old corner, who at this point in his rehab, can't run.

He just passed his physical and yes he can run.

Phinsdude said:
Yes, Ty Law in Miami would make us a little more secure. It would probably mean the end for Howard, due to money reasons, though we would have to eat the 4.5 million dollar bonus. I think Daniels and Edwards would be great Nickel and Dime, and we sign someone else to minimum. Or we keep Howard and have our corners take up a lot of salary cap.

Wait, I don't get this idea....why would we cut Howard after signing Law..the reason for signing Law in the first place is due to losing Poole ? I see Howard playing the nickel again or possible moving Howard outside and Madison/Law inside to play the slot in the nickel...

Back
Top Bottom