TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO)

Ty Law is in a real state right now. He cannot get a huge signing bonus because the CBA only has five years left on it, therefore any signing bonus can only be prorated out for a period up but not past the end of the current CBA. The same thing is true for the rookies. The contract can run past the CBA but not the proration of signing bonus monies. Law would not cost 8 mil aginst the cap this season (surt was going to). I also do not think miami would be looking this close at Law if Poole had not gotten hurt.

yo i think this is bogus. the guy cant even run yet so how can he pass a physical? he was only down here to meet with saba and the rest of the front office. anyway, why would san diego say this and not anybody in miami?

If we don't get our man in Law (sounds kinda strange), we should spend that money on Lance Schulters, making sure we get Keith Traylor, and David Boston. Those three would definitely make sure we're ready for this season. I don't see T- Buck as even being that useful anymore.

Dolphin1184 said:
Take off your black and white glasses. ANY team can contend (or go to the toilet) in the parity of the NFL. Look at the Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Bucs... Superbowl and then next year in the toilet. We most have certainly have the talent to be able to at least contend to make the playoffs. I am sure Charger fans werent expecting much from their team after the horrendus season they had. In fact I am sure they asked the same exact question, "Did you watch this team play last year??". Well they ended up having one of the best records and almost went all the way. Our team was a victim of poor coaching (especially from the O-line). We had a vanilla defense and crappy offense. It was not that we lacked the talent (QB is debatable).

It is all a matter of learning the new system this offseason. We may not go all the way, but making the playoffs is not totally out of the question.

:roflmao:

The Chargers almost went all the way??? :lol:

You can't be serious, unless you think going all the way is not getting out of wildcard weekend.. if that's the case, we've gone all the way a couple of times in the last few years. Jacksonville (Marino's last game) and Oakland (after beating Indy with Lamar Smith's great game).

Oh by the way, going to the playoffs and being a legitimate Super Bowl contender are two completely different things.

Nice try though.

..black and white glasses?? :hmmm:

i thought the player takes his physical after he signs or agrees to a contract.

Probably the best way to sign Ty Law would be a three year deal with an option for two years. Expect Law to go from an excellent to a very good to a good starter at CB the next 3 years. If we like him enough we can agree to the two 2 year option for him at FS. If not then we just had a damn good corner without paying him a 6 year deal like the Panthers, Cowboys, and Vikings did for their overrated #2 CBs. Law can be a #1 CB still.

Jaj said:
Law can be a #1 CB still.

I'm not saying your wrong, but how do you know that??

See this is where the information becomes hazy.. no one knows what this guy can and can't do at game speed. There's no guarentee that he'll even be able to be effective after this injury.

The other option to Law would be basically extending McMicheal's contract earlier, Lance Schulters, and David Boston.

SQuinn17 said:
yo i think this is bogus. the guy cant even run yet so how can he pass a physical? he was only down here to meet with saba and the rest of the front office. anyway, why would san diego say this and not anybody in miami?

Oh ye of little faith. Now please post at least 10 apologies to me after its proven or I will PM you with profanities 2-3 times until you bow to submission!

J/K

It really was on the radio. I'm not teasing or needing any attention today.

Just for the give a rats butt, XTRA 570 is out of LA, not San Diego. So no to Law, if anything bring in T-Buck, and let Law find his big money some where else.

SQuinn17 said:

Yo DolphinMike is money when it comes to reliability.
If he said he heard it, believe it.

FaninPatsyLand said:
:roflmao:

The Chargers almost went all the way??? :lol:

You can't be serious, unless you think going all the way is not getting out of wildcard weekend.. if that's the case, we've gone all the way a couple of times in the last few years. Jacksonville (Marino's last game) and Oakland (after beating Indy with Lamar Smith's great game).

Oh by the way, going to the playoffs and being a legitimate Super Bowl contender are two completely different things.

Nice try though.

..black and white glasses?? :hmmm:

You love using the laughing smileys, don't you? My point has NOTHING to do with that minute errant detail of the Chargers "almost going all of the way". Nevertheless they had an amazing season compared to their previous year. The POINT IS that the previous year is irrelevent to how you are going to do the following year. The Chargers, Tampa Bay, Oakland, etc are examples I was trying to give while you laugh at something else.

I meant by the phrase "seeing the world in black and white". Just because our team lost last year doesnt mean we cant be some type of contender.

Dolphin1184 said:
You love using the laughing smileys, don't you? My point has NOTHING to do with that minute errant detail of the Chargers "almost going all of the way". Nevertheless they had an amazing season compared to their previous year. The POINT IS that the previous year is irrelevent to how you are going to do the following year. The Chargers, Tampa Bay, Oakland, etc are examples I was trying to give while you laugh at something else.

I meant by the phrase "seeing the world in black and white". Just because our team lost last year doesnt mean we cant be some type of contender.

You are right, because of the parity in this league you can be terrible one season and be great the next season.. any given sunday.

However, this team has way too many holes to be a Super Bowl contender this year. If you don't agree then I respect your opinion, but I will not agree with it.

Also, where did I say that we wouldn't be a Playoff team?? I never did, so I'm not quite sure while your telling me to take off any type of glasses??

Den54 said:
Yo DolphinMike is money when it comes to reliability.
If he said he heard it, believe it.

I'll vouch for him, too. There are a lot of people who post BS rumors on this board, but he's legit.

Back
Top Bottom