Tye Hill in the 1st | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tye Hill in the 1st

Mainge said:
He's a good player, but probably a reach at that spot. If Antonio Cromartie is there, I'd love to take him.

And your gonna reach on Crom?...Neither of these guys are worth the 16th.

musphinzfan said:
And your gonna reach on Crom?...Neither of these guys are worth the 16th.

Cromartie healthy is well worth the 16 pick in the draft IMO.

Skeet84 said:
Cromartie healthy is well worth the 16 pick in the draft IMO.
Until Cromartie shows that he run a mid 4.3 as he did before his injury, he is too much of a risk at 16. I need to see if he's over his injury before I give him the high grade I had him at before the combine.

I'm staying away from Cromartie at 16...if he falls to the 2nd round then yes
Hill, the same thing, not at 16 but I'd think about it in the 2nd tho the guy I want in the 2nd is Richard Marshall of Freson ST.

Ozzy rules!!

Slim said:
I don't know much about this guy, but nfldraftcountdown has him going to us in the latest mock draft.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Anyone know what his stats were at the combines?
Also, insider has given him a 75 scout grade and say that he lacks bulk and size.

Would you guys be content with this as a first???
I dont really like him for our system. He is a great cover corner no doubt... but he would fit here near as well as guys like Jimmy Williams (Rd.1 if he plays CB), or Jason Allen(Rd.2), Cedric Griffen(Rd.2), and Antonio Cromartie(Rd.2)... I think it is a lock that Saban is going to grab one of these 4 guys...

They are an ideal fit for Saban's scheme. Big physical corners that are good against the run...

MIAdolphin89 said:
sam madison = 185 lbs...

ya... but Madison isnt a good fit for Saban's scheme either. Saban loves big physical corners... something Madison isnt...

I like him but only if M Lawson, C Greenway, W. Justice or any of the 2 top S prospect Huff, Williams (doubt it) is gone when we pick. I saw the senior bowl practice and game and he looked like a solid shutdown corner, yes he has issues with his height but speed and skills make up for it he is 5"9 and I believe he had a great vertical in the combine. There was one play in the senior bowl practice where he just did something phenomenal he actually undercut the reciever so that the qb had to throw the ball over but when the ball was in the air he accelerated and over took the reciever and intercepted it with one hand! If anyone that didnt like him saw that im sure that would change their mind. I wish i had a highlight of that so i can post it here but sorry i dont. But whoever drafts this kid will have a solid cb for years.

i'd rather take ko simpson or crom over tye hill. hes a good player, but ko simpson is a monster. even all those are still sorta reaches. i still like simpson though

FinNasty said:
I dont really like him for our system. He is a great cover corner no doubt... but he would fit here near as well as guys like Jimmy Williams (Rd.1 if he plays CB), or Jason Allen(Rd.2), Cedric Griffen(Rd.2), and Antonio Cromartie(Rd.2)... I think it is a lock that Saban is going to grab one of these 4 guys...

They are an ideal fit for Saban's scheme. Big physical corners that are good against the run...

Dude you forgot Jonathan Joseph of South Carolina. He is Super fast and has great ball skills! He is only 6 ft, But he is also a very very solid Tackler!

Skeet84 said:
Dude you forgot Jonathan Joseph of South Carolina. He is Super fast and has great ball skills! He is only 6 ft, But he is also a very very solid Tackler!
I dont know much about him... (I aint a draft guru or anything)

What is his size, weight, 40-time, vertical jump? Is he a safety or a corner?

When I did my post combine mock draft I had the Dolphins taking Hill at 16. Also NFLDraftcountdown.com has them taking Hill too.

FinNasty said:
I dont know much about him... (I aint a draft guru or anything)

What is his size, weight, 40-time, vertical jump? Is he a safety or a corner?
He ran a 4.31 40 at the combine...He's 5'11 193 pounds.
And he's a CB.

Phinsfan1980 said:
When I did my post combine mock draft I had the Dolphins taking Hill at 16. Also NFLDraftcountdown.com has them taking Hill too.

They only have us taking Hill because he is the best CB available at that spot and the secondary is our biggest need. However, they arnt even thinking about how the player would fit in the system because they probably dont even know about every team's systems in depth...

Back
Top Bottom