Tyler Thigpen Good As Gone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyler Thigpen Good As Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, but I don't think Thigpen will be traded. My guess is that Pat White is either moved (position-wise) or traded before the dump Thigpen, unless of course they can get something like a 3rd rounder for Tyler (or something of equivalent value). I just think that Thigpen fits the role they envisioned for Pat White when they traded for TT last year. As much as I like White, he still remains a veritable unknown quality in the NFL. If anything happened to Henne and/or Pennington, Thigpen has much greater ability as a starter at this point than White does.

I really believe that, barring an offer they can't refuse, the FO will not trade TT and will make some sort of attempt to get White to learn another position (especially now that he has a full season of experience under his belt and can perhaps now expand on his roles/duties). Just my two cents...
IMO I think it'll be diffucult to trade White.I mean what has he done? Pretty much nothing.At least Thigs has a track record of sorts with his time in KC.And I'd be ALL OVER the idea of getting SR for Thigs and a third or later pick.SR,I think,has alot of his best football yet to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we get a decent pick for him because we honestly do not need him on this team with both Henne and Pennington

A lot of speculation is that Thigpen is the guy out, but I think its entirely possible that the coaching staff saw the same thing in Pat White in that Pittsburgh game that most of the boarder's did. After all, they were there.

I don't think it would necessarily be one and done for White, but I really don't think they can convince themselves that a guy who does nothing but tuck the ball and run on designed passes (read Sparano's presser after that last game) and nearly got killed in the process is possibly not made for the position.

has anyone ever considered Chad P wont be ready by start of season to really play hard? That guy needs serious healing and rehab.

And on top of that, one of the hiccups on his contract said he was agreeing to be 3rd stringer for a while due to his injury.

has anyone ever considered Chad P wont be ready by start of season to really play hard? That guy needs serious healing and rehab.

And on top of that, one of the hiccups on his contract said he was agreeing to be 3rd stringer for a while due to his injury.

He has all year to heal behind Henne :p

If the depth chart is:

1. Henne
2. White
3. Pennigton

I sure hope Henne doesn't get hurt. The only points we'll be scoring then would be because of a Vontae Davis pick 6.

I hope we get a decent pick for him because we honestly do not need him on this team with both Henne and Pennington

Stupid post really. PENNINGTON's got about 2 years left as a QB, assuming he stays healthy. Then what?

THIGPEN has SHOWN SIP that he's a quality and experienced NFL QB, with v/g "tools", and who showed the ability to beautifully run the "spread" like SIP can only HOPE that WHITE will be able to do SOME DAY. In fact, he showed SIP that much in KC in 2008, AGAINST MIAMI, when, playing mostly out of the "spread", he carried a cruddy KC team on his back, and almost ruined our 2008 season. Remember that, do you???

So, WHITE looks like a big fat nothing as an NFL QB, and PENNINGTON has 2 years or so left in his career, assuming he can stay healthy. Trade THIGPEN? Yeah, RIGHT!

I think Thigpen gets moved as well. White has zero value, Thigpen could probably net you a fourth or fifth round pick depending on the suitor. Of course, if the Bills want him, you start the negotiations at a 2nd round pick. If they want him, make em' pay up.
I wanted to Thank your post but Thanks button is gone, so I'll just say I agree wholeheartedly.

I think Thigpen gets moved as well. White has zero value, Thigpen could probably net you a fourth or fifth round pick depending on the suitor. Of course, if the Bills want him, you start the negotiations at a 2nd round pick. If they want him, make em' pay up.
I agree...I'd ship him to Buffalo for a 3rd which could be a conditional 2nd if he becomes their starter

I think we need to keep Thigpen as a backup to Chad Henne.

If we need to let someone go, make it Pat White.

I like it. If they like Shaun Rogers. He has been known to be very lazy, maybe Soprano and Nolan can light a fire under him.

Lazy or not the guy is dominate and both the run and passing game, not to mention turns in a couple block FGs or Pats a yr. Thigpen is a QB that Holmgrem has on his radar and The Walrus always trades for a QB after taking over a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom