Tyreek Hill explains why he left Chiefs for Dolphins, says K.C. didn't utilize him, relationship 'fell apart' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek Hill explains why he left Chiefs for Dolphins, says K.C. didn't utilize him, relationship 'fell apart'

Yes, that is a red flag I would say. Anytime a receiver talks about not being utilized enough can cause giant problems. If the Oline does not give Tua time then this will be magnified in Miami. Do not want to see Hill, Waddle, Wilson, Gesicki etc. all competing for touches....Gesicki has not and he deserves more...Waddle got his share and then some andit will be hard to duplicate 159 for Hill....so lets hope this does not become an issue in Miami.

I havenā€™t read the story yet. But if the headline is accurate in summarizing what happened then thats worrying. Watching KC games itā€™s clear Hill was definitely a focal point of the offense.

I havenā€™t read the story yet. But if the headline is accurate in summarizing what happened then thats worrying. Watching KC games itā€™s clear Hill was definitely a focal point of the offense.
You can't really tell the media/fans you left for money. It's a bad look.

Hill was 7th in the NFL in targets (159). What the hell is he talking about when he says he's not getting utilized enough.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
That could be a concern. Hope he just wants the ball and isn't a selfish player.

That could be a concern. Hope he just wants the ball and isn't a selfish player.
The Chiefs didn't have to trade him either.

Something soured with the team.

Brings up the frightening thought what happens if the offense/Qb doesnā€™t meet Hills expectations? Does he become a problem child?

Brings up the frightening thought what happens if the offense/Qb doesnā€™t meet Hills expectations? Does he become a problem child?
Hopefully not before 5 years with us.

He's not known as a problem player from what I can recall.

"The diminished big-play capacity was a byproduct of defenses catering to the Chiefs' deep-passing offense by playing two-high safeties and forcing quarterback Patrick Mahomes to operate underneath. In the short term, the approach gave the Chiefs fits. Given the club's offseason moves, the long-term effect may have been a reprioritization of its offensive attack, which left Kansas City unwilling to meet Hill's contract wishes."

Edit: This reminds me of what McD has said about how you work with the run game to get the single high safety look. The Chiefs never ran the ball that much to force teams to bring the safety up.

Getting a contract that makes sense. And earning respect in the building. Maybe he wants to play running back too.

"The diminished big-play capacity was a byproduct of defenses catering to the Chiefs' deep-passing offense by playing two-high safeties and forcing quarterback Patrick Mahomes to operate underneath. In the short term, the approach gave the Chiefs fits. Given the club's offseason moves, the long-term effect may have been a reprioritization of its offensive attack, which left Kansas City unwilling to meet Hill's contract wishes."

Edit: This reminds me of what McD has said about how you work with the run game to get the single high safety look. The Chiefs never ran the ball that much to force teams to bring the safety up.

Absolutely spot on, the two deep safeties deployed made it extremely difficult for KC to be explosive deep and I remember Tampa in SB, first to do it SMH and Brady got the win.
Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

I donā€™t necessarily think this attitude is a problem. The dude is a competitor and takes pride in doing what it takes to be the best. He wanted that reflected in how he was utilized and compensated. I donā€™t ever remember drama coming out about him demanding the ball or being a locker room issue in KC, and you know the media would have blown up even the slightest bit of speculation about that. So to me this is a non issue. Heā€™s not talking trash about his former team or teammates, heā€™s saying why he felt it was time to move on. Heā€™s one of ours now. We donā€™t want him losing that edge that keeps him at the top of his game.

Back
Top Bottom