Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua" | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua"

Not really though. It's supposed to be but again, we are going into the season with a new head coach, scheme, and supporting coaches. If Tua doesn't do good, we are going to hear those three things as the excuse for him and that because of that, we will need another year of the same system to truly evaluate him. I have a feeling this is going to turn into another tannehill situation. 7 yrs later and we still don't know...

10,257. The number of times you have played your same broken record. Go to the Salvation Army and buy a new one for 10 cents each. If you need 10 cents, lmk. I can send you a dime.

10,257. The number of times you have played your same broken record. Go to the Salvation Army and buy a new one for 10 cents each. If you need 10 cents, lmk. I can send you a dime.
I dont even remember what this comment came from. Your sensitive like a little girl. I. Not talking to you any more

They got records at the salvation army for 10 cents. I'm there!

Offseason is almost over fellas. We'll have fresh topics to debate soon with next week being first practices.

It will be the same topic until Tua either plays well or flops.

Vegas is clearly wagering on flop side....

It will be the same topic until Tua either plays well or flops.

Vegas is clearly wagering on flop side....
From just glancing at odds, They've got 3800 yards 25TDs and 12.5 INTs.

This is actually very close to Garoppolo's output last season, almost copy/paste really... 3810 yards, 20 TDs and 12 INTs.

The totals arent all that big because the Niners way likes to run alot and there's nothing that suggests McDaniel will steer away from that philosophy... That being said, Garoppolo has had a high INT% for all of his career and while Tua's % was high last year, it was much lower his rookie year. And While Tua has been dealing with really small windows in his first 2 seasons, Jimmy was getting much more separation from his receiving cast.

The TD line looks fine to me, but I'd bet the under on INTs comfortably.

From just glancing at odds, They've got 3800 yards 25TDs and 12.5 INTs.

This is actually very close to Garoppolo's output last season, almost copy/paste really... 3810 yards, 20 TDs and 12 INTs.

The totals arent all that big because the Niners way likes to run alot and there's nothing that suggests McDaniel will steer away from that philosophy... That being said, Garoppolo has had a high INT% for all of his career and while Tua's % was high last year, it was much lower his rookie year. And While Tua has been dealing with really small windows in his first 2 seasons, Jimmy was getting much more separation from his receiving cast.

The TD line looks fine to me, but I'd bet the under on INTs comfortably.
The number of INTs will depend on two issues.

One, Tua is in a new system so how fast will he get up to speed on it. Tua is very instinctual as a QB and he learns quickly. Dilfer called him a 1-rep guy and you saw that in his play where he often corrected mistakes even in the same game. But I don't think he's a great book learner. (I'd say he's the opposite of Tannehill in that regard). He needs the reps. I think he could work his azz off studying the playbook, but he won't fully get it all until he does it on the field.

Two, it's a new system for everybody. It uses a ton of sight adjustments so receivers and the QB have to make the same adjustments. Tua could make the perfect read and throw and it could be an INT b/c the receiver went the other way.

IMO Garopplo was a decent decision-maker, but I see Tua's ceiling as much higher in that area. However, starting the season, Jimmy G is a vet with several years in the system while Tua is a relatively inexperienced QB in a new system. It would be unreasonable to expect Tua to have the same command of the offense as Jimmy G to start the season. But I see Tua as a fast learner. I expect that the Tua we see at the end of the season will be far better than the one we see over the first half of the season.

One, Tua is in a new system so how fast will he get up to speed on it. Tua is very instinctual as a QB and he learns quickly. Dilfer called him a 1-rep guy and you saw that in his play where he often corrected mistakes even in the same game. But I don't think he's a great book learner. (I'd say he's the opposite of Tannehill in that regard). He needs the reps. I think he could work his azz off studying the playbook, but he won't fully get it all until he does it on the field.

Two, it's a new system for everybody. It uses a ton of sight adjustments so receivers and the QB have to make the same adjustments. Tua could make the perfect read and throw and it could be an INT b/c the receiver went the other way.

IMO Garopplo was a decent decision-maker, but I see Tua's ceiling as much higher in that area. However, starting the season, Jimmy G is a vet with several years in the system while Tua is a relatively inexperienced QB in a new system. It would be unreasonable to expect Tua to have the same command of the offense as Jimmy G to start the season. But I see Tua as a fast learner. I expect that the Tua we see at the end of the season will be far better than the one we see over the first half of the season.
I think your thought process is fair here, but Im not sure I agree with it. As a rookie with limited reps as a result of coming back from the injury, Tua threw his 1st INT in his 6th start. Before the final game vs Buffalo, he was 10TDS to 2 INTs. Hell Tua threw for 11 INTs his entire college career, he's simply not known to be a guy that cant take care of the ball. He hasnt been bad at it in the NFL at this point despite playing on horrible offenses around him and having different coordinators in both years... The supporting cast alone this season has got me comfy that INTs will not be a problem for this offense in 22.

Great point. It takes alot for the TEAM to adjust to. Not just the Qb, or the WRs, heck even the blocking from a RB can be off even if the rest of the team was executing. Itll take time.

Great point. It takes alot for the TEAM to adjust to. Not just the Qb, or the WRs, heck even the blocking from a RB can be off even if the rest of the team was executing. Itll take time.
True, but by the same token there are no tendencies for an opponent to look for. There is no film to break down. There is no history of game plans employed.

If we go out with solid game plans that attack opponents' weaknesses, play assignment sound football using players to their strengths and limit turnovers there is no reason we can't be playing winning football early in the year.

It is often said that defenses are ahead of offenses early regardless. Our defense, assuming Boyer is the real deal, should be playing very well out of the gate.

Back
Top Bottom