UDFA Pick ups | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UDFA Pick ups

Current UDFA List from the Phinsider

Current UDFA Pickups

http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/5/2/8537425/miami-dolphins-udfa-nfl-draft-signings-live-tracker

the NFL Draft ends, with 256 players being added to the NFL through the selection process, the night is just beginning. As strange as it sounds, the end of the Draft just means team front offices are getting busier. Welcome to Undrafted Free Agent (UDFA) signing period.

Throughout the night, rumors, speculation, and reported signings are going to be running rampant.

And, there are going to be strange things happening. Players will agree to terms with teams, be heading to the club to sign the contract, only to have another team come in and offer more money. It seems to happen every year that a player is confirmed to be joining a team, only to end up on another roster somewhere else.

We will keep up with all of the rumors below, and will mark signings as confirmed by the team when they happen (usually in the next day or so).

One fun fact for UDFAs is that teams can only offer $86,857 in signing bonuses to the players - total. Not per player. (via former agent Joel Corry)

As crazy as the Draft has been at times, tonight will be even more insane. We will try to make sense of all of it.

Update (6:53pm ET - 5/2/15): No Dolphins related signings have been rumored/reported yet - but hopefully you got to see the Kentucky Derby. Really good race, and a great finish. Now back to football.

Update (6:55pm ET - 5/2/15): Not Dolphins related, but a good story worth mentioning. Nate Boyer, the 34-year old Texas long snapper, who served with the US Army Special Forces, will be joining the Seattle Seahawks.

UPDATE (7:04pm ET - 5/2/15):

Mickey Baucus, LT, Arizona:

Matt Darr, punter, Tennessee:

UPDATE (7:09pm ET - 5/2/15):

Zach Vigil, LB, Utah State:

Mike Hull, LB, Penn State:

Jeff Luc, LB, Cincinnati

UPDATE (7:15pm ET - 5/2/15):

Andrew Franks, K, RPI

UPDATE (7:20pm ET - 5/2/15):

Nigel King, WR, Kansas

UPDATE (7:25pm - 5/2/15):

Michael Liedtke, OL, Illinois State

UPDATE (7:30pm ET - 5/2/15):

Demarr Aultman, WR, Maine

Neville Hewitt, LB, Marshall

UPDATE (7:44pm ET - 5/2/15):

Ellis McCarthy, DT, UCLA

UPDATE (7:51pm ET - 5/2/15):

Lemar Durant, WF, Simon Fraser, has interest from the Dolphins.

UPDATE (7:58 - 5/2/15)

Kendall Montgomery, DL, Bowling Green

UPDATE (7:11pm ET - 5/2/15):

Dolphins inviting Northern Illinois' Tim Semisch for a tryout next week. Semisch is a 6' 7", 267 pound tight end.

UPDATE (7:21pm ET - 5/2/15):

Christion Jones, WR, Alabama

Small thephinsider.com.minimal

Nice got Luc and Mike Hull. Both Mikes people wanted us to draft

Christion Jones WR Alabama

I wouldn't expect him to make it if we got him for a returner, too inconsistent but that's just watching him every game. He can take it to the house but he can also muff an easy punt with wide open space.

Nice got Luc and Mike Hull. Both Mikes people wanted us to draft

We got 3 ILB people were talking about drafting, Vigil, Luc and Hull. I remember all 3 being talked about for us.

Omar does not like our 2nd round pick. He said AJ Francis and Johnson will be better than Phillips.

I still don't understand why Kelly or anyone else is so quick to call a player a bust or anoint them with greatness. It's as if it has nothing to do with the sport or the player, just some warped game so they can come back and later boast how correct they were. Forget the team and forget the player "Look at me I was right all along." Now Kelly will do everything he can to point out ever stumble that Phillips makes and down play any progress he makes.

Luc a short physical "man" with 3rd down limitations. so different from Perryman...

I don't see Gunter signed to anyone :ponder:

Bills have A LOT of guys I wanted. Like 6 of their UDFA.

I still don't understand why Kelly or anyone else is so quick to call a player a bust or anoint them with greatness. .
cuz he has a job in the pretend world. do I care what Fox News thinks about Baltimore?

It's funny, but how many would have been ecstatic if we had drafted Hull in round 4 and Luc or Vigil in round 5 thinking we had finally addressed our LB need. Drafting is not an exact science. One of these guys could end up being a starter in two years, or not. Same with the guys we selected in round 5. With that being said, I wouldn't mind a couple of the better UDFA CB's being signed.

It's funny, but how many would have been ecstatic if we had drafted Hull in round 4 and Luc or Vigil in round 5 thinking we had finally addressed our LB need. Drafting is not an exact science. One of these guys could end up being a starter in two years, or not. Same with the guys we selected in round 5. With that being said, I wouldn't mind a couple of the better UDFA CB's being signed.
that is wonder why Perryman is so much more a better prospect than Luc

WR Damarr Aultman could be a sleeper but I can't see him making this team unless we cut Matthews but this kid has big time return ability, I've seen a couple of his games.

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m-footbl/2015-16/releases/20150502549mal

Damarr Aultman WR
Height5' 11"
Weight202
40-yard Dash4.48
10-yard spit1.58
225 reps20
Vertical40.5"
Broad Jump10' 8"
20-yard shuttle3.94
3-cone6.65

I like his chances to make the team. We don't have a lot of players who are dynamic with the ball in their hands. Aultman definitely is. Think he can take over the return duties for Landry, and you can sprinkle him into the offense as an OW early in his career. The jump in competition level is the biggest thing. Matthews is looking expendable at this point. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom