UDFA Pick ups | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UDFA Pick ups

The LB from Marshall, Hewitt is a player. Glad to have him compete for a spot. Really nice UDFA LB group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just signed G Dionte Savage who played at Oklahoma. Huge man at 6'4 1/2" 347 pounds. We have brought some huge men in when you add DT Jordan Phillips and UDFA DT Ellis McCarthy who is 6'5" 337.

I'm so happy we signed the kicker from RPI. The college is 10 minutes down the road from me. Rooting for him

Hey Man, I grew up in Castleton, just south of Albany on other side of the Hudson...

Watched some film on Neville Hewitt nice pickup. All over the field making plays. He may need to add a few pounds on the next level though .....

Zach Vigil to the dolphins, according to his sister.

https://twitter.com/Maddi_Vigil/status/594635850828222465

Its official per the SL Tribune.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2469866-155/usu-football-vigil-larsen-suite-sign

This is the one local player (2nd best college in the State) I hoped that Phins would acquire. He was the replacement for Wagner (Seahawks) & reminds me of Zach Thomas.

Vigil, as I posted a few weeks ago, will need some seasoning and time on the PS... Truly he is a diamond in the rough.

Anyone know where Miles Dieffenbach OL from Penn State ended up? He was injured a while back, but that kid had some ability.

I still don't understand why Kelly or anyone else is so quick to call a player a bust or anoint them with greatness. It's as if it has nothing to do with the sport or the player, just some warped game so they can come back and later boast how correct they were. Forget the team and forget the player "Look at me I was right all along." Now Kelly will do everything he can to point out ever stumble that Phillips makes and down play any progress he makes.
Omar has unfortunately acquired Skip Bayless syndrome - SBS. This condition occurs when any new player emerges and Omar makes an instant decision with scant information, whether he loves or hates the said player. Having made this call, Omar will then find any opportunity to find evidence that his initial call is correct - because he has a magic eye in identifying talent that comes with a healthy ego and he is never wrong.
Being arrogant and controversial comes with SBS. The good news for Omar is that SBS can lead to great TV hosting opportunities, great ratings and massive income. The bad news is that it is incurable.
The reality is that Omar probably had not heard of most of these players until the Dolphins drafted them - but I have a hunch that he would never admit that.

Last edited by a moderator:
man those udfa lbs are studs. cant believe im this excited over udfas. Jeff luc could be a future starter. hull to. vigil gives me a larry izzo vibe

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellis McCarthy really stuck out in a good way for UCLA's defense.

Knew the team liked Vigil. Hull I think is underrated.

It's funny we signed Ellis McCarthy. I initially had him on my 25 favorite list in the Draft Forum. But then I decided that two lazy super talented big guys was one too many. McCarthy had even more issues than Jarvis Harrison. So I removed McCarthy and stuck with Harrison, while throwing in a kick returner named Kaelin Clay.

A.J. Francis is going to look tiny compared to the guys we have now. Since I despise Earl Mitchell I'll be rooting for McCarthy and Phillips to boom so we can phase out Mitchell and his wanderings.

j-off-her-doll summarized extremely well. There's definitely a change of philosophy in place, even though the local reporters won't pick up on it and the organization no doubt would be unwilling to concede it: There are too many high SPARQ types on the list for it to be a coincidence. Hickey a year ago was drafting guys who didn't threaten to qualify, low upside types like Tripp and Lynch. They may claim he's still in charge. I'd love to bet otherwise. Nobody shifts gears like that in 12 months. It's like a jockey running every race from the rear and suddenly changing to a front running obsession every time out of the gate.

I'll go out and say it: If the 2014 draft were held again in real time we wouldn't pick James and Landry. Those are low SPARQ types, regardless of how they fared or how popular they are. James wasn't actually low but many other options were much higher. This almost feels like finding out you were adopted. The players prior to spring 2015 were identified and chosen when a different gene hunting daddy was in charge. We didn't know about NFL DNA 12 months ago. I welcome it. Increased margin for error. If one or two talented big guys bomb out, you've got several more who didn't.

Awsi, Tripp was a SPARQ standout. Are you confusing him with someone else?

2014Draft_OLB.png

Just reading through the thread looks like we got some really promising UDFAs, especially at MLB. Think we have had an outstanding off season so far, obviously it will take more than an off season or two to recover from the Ireland years but stokes with how the FO are doing.

Back
Top Bottom