UFAs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFAs

"The Dolphins have 12 players scheduled to become unrestricted free agents next spring: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, RB Matt Breida, LB Kamu Grugier-Hill, C Ted Karras, P Matt Haack, LB Vince Biegel, LB Elandon Roberts, S Kavon Frazier, RB DeAndre Washington, WR Mack Hollins, T Julien Davenport and Davon Godchaux."

It might be a bit early to makes calls on some of these cats but how many keepers do we have here?
Davenport is doo doo, so you let him walk. Godchaux can be upgraded, so I’d let him walk and draft his replacement, Not sure about Frazier. The rest I would absolutely keep.

Davenport is doo doo, so you let him walk. Godchaux can be upgraded, so I’d let him walk and draft his replacement, Not sure about Frazier. The rest I would absolutely keep.
Although depends on what we do at running back. Definitely need some new blood in that running back room.

What about UFA's ftom other teams?

MLB - Lavonte David
S - Justin Simmons

Who is available that we could go after?

"The Dolphins have 12 players scheduled to become unrestricted free agents next spring: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, RB Matt Breida, LB Kamu Grugier-Hill, C Ted Karras, P Matt Haack, LB Vince Biegel, LB Elandon Roberts, S Kavon Frazier, RB DeAndre Washington, WR Mack Hollins, T Julien Davenport and Davon Godchaux."

It might be a bit early to makes calls on some of these cats but how many keepers do we have here?

i want Karras back, but I’m also drafting his replacement if it’s there.

get haack extension done. Hang on to hollins Get Davenport back for depth as well.

on friendly deals I’ll bring literally every single one of them back. System familiarity is real w/ a squad like this, you saw it in NE for years. Don’t over pay, but retain them if they aren’t gonna crash the market. We just brought em all in dirt cheap so we know the market value isn’t great

I think we are starting to show signs that we miss Godchaux.

that said I wouldn’t make any of these guys must resign. All relatively replaceable

I wasn't referring to money. There aren't enough roster spots. It's not like you can roster 70 guys.
This!

So many people forget about the rostering of players. They make the same mistake when they say things like... "I'd take 3 WRs in the draft".

You've got to see a way that all of your players will fit into the final puzzle. Oh, you can have a few that may or may not make the team, but you can't be so flush in one position that you lose good players... See: Baltimore Ravens, Zach Sieler.

Lets secure our punter. He is critical to getting the nose of the football right for extra points/fields goals. I'd give him top 25% for his position. Does a good job inside the 20.

Fitzmagic needs to go. Haven't heard much after his disappointing speech and I can't imagine he is "all in for Tua".

Godchaux probably values himself more than Miami does. Have him return on a 1 year prove it deal to compete.

Lets find a way to bring back E. Roberts, V. Biegel and Mack Hollins. It has to make financial sense.

This!

So many people forget about the rostering of players. They make the same mistake when they say things like... "I'd take 3 WRs in the draft".

You've got to see a way that all of your players will fit into the final puzzle. Oh, you can have a few that may or may not make the team, but you can't be so flush in one position that you lose good players... See: Baltimore Ravens, Zach Sieler.
Fans come in many layers of depth. Nothing at all wrong with that, but things that sound good to say, a lot of times aren't realistic on anything more than a superficial level.

Hell, we've had guys in our front office that didn't understand the ramifications of what they were doing.

C Ted Karras, P Matt Haack and Davon Godchaux are the priority IMO

This group is in the process of determining their value IMO
RB DeAndre Washington, WR Mack Hollins. Obviously some extra motivation for them to solidify their career in Miami.

LB Kamu Grugier-Hill and LB Elandon Roberts = role players that have value to the team – but nothing that demands plus side compensation. Should be fairly easy to get a deal done.

Totally unsure re perceived value – simply up to Grier + Flo if we seek additional contract = T Julien Davenport and S Kavon Frazier (noting that Flo had some positive words about Davenport’s off-season work/development)

The rest are all very questionable IMO. Vince Biegel’s Achilles really derailed his career. So hard to come back from…

No to Fitz. Let's draft a QB, and get that room squared away for the next 4-5 years to grow together during Tua/Flores superbowl window.
I would take the veteran QB who knows the system inside and out and led the team to 26.7 ppg than some rookie developmental project who may never be worthy of starting a game. Miami should be in a position to contend for the title if the trajectory the team is on continues.

Miami would never have won the Super Bowl in 72, let alone gone undefeated if they went with a rookie as backup instead of Strock. Signing Fitz is a no-brainer as Miami can stash a developmental project at QB on the practice squad if they choose to. Even if Fitz doesn’t want to come back they should target a vet as the backup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom