UFAs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFAs

Haack, Karras, Biegel, and maybe Fitz as a backup. Agree....I think Godchaux out values himself. Our Super Bowl run starts next year, Fitz will be a good insurance until we find a younger replacement.

Fans come in many layers of depth. Nothing at all wrong with that, but things that sound good to say, a lot of times aren't realistic on anything more than a superficial level.

Hell, we've had guys in our front office that didn't understand the ramifications of what they were doing.
Don't remind me... That Reshad Jones deal Ugh! Or the Suh 'deal'.

I would take the veteran QB who knows the system inside and out and led the team to 26.7 ppg than some rookie developmental project who may never be worthy of starting a game. Miami should be in a position to contend for the title if the trajectory the team is on continues.

Miami would never have won the Super Bowl in 72, let alone gone undefeated if they went with a rookie as backup instead of Strock. Signing Fitz is a no-brainer as Miami can stash a developmental project at QB on the practice squad if they choose to. Even if Fitz doesn’t want to come back they should target a vet as the backup.
You will not win a SB with Fitz. He is over the hill. That's the reality, and the reality of why he was replaced. So all that sounds good but does not check out.
The SB window for the next 4-years is Tua's, but it's also team's superbowl window, and the backup needs to be capable of that. And you get that backup in the draft at reasonable price.

You will not win a SB with Fitz. He is over the hill. That's the reality, and the reality of why he was replaced. So all that sounds good but does not check out.
The SB window for the next 4-years is Tua's, but it's also team's superbowl window, and the backup needs to be capable of that. And you get that backup in the draft at reasonable price.

I agree, your not winning a SB with Fitz, but he could win you 2-3 games on the way to the SB.

Between all our draft picks next year, and the skipped year/covid players returning, we'll be ditching many of those. But I'd try to keep Haack and Karras for a decent price.

I agree, your not winning a SB with Fitz, but he could win you 2-3 games on the way to the SB.
No, because in the meantime he will lose you a couple of games too with bad outings. He is not consistent with good games.
But more than that, we need a backup who can replace Tua if he goes down to injury for a year. We cannot waste a season just because Tua went down. We are still in superbowl window. The best way to do that is to groom a rookie; or if we get lucky to get an efficient QB like Mason Rudolph on second contract for reasonable price, but that is a matter of luck. There is no luck in selecting a QB in the draft. You target a player and know what you're getting.

I wasn't referring to money. There aren't enough roster spots. It's not like you can roster 70 guys.
How many news are you thinking we bring in ? I understand draft picks we will buy I doubt we change roster a lot of with free agency. I want to see karras back just to have same guys back. Roberts and hill can be top back ups or fringe starters.

they will bring hollins and hack back. Probably not beigel but I like him.
Who would you bring back ?

Unless they draft a center, I think Karras would be at the top of the list to resign. Godchaux if the price is right. Haack and Roberts would be next in line to be resigned IMO. I also would love to see Biegel brought back if he is fully recovered from his injury.

I don’t know if Fitzpatrick wants to continue playing as a backup QB after this season but it would be great if he returns as a mentor for Tua as well as the teams backup for at least one more season. Yet to return he would have to agree to return at a reduced salary because they can’t afford to pay their backup QB more than their starting QB.

Haack, Karras, Fitz, Roberts, Biegel and Hill should all get reasonable offers. Godchaux can probably get more elsewhere and be a better fit. Fitz would be welcome if he wants to come back. He could easily fill a similar role to the one Don Strock filled for Marino. And I would still draft another C to develop behind Karras.

I would look at resigning Haack, Roberts and Griger-Hill

I would try to replace Karras no issues with resigning him or moving on for him either.

The rest are expendable or non factors in my mind.

As for the QB??? I get the feeling that Fitz is done in the league and will retire, I just cant see him being a backup again. If I am wrong I would't have a problem resigning him but I would like to upgrade that position moving forward.

How many news are you thinking we bring in ? I understand draft picks we will buy I doubt we change roster a lot of with free agency. I want to see karras back just to have same guys back. Roberts and hill can be top back ups or fringe starters.

they will bring hollins and hack back. Probably not beigel but I like him.
Who would you bring back ?
Well, at least 6 draft picks probably make the roster. We have 8 picks at this time. If we only sign 3 low teir FAs, thats a total of 9 spots that have to be cleared out. Thats not even considering and UDFAs that might stick.

I understand we use the PS to manipulate players to some extent. I don't see that as impactful, though.

I would take the veteran QB who knows the system inside and out and led the team to 26.7 ppg than some rookie developmental project who may never be worthy of starting a game. Miami should be in a position to contend for the title if the trajectory the team is on continues.

Miami would never have won the Super Bowl in 72, let alone gone undefeated if they went with a rookie as backup instead of Strock. Signing Fitz is a no-brainer as Miami can stash a developmental project at QB on the practice squad if they choose to. Even if Fitz doesn’t want to come back they should target a vet as the backup.

I believe you meant Earl Morral not Don Strock

Back
Top Bottom