UFC 61: Bitter Rivals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFC 61: Bitter Rivals

shipwreck

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone already did this? It's Ortiz/Shamrock rematch, ive been watching the ufc series 3 and those 2 are the coaches, oh man do they hate each other
laughing-2.gif
laughing-2.gif
they were nearly kicking off in the gym in one of the episodes, hilarous. Here's the rest of the fightcards:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=195

the stuff in the gym was a "work" but yeah I do want to see them fight.

A small part of me is rooting for Shamrock, but there is also a small part of me that feels you might see Shamrock get the ever loving sh^% kicked out of him in that cage and die

I cant believe I gotta miss this... But hey watch me predict the fights ill get them both right... Tito gets the first with a tko/stoppage of the fight. And Arloviski gets the 2nd fight. :)

Tito should destroy Shamrock again. I used to like Shamrock until I saw that guy on the Ultimate Fighter - the guy seems more interested in himself (getting respect) than anything else. So, I'll be happy about what Ortiz will likely do with him.

Arlovski or Sylvia? who knows. The real heavyweight champ in MMA is Fedor Emilianenko and I really hope whoever wins this gets to fight that guy some day to settle it.

Ortiz and Arlovski is going to win but I just hope the Ortiz fight is a brutal one and either Ortiz gets like a bone broken or he just dummies Shamrocks face again so it looks like smashed up hamburg!

Been looking forward to this PPV for a long time. Tito and Andrei are my boys can can't wait to see them fight.

ckb2001 said:
Tito should destroy Shamrock again. I used to like Shamrock until I saw that guy on the Ultimate Fighter - the guy seems more interested in himself (getting respect) than anything else. So, I'll be happy about what Ortiz will likely do with him.

Totally agree...Ortiz will destroys Shamrock.....after i saw Rich Franklin take him out quickly i realized Shamrocks best days are in the rear view mirror.....He does not have the skills or endurance that Ortiz does.....:rolleyes:

just remember one thing. Ortiz won the first fight. The BIG $$$$$$$$$$ fight for all involved is the 3rd fight.

Which means Shamrock must win this Saturday. And Ortiz with a "knee injury" has a built in excuse if he loses.

Im not saying this stuff is fixed, but the BIG $$$$$$$$$$$ is in the 3rd fight, not the 2nd fight!

MikeO said:
just remember one thing. Ortiz won the first fight. The BIG $$$$$$$$$$ fight for all involved is the 3rd fight.

Which means Shamrock must win this Saturday. And Ortiz with a "knee injury" has a built in excuse if he loses.

Im not saying this stuff is fixed, but the BIG $$$$$$$$$$$ is in the 3rd fight, not the 2nd fight!

You raise good points but I think Ortiz already recieved a big pay cheque for being the coach in the series also his pride and determination on getting back up in the ranks so he can get a title match is more important to him I think!

wazzy said:
You raise good points but I think Ortiz already recieved a big pay cheque for being the coach in the series also his pride and determination on getting back up in the ranks so he can get a title match is more important to him I think!

Both of these guys had jobs in professional wrestling at some point in their respective careers. For either taking a dive to set up the big money match down the road.........not that far fetched.

That's all I'm saying.

MikeO said:
Both of these guys had jobs in professional wrestling at some point in their respective careers. For either taking a dive to set up the big money match down the road.........not that far fetched.

That's all I'm saying.

I understand that but I think all the hype around this match is for Ortiz to look great again when he smashes Shamrock which sets up another match which would eventually lead to a match for the title! There really trying to hype Ortiz because he is a name and I feel he lost his last match but they gave hime the victory because there trying to hype him up!

MikeO said:

That's all I'm saying.

Well, let's start such theories after we see even one fight that looks like it is fixed. Neither in PRIDE nor in UFC can I think of a case where it looks like the fight was fixed.

Still can't see why they don't merge PRIDE and UFC.

shipwreck said:
Totally agree...Ortiz will destroys Shamrock.....after i saw Rich Franklin take him out quickly i realized Shamrocks best days are in the rear view mirror.....He does not have the skills or endurance that Ortiz does.....:rolleyes:

Shamrock's best days were over many many years before that fight with Franklin. I think maybe you said what you said because that Franklin fight was part of the first UFC show on cable. But, he has less than a 50% record for the last few years.

The guy just has too much pride to quit (speaking of which he lost twice to Sakuraba in PRIDE recently).

His brother, Frank Shamrock.. now that guy was VERY good, unlike Ken.

Arlovski vs Silvia
I see Arlovski winning, but you never know when a random shin or punch will come and upset the fight, which Silva's pretty well known for. To me Silvia looks like a clumsy gimp in the ring. His movement seems almost unnatural, he looks bow legged, and all I can think of are chickenwings when the guy throws a punch. That being said He's HUGE and can really do some dammage so who knows. He's too big to be taken to the ground, so we'll see this sat. who's stand up is best.

Back
Top Bottom