UFC 61: Bitter Rivals | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFC 61: Bitter Rivals

I know what you mean Stacks, De La Hoya does the highest PPV numbers but what I was really trying to say is that the average boxing PPV usually does over 300,000 buys. If you want to count small PPV's that aren't sponsered by Showtime or HBO then I guess your right but for the most part a lot of the PPV's do solid numbers. Tarver-Hopkins was up there over 350,000, as was Mosley-Vargas, and Pacquio-Morales II was right around there (so was Judah-Mayweather and Gatti-Mayweather last year). If you want to get technical, yeah crappy PPV's like the Roy Jones PPV aren't going to do good but for the most part, if it's an even half way decent fight between 2 decent fighters they'll put the numbers up!

As far as last night, I caught the fight right after the UFC (Thank God for Showtime 2) and to be honest, I wasn't to impressed with either fighter. I didn't score it so I don't know exactly who I would have had winning but what I do know is that I had no problem with the decision although Spinks does dance to much and really didn't want to exchange (but that's always been his style so what are you going to do). To me the fight was pretty even but I think the judges gave it to Spinks because Roman allowed him to use his style to make the fight (although it wasn't his fault because everytime he got inside the ref stopped the action because Spinks clinched). The one thing I will say for Roman is that he did land the cleaner, harder shots but like I said, I guess the judges gave it to Spinks because Roman allowed him to use his style to make the fight (Roman even said after the fight there was no way he could win the fight with the ref). Close fight, I got no gripes with the judging although I do have a gripe with the fight itself being kind of crappy!

if i were shamrock i'd be ****ing pissed too

Back
Top Bottom