Unacceptable!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unacceptable!!!

I counted at least 4 players on D I’ve never seen before

Understand that we're rebuilding, but do not accept that we had to go from a decent defense to a team full of players who don't tackle.
pp,650x642-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

I always hate losing, but eh, losing is what is expected this year. First season I dont really get worked up about losing or how they lose. This is what is expected now for hopefully future greatness

Hard to judge a guy when he has to run around to avoid pressure pretty much every time he drops back to pass. Chris Grier decided to field an offensive line where most guys couldn't start on any other NFL team. When a couple of those guys get hurt you then have guys playing out of position and getting beat like a drum every play. Michael Dieter trying to play LT is just embarassing.It's not even Deiter's fault, he doesn't have the skill to play that position.

No one expects victories here. Blown assignments, poor tackling, lack of game plan, and weak fundamentals are not expected, either. This team would lose if they performed perfectly, but they have regressed. X looks lost. The run and pass defense is abysmal. People actually seem lost as to their assignments.

Flores is our future, so coach like it. Make me believe that once there is better talent, you will have them playing at their best. So far, I have not seen this. I complemented Flores at the end of the first half today, only to see the team pull a complete 180 after the half. I have not decided yet if Flores is good or not, but he has done little so far to make me a believer. If the team is in an evaluation season, then Flores might be wise to see he is being evaluated as well.

If you think this is bad coaching you know absolutley nothing about football. Flores is the best thing in this organization has right now.

That might be too strong of a statement. I liked some of his game time decisions today. His staff seems to be improving. I like that players seem to be improving this year. I will hold off my endorsement until I see more positives.

No one expects victories here. Blown assignments, poor tackling, lack of game plan, and weak fundamentals are not expected, either. This team would lose if they performed perfectly, but they have regressed. X looks lost. The run and pass defense is abysmal. People actually seem lost as to their assignments.

Flores is our future, so coach like it. Make me believe that once there is better talent, you will have them playing at their best. So far, I have not seen this. I complemented Flores at the end of the first half today, only to see the team pull a complete 180 after the half. I have not decided yet if Flores is good or not, but he has done little so far to make me a believer. If the team is in an evaluation season, then Flores might be wise to see he is being evaluated as well.

There is a huge talent and maturity gap between these two teams. I just do not understand what you expect from them. They surprised the cowboys in the first half. They surprised the cowboys with an onside kick. Great coaching decision!! It just did not work out because of player development. There were more blitzes. The cowboys have a very good offensive line, and I thought our performance in the front seven was acceptable. The next big challenge is to work on X to get rid of the negativity.

The team,especially the defense, seems to have played hard in the 1st half the past two weeks. Then in the 2nd half, mainlhy because the offense is so inept, the defense is on the field most of the time. Of course guys are going to get tired and some guys who of course hear this tank nonsense are eventually going to give up. Another major problem is that the defense doesn't have guys who can consistently pressure the QB. The Dolphins have not scored in the 2nd half this season.

They Got outscored 17-0 in the 2nd half vs the Ravens, 30-0 vs the Patriots, and 21-0 today vs the Cowboys.

There is a huge talent and maturity gap between these two teams. I just do not understand what you expect from them. They surprised the cowboys in the first half. They surprised the cowboys with an onside kick. Great coaching decision!! It just did not work out because of player development. There were more blitzes. The cowboys have a very good offensive line, and I thought our performance in the front seven was acceptable. The next big challenge is to work on X to get rid of the negativity.

I get your point and somewhat agree, but I do expect more. Howard is a great example. By all accounts, even under Burke, Howard is a top level corner. There is no excuse for his performance. There are really only three options here:

1. Howard is upset at the regime and doesn’t care how he performs, making him streaky at best
2. Howard is not being properly coached
3. Howard is being exposed as the average player he has actually always been. The other years have been a smokescreen.

Which of those three do you buy, and why? The only player who is doing better individually under the new coach is Parker. Everyone else has stagnated or regressed. It CANNOT all be on the talent around them. When does some of the blame fall on Flores? Why must he be protected? He has no head coaching credentials. In fact, he has never even been a true coordinator. He is the man who is responsible for taking this team and all its draft picks to victory, and has a five year contract to do it. What is it exactly that makes you confident in him, 1 half against Dallas?

Back
Top Bottom