UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
UNC fans can hate all they want but JJ Redick is THE TRUTH. I know junc, he chokes in the tournament LMAO, something tells me that's about to end if you can even consider a final four and two sweet 16's choking!
I can admit when he has a great game and he did, his first ever s. the Heels so it was a little surprising but we'll see come March. Maybe he keeps this up, if he does I'll tip my cap but we'll see.

Congrats duke fans on the W. I am on vacation and haven't had much time to go on the internet. I am waiting to leave now so I have some time. It was a thrilling game but very sloppy, I don't think we'll have as good a chance in Cameron as we did the other night but hopefully we can spring the upset.

Ferretsquig said:
He probably never saw 'Sheed play a single game at Carolina. He never had any issues here, other than his ego. I think college was just too easy for him, but I do wish he had stuck around a couple more years.....that would of been a fun team to watch.

PG - Cota
SG - Vince
SF - Jamison
PF - 'Sheed
C - Ndiaye

Not mahtar at C, Sheed would have been at C w/ Jamison at PF, Carter/Stack at the 2/3 if Stack had stayed too. What a lineup, you also are missing Shammond. I just have a bad tatse in my mouth from what Mahktar did at the '98 FF and he was a big disappoinment in his 2 years at UNC.

Now that was impressive. Just think how good Tyler is going to be when he developes a post game. Gonna be some good times in Chapel Hill next year.

Tyler was great. Just an awesome performance. As a team we were somewhat disappointing in the first half, we were down by as much as 20. GT is a weak team. Glad we pulled it out though.

It was just a freakish game like that Clemson one a couple of years ago. Tech couldnt miss in the first half....I think they were perfect from beyond the arc.

Ferretsquig said:
It was just a freakish game like that Clemson one a couple of years ago. Tech couldnt miss in the first half....I think they were perfect from beyond the arc.

I was thinking the same thing during the first half. I was never really that worried in the Tech game - you just knew that their shooting couldn't continue.

The Wake Forest game really scares me. I know that they are terrible this year, but I am expecting Gray and Williams to have their best games of the season against us.

Another road win against wake yesterday, this time reyshawn had the big game. This team is getting better and better and they are a lock for the Tourney and if things keep going the way they are they should be able to get a fairly high seed(4-6) and possibly make a Sweet 16 run. This year has been alot of fun watching this team grow up. Big game w/ State coming up on Weds which could decide the 2 seed for the ACC Tourney.

Carolina has owned state the last few years. Simmons cant even stay on the court with Tyler, he just cant stay out of foul trouble. Bethel and those bearded euros they have can hit the three, but UNC should beat them up in the paint.

Green and Terry are really proving to be solid scoring options, but the team needs Frasor to play well to have a chance in the tourney. Noel, Terry, and Green arent the ones you want initiating your offense, and Miller is hesitant to do anything with the ball. Last game was the first time all season I've seen him even try to drive to the basket.

btw isnt it great to have a real coach again? 3 minutes into the second half the point zone is unveiled. They play 5 against 2 the rest of the game and completely shut down Gray and Williams. After that GA tech game you almost expect the heels to come out and dominate after every break.

It should be a good one tonight. If we can keep Simmons out of foul trouble and keep Terry from getting about 20 pts we might be able to get a W. Evtimov will most likely not play so that will hurt us big-time. Hopefully Bethel will keep fillin it up from 3pt. land.

Should be a good game tonight. Seems like we've swept State for the past few years.

^Yep, sure have. It seems N. Carolina owns NCSU in every sport, every year. I'm already expecting a loss tonight..oh well.

So far so good at the half. Noel is playing great.

Good game. Those frosh are hardly playing like it now. I guess that's what a good coach will do. They have matured so much, they are gonna be a tough out in the NCAAs.

I dont know about the tourney this year....if BC and NC State are really the 11th and 15th best teams in the country this is going to be some ugly basketball. That mass exedous last year, especially of all those players who werent ready for the nba, really hurt college basketball.

Anyways this is one talented team, they need a point guard and a post player who can block shots....and those are coming next year. Noel, Terry and Green just continue to impress with their vast array of skills. On a side note, I think some NFL team is going to be really happy to have Noel on their squad come september. I dont know if an NBA team will draft him but hes an incredible athelete and was a top rated WR.....some NFL team will take a flyer on him.

Back
Top Bottom