UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

I agree about Noel in the NFL, he is an exceptional athlete and I think he'll get a chance there.

The key to this team getting so much better the last month has been the play of Terry. he is becoming mroe consistent and w/ him and Noel playing well along w/ tyler this team could make a nice run come March. As it is assuming the Heels go 2-1 and win a game or 2 in the ACC Tourney I think we could get as high as a 3 seed and that would be remarkable.

I also agree about CBB, it is very down this year. There is not a team that could touch last year's Heels and that makes it wide open. I guess it was a good year to lose so many players early to the NBA although I think if we kept at least 2 of the 4 we'd have cruised to the FF and most likely won another title.

A three seed would be simply amazing. If take care of buisness at home they should be ranked in the teens, but last time I said that they proceeded to lose to Miami so who knows. I wouldnt mind trading a loss to Virginia for a win at cameron. They can do it too. Keep turnovers down and get Sheldon in foul trouble....gotta believe :D

Ferretsquig said:
A three seed would be simply amazing. If take care of buisness at home they should be ranked in the teens, but last time I said that they proceeded to lose to Miami so who knows. I wouldnt mind trading a loss to Virginia for a win at cameron. They can do it too. Keep turnovers down and get Sheldon in foul trouble....gotta believe :D

I though we got screwed last week only moving up to 21, we should already be in the top 20 but i think after the impressive win over State on the road and assuming we take care of business on Sunday I think we'll be around 15 or so.

The heels can definitely beat duke but it will be Senior Day and unlike Sr. Day at UNC K doesn't play start his walk-ons so the visiting team doesn't get that early lead like they always do against UNC. It will be tough but this team seems to love the road and who knows, I'll trade a loss at Cameron for a win in the ACC Final against them but either way I want to beat them at least once.

clear.gif

Mabey they should ask her to run the point on the mens team. Like a mini Iverson out there.

She is a great player and alot of fun to watch. I never had much interest in women's basketball before but I really like watching her and this Heels team play although yesterday's game was kind of ugly.

Yeah, I watched the women play yesterday. I don't think dook was ever winning. 10 more mins until gametime for the men. It's on FSN tonight.

Maryland has some serious issues with McCray out. They just couldnt get the ball in the basket. UNC certainly wasnt spectacular on offense.....hate to rag on Tyler, but he really needs to learn howto pass when hes tripled in the post. Just have to remind youself he really is a freshman the way he dominates.

Watching them just makes you think....if Felton, McCants and co. tried this hard on defense, would anyone have beaten the heels last year? I hope they keep it up next year when there will be all kinds of pre-season hype and tarheel fans will be calling them champions before they play a game.

Watching them just makes you think....if Felton, McCants and co. tried this hard on defense, would anyone have beaten the heels last year?

If the last 2 years they gave the kind of effort and played the kind of D that this team plays they'd have 2 titles and wouldn't have lost more than a game last year but I am glad to take 1 title and I think we'll be seeing more over the next few years.

I hope they keep it up next year when there will be all kinds of pre-season hype and tarheel fans will be calling them champions before they play a game.

Chemistry issues and playing w/ expectations will be the only things that can hold them back next year. We don't have to go too far back to see a talented freshman class not meshing w/ talented returning players to ruin a season. In '94 I'm not sure I have ever seen a more talented team('84 maybe) but they hated each other and never became as great as they should have and broke the Sweet 16 streak. I am looking forward to next year but I am really having fun w/ this team and I am anxious to see how far they can go.

We've jumped ahead of Virginia pretty quickly. I hope we keep this tempo up.

In other news, dook lost!! :sidelol:

byroan said:
We've jumped ahead of Virginia pretty quickly. I hope we keep this tempo up.

In other news, dook lost!! :sidelol:

In other, other news, Duke is the Regular Season ACC Champs, and will beat carolina at Cameron on Senior Night Saturday!!

Dominating defense, hit the threes, run em to death, and Hansbrough just being himself. Thats the first time I've seen all season where they have played well in all aspects of the game.....just complete old school UNC domination. Its going to be a dogfight in Cameron, get Redick to blow it again and the game is ours. Wouldnt count on it though :(

Ferretsquig said:
Its going to be a dogfight in Cameron, get Redick to blow it again and the game is ours. Wouldnt count on it though :(

If we can get someone other than Wes Miller covering Redick then it's very possible.

Get Shelden in foul trouble, duke is a completely different team w/o their most important player in there. Redick is definitely into his usual late season fade. Miller is a good on the ball defender but JJ is too tall for him. We need Ginyard to be able to guard JJ and I think we'll be ok. I'll be homnest I was feeling very confident about Sat until duke lost, they rarely lose 2 in a row so w/ that, senior night(of course K wouldn't start his little known seniors the way the Heels do but that's a major difference in class btw the 2 programs) and a huge rivalry game it's going to be tough to win but as long as we weather the early storm I think we'll have a great chance.

Back
Top Bottom