Unfortunately, these Jets look like... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unfortunately, these Jets look like...

I find them to be a lot like the steelers team that won the super bowl in 05... barley got into the playoffs as a wild card team... with a rookie QB and a good running game and strong defense.. I also believe their run comes to a end this weekend though.

You could be right, but the Jets shut down the passing game because of 2 things. Darrell Revis and their crazy blitz schemes.

Not only Revis,Safeties Rhodes and Leonard had outstanding seasons between both of them they allowed ZERO touchdowns this season.Our safeties can't say that.

Leonard only allowed 12 receptions all season
Rhodes allowed 24 receptions all season
Y.Bell allowed 33

Both Sheppard and Lowery had very good seasons
QB rating against Sheppard...73.7
QB rating against Lowery.......44.4

QB rating against Sean Smith.116.1
QB rating against V.Davis.......104.9...lower numbers are better

Sheppard allowed 2 tds all season
Lowery allowed 1 td all season

S.Smith allowed 4 tds all season
V.D avis allowed 6 tds all sseason

Whats more impressive is that Revis(2),Lowery(1),
Sheppard(2),Rhodes(0), and Leonard(0) all added together allowed less touchdowns than Vonte Davis(6).

The Jets had great help from there safeties and great help
from there other corners

I think you are over reacting........................c'mon man!!! It's not like they earned their way to where they are. Kaeding missed THREE field goals. First time he has ever done that. The Colts roll over like a ***** in heat, and Cinci was falling apart late.
I just do not see what you are seeing. They will fall back to earth next season.

I think they got hot at the right time. Plain and simple.

Dude, there is already a Jesters thread on the front page. Do we really need another one? This is a Dolphins forum. Who cares about that stinkin, low-class team? They have ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl, barring assassinations of the remaining other teams' best players.

Dude, there is already a Jesters thread on the front page. Do we really need another one? This is a Dolphins forum. Who cares about that stinkin, low-class team? They have ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl, barring assassinations of the remaining other teams' best players.

Read the whole thread before you act so ignorant - I've already requested page be moved to AFC forum- and for the record- you're dogmatic, closed minded opinions shouldn't warrant a serious reply... but since you seem like the type chomping to start a "flame war" (and this very post acknowledges you) - I may as well humor you by giving you FACTS to counter the statements you just made...

#1 "Do we really need another one?"
a: NEED being the key word- no we don't NEED another one, but the 15+ people (including you) who have replied found it compelling enough to comment and over 85 (last checked) have viewed so it is drawing some interest...

#2 "Who cares about that stinkin, low class team?"
a: Jets fans obviously and those interested in football beyond the scope of the Miami Dolphins successes (or failures this year :-/ ) --> this would mean people who care about playoff football, so you can keep up...

#3 "They have ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl, barring assassinations of the remaining other teams' best players."
a: This is the line that solidified my assumption you were close minded, ignorant etc... REALLY?! ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl?! ZERO?! ZEERROOO?? ... wrong! ZERO chance would be a team not in the playoffs, the Jets have a CHANCE, and my post was aimed at sparking a discussion between like minded individuals who watch football beyond the scope of the Dolphins and keep an observing eye on what is going on in the football world around them in order to indulge in a little bit of "what if..." "how come..." "what do you think..." banter. If you aren't able to partake in a conversation where you don't agree with the person initiating it and your best/ first/ natural response it to act ignorant I feel bad for you....

The rest of you posting on the thread (and I've noticed only one person MAY agree with me), thanks for keeping the thread classy! I don't give two turds if you agree with me, and as I've said before I hope I'm wrong! I am just looking for a little competitive banter between fellow Dolphin fans and what MAY POTENTIALLY HAPPEN (note AGAIN: I am not naive enough to crown the Jets SB champs at this pint)

The only thing simular that I see between this Jets team and the 01 Pats is that if they want to win a Superbowl, they are going to have to do some cheating,

Not every team is going to continue to open the door with mistakes to help them win, eventually they will have to beat someone with pure skill, and great coaching...good luck on both of those.

I don't think these Jet's are anywhere close to any of those teams.

Good defense, good running game..and one team that allowed them to win enroute to playoffs.

I think they won against the Charges due to a bit of ineptness in execution last Sunday.

Colts will beat them easy is my guess and fervent hope.

To see them win will be hard especially with the phins on the sidelines and having beaten them twice.

The Jets were right there with us a few weeks ago, and now they're great team? Please... They were given a golden opportunity to make the playoffs and are unfortunately on a bit of a hot streak. Hopefully the team that gaveth (Colts) will also taketh away on Sunday. I think they will.

seriously wtf, i know the season is over but somebody shut these fake fin fans up.

Wow where do you guys get this stuff all the Jets have is a defense their Offenseive scheme stinks and you are totally jumping to conclusions

I don't think so, Colts made the Ravens look silly last week and the Ravens D. is fairly close to the Jets D. in the Stats. I believe that Payton will crave them up over the middle if they start blitzing like mad. Clark could have a career day this sunday.

They scored 20 pts, how did they make the Ravens D look silly? they also fumbled after an INT and had a 2nd one wiped out on a penalty(yet when a Colts defender tackled ray Rice on a big 3rd down pass attempt no flags were thrown).

Oh and we have the better defense this year, they don't have a Revis and our QB is playing much better than Bal's was.

This doesn't mean we'll win but we have a shot.

not even close....

Tom Brady was a reason that those Patriots won.

Mark Sanchez is a detriment to the Jests. Since week 4, the Jests are 1-7 in games in which he has 20 attempts. 1 and 7!!!! The 1 win was last weeks game against SD...he completed a grand total of 12 of those 23 attempts for a whopping 100 yards.

Brady attempted 20+ passes in all his 2001 games but 1, earning the Patriots an 11-5 record, division title and first round bye in the process. he through for 300+ in his divisional round win.

I can't wait until 6:30 Sunday so the conversation can finally be out the epic choke job of them losing in the AFC Championship....after all, their coach told everyone they are the favorite to win the Super Bowl....they better not choke!!!

so having won w/ the biggest one w/ 20+ attempts means nothing? The man is clearly much better now than a month or 2 ago.

How would us losing the AFC Title Game be an epic choke?

As far as NE '01, we don't have a Brady but Brady wasn't quite Brady yet but we do have a better ground game, better WRs, a better OL and a better D.

There are some good parallels. That Rams team didn't run the ball often enough by standards of that era. I was very pleased and relieved when New England won because I was worried the league would brainstorm to throw the ball on every play if the Rams were champs for the second time in three seasons. Of course, it merely delayed the transition toward more passing, with plenty of help from the rules committee.

The Colts run the ball even more seldom than the 2001 Rams, in fact more than 3 rushes per game fewer, 23 to 26.

That Rams team had almost identical YPPA defense to the current Colts, 6.2 which is very good.

I don't remember that Patriots team winning on the road against Warner and Co. That's the dramatic difference. Neutral site is hardly equivalent to knocking off the top seed in their building. We've been conditioned to downplay the advantage the past few years. I'm rooting for the Jets but if the Saints and Colts emerge I won't be too disturbed since it will spotlight the value of that top seed.

Besides, it will demonstrate how close we came to the nightmare of two 18-0 teams facing each other. It's hardly 19 full swings. With teams of that caliber the first playoff game is a glorified walkover and the second game is still a clear advantage. Luckily the late regular season wobble caught up to them.

Back
Top Bottom