Unfortunately, these Jets look like... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unfortunately, these Jets look like...

Read the whole thread before you act so ignorant - I've already requested page be moved to AFC forum- and for the record- you're dogmatic, closed minded opinions shouldn't warrant a serious reply... but since you seem like the type chomping to start a "flame war" (and this very post acknowledges you) - I may as well humor you by giving you FACTS to counter the statements you just made...

#1 "Do we really need another one?"
a: NEED being the key word- no we don't NEED another one, but the 15+ people (including you) who have replied found it compelling enough to comment and over 85 (last checked) have viewed so it is drawing some interest...

#2 "Who cares about that stinkin, low class team?"
a: Jets fans obviously and those interested in football beyond the scope of the Miami Dolphins successes (or failures this year :-/ ) --> this would mean people who care about playoff football, so you can keep up...

#3 "They have ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl, barring assassinations of the remaining other teams' best players."
a: This is the line that solidified my assumption you were close minded, ignorant etc... REALLY?! ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl?! ZERO?! ZEERROOO?? ... wrong! ZERO chance would be a team not in the playoffs, the Jets have a CHANCE, and my post was aimed at sparking a discussion between like minded individuals who watch football beyond the scope of the Dolphins and keep an observing eye on what is going on in the football world around them in order to indulge in a little bit of "what if..." "how come..." "what do you think..." banter. If you aren't able to partake in a conversation where you don't agree with the person initiating it and your best/ first/ natural response it to act ignorant I feel bad for you....

The rest of you posting on the thread (and I've noticed only one person MAY agree with me), thanks for keeping the thread classy! I don't give two turds if you agree with me, and as I've said before I hope I'm wrong! I am just looking for a little competitive banter between fellow Dolphin fans and what MAY POTENTIALLY HAPPEN (note AGAIN: I am not naive enough to crown the Jets SB champs at this pint)

I merely opened the thread to reply with disgust about yet another thread about our hated rivals. I did not read the whole thread because my close-mindedness makes me despise everything Yets related and the mere title alone was enough for me to complain to have this crap thread moved. I come on this message board to read about my Phins, not about those d-bags and Jabba the Coach, unless it's the week before or after the game against them. So, excuse me for my ignorance, but you see, I have a great excuse. I am a huge Dolphins fan and hate the Yets. If I wanna read about em, I'll go to that other board.

And how's this for your competitive banter? ANYTHING CAN POTENTIALLY HAPPEN. Woohoo. Let's hash out every single freakin scenario in a conversation.

#1 - I open EVERY new thread on the Miami Dolphins board, as probably do many other members, and none on the Beasts of the AFC East board unless prompted, so the number of views don't mean donkey dong. And of the current 29 responses, I count 7 by you or 2nd posts by someone who had already stated their opinion earlier in the thread, 6 neutral responses, saying the Yets are more like the Steelers or Ravens SB squads, 2 people agreeing with you, miamiron and, surprise, surprise, nyjunc, and 14 negative responses, with some people even calling you a fake fan. Why don't you go rip them dude? I just wanted Yets CRAP of my finheaven.

#2 - I care about the playoffs and really hate, hate, hate the Yets and want them to lose badly. I will watch the games this Sunday with a keen eye. It does not mean I care, in literal terms, about that TEAM or any of it's crap fans terms.

#3 - Of course, they have more than a 0% chance. That was an exaggeration, dude. I've watched our average at best 7-9 Phins beat the Yets 3 times in a row and we were beat by the Saints and the Colts. I just really highly doubt it happens as does Vegas due to the 7.5 point spread. If you wanna put some kind of bet down we can do that. How about if the Yets lose by 10 points or more, you have to put that pic of Rex Ryan as Jabba and Sanchez as Princess Leah (don't worry I'll find it) with the captions...."I love eating hot dogs on your sideline coach.".....and....."I love watching you toss my foot/balls around, kid." in your sig for 2 weeks. If the loss, is between 1-10 points, it's even money. If the Yets win, I'll put that very same pic in my sig for 2 weeks. What do ya say? Deal?

Clownfish I can't fault you for your hate of the Jets -though I just assumed it normal to read a whole thread before adding your 2 cents and expect to be taken seriously... especially in such a childish way. I don't really understand the point of YOU breaking down my analysis of your previous post but do appreciate the insight... as for your bet I am all up for such a bet if you think it's necessary - but as I mentioned before (this would require you reading the whole thread) if I were going to bet money - it wouldn't be against the Colts!

just FYI on SportsCenter right now Tedy Bruschi picked the Jets to win the Super Bowl because they remind him of ... guess who... the 2001 Pats team he was on going up against the Rams

so having won w/ the biggest one w/ 20+ attempts means nothing? The man is clearly much better now than a month or 2 ago.

How would us losing the AFC Title Game be an epic choke?

...and Ted Ginn is clearly much better now than a month or 2 ago. doesn't make him good.

it would be an epic choke because the Jests are the favorite to win the Super Bowl....Rex Ryan told me so. :chuckle:

not even close....

Tom Brady was a reason that those Patriots won.

Mark Sanchez is a detriment to the Jests. Since week 4, the Jests are 1-7 in games in which he has 20 attempts. 1 and 7!!!! The 1 win was last weeks game against SD...he completed a grand total of 12 of those 23 attempts for a whopping 100 yards.

Brady attempted 20+ passes in all his 2001 games but 1, earning the Patriots an 11-5 record, division title and first round bye in the process. he through for 300+ in his divisional round win.

I can't wait until 6:30 Sunday so the conversation can finally be out the epic choke job of them losing in the AFC Championship....after all, their coach told everyone they are the favorite to win the Super Bowl....they better not choke!!!

lol I like how you tried to work the numbers around to try and make it that the Jets can't win if Sanchez throws 20+ times.

Then you go saying that if the Jets lose in the AFC championship its an epic choke job? lol every single game in the playoffs we have been the extreme underdogs. People outside of the Jets even said that the Jets are the only team without a chance to win the SB this year. So you can go pretend in your world that the Jets choked if they lose, but in the real world if they lose its because the Colts are better and have arguably the greatest QB of all time.
Any team that makes it to the final 4 deserves respect, I don't care how big of a homer you are.

lol and it says you are 32 years old, wow I was suspecting a 15 year old.

...and Ted Ginn is clearly much better now than a month or 2 ago. doesn't make him good.

it would be an epic choke because the Jests are the favorite to win the Super Bowl....Rex Ryan told me so. :chuckle:

W/o Ginn you don't beat us up here and are 6-10 instead of 7-9.

Clownfish I can't fault you for your hate of the Jets -though I just assumed it normal to read a whole thread before adding your 2 cents and expect to be taken seriously... especially in such a childish way. I don't really understand the point of YOU breaking down my analysis of your previous post but do appreciate the insight... as for your bet I am all up for such a bet if you think it's necessary - but as I mentioned before (this would require you reading the whole thread) if I were going to bet money - it wouldn't be against the Colts!

just FYI on SportsCenter right now Tedy Bruschi picked the Jets to win the Super Bowl because they remind him of ... guess who... the 2001 Pats team he was on going up against the Rams

Maybe you should stop making assumptions. Just because I didn't read the whole thread, doesn't mean I can't post in it, especially when the subject matter is about one of our rivals. Happens all the time and probably every regular poster on Finheaven has done it. Unless you've read every post in every thread you've posted in, than you're guilty of that also.

And did you seriously think there wouldn't be backlash from your OP, when it's subject is the possibility of the Jets winning the Super Bowl? Again, I was not the only one to point out the deficiencies of this thread, yet you continue to attack me. Who's the one that REALLY wants a flame war?

Also you might want to stop with the insults since your violating the TOS. You've called me ignorant, closed-minded, dogmatic, and now childish. You don't even know me, yet you can label me as such based on 2 posts of mine on a message board? Since I want to stick to the TOS, I will merely attach some labels to your thread and your opinions.....presumptuous, pretentious, and disloyal all come to mind. Guess what? You're not better than me. You're not smarter than me. You may or may not be more mature than me, but maturity is overrated, so I could care less about that one. And apparently no one cares about this crap Jets thread. Get over it already.

In conclusion, I'd really like to make that wager with you just because I think you deserve to have that sig in your posts. If you want to go through with it, a simple reply of "yes" will do. I don't need to read any more insults about myself. I think I've got the picture.

It's obvious you are the one letting my OPINION, which I've repeatedly stated over and over that's all my thread was, really get to you. Really? A grown adult reporting someone over being called ignorant, dogmatic and childish?! You sir seem to have the problem. I am done responding to your posts - I come to this forum to engage in Football banter, whether one's opinion differs from mine (which MANY PEOPLE have) - it's all in good fun and taken for what it is - AN OPINION. Whether or not this thread meets what you expect on the forum won't cause me to lose any sleep. Those that wagered in on the topic have done so and I respect their opinion...

For you to jump into the middle of a thread I started- not read more then 10% of it and say what you did IS all of the above mentioned adjectives.

I'm sorry our opinions differ and it has effected you so - you're claims of being smarter etc. I will chalk up as delirium and another childish rant. I hope you can let my opinion that the Jets MAY win (again, not that I want them to) be bygones because I don't intend on having to reply to a comment of yours in this thread.

and AGAIN for Clarification: my HOPE is that the Saints win the SB --> only because of what that city has been through.
I THINK a Colt v. Vikings SB is most likely and would be a great game for all football fans across the country to enjoy.
My OPINION is that the Jets stand a legitimate shot at beating the Colts for the reasons expressed earlier in this thread- but again, I wouldn't bet money on it.

And to answer your one question- I don't even know how to put a Sig. up haha.

It's obvious you are the one letting my OPINION, which I've repeatedly stated over and over that's all my thread was, really get to you. Really? A grown adult reporting someone over being called ignorant, dogmatic and childish?! You sir seem to have the problem. I am done responding to your posts - I come to this forum to engage in Football banter, whether one's opinion differs from mine (which MANY PEOPLE have) - it's all in good fun and taken for what it is - AN OPINION. Whether or not this thread meets what you expect on the forum won't cause me to lose any sleep. Those that wagered in on the topic have done so and I respect their opinion...

For you to jump into the middle of a thread I started- not read more then 10% of it and say what you did IS all of the above mentioned adjectives.

I'm sorry our opinions differ and it has effected you so - you're claims of being smarter etc. I will chalk up as delirium and another childish rant. I hope you can let my opinion that the Jets MAY win (again, not that I want them to) be bygones because I don't intend on having to reply to a comment of yours in this thread.

and AGAIN for Clarification: my HOPE is that the Saints win the SB --> only because of what that city has been through.
I THINK a Colt v. Vikings SB is most likely and would be a great game for all football fans across the country to enjoy.
My OPINION is that the Jets stand a legitimate shot at beating the Colts for the reasons expressed earlier in this thread- but again, I wouldn't bet money on it.

I did not want to leave your last post above without argument and doing it through PMs seemed so boring, so I'm going to post my original PM response to you, with some editing for the kids.

Your calls for justice are falling on deaf ears.

Listen. I think it's time you get off your freaking soap box and off of my case for posting MY OPINION about your stupid thread. Why can't MY OPINION about this subject be just as relevant as yours? Sure it's brash and full of hate, but that is how I feel. Deal with it.

I didn't report you either. I never do that. I merely summarized the insults you threw at me in a reply post. It's just the mods doing their job. And I never said I was smarter than you. I said you were not better or smarter than me (because that is how you are acting). Why can't that mean that we have equal worth and intelligence? You're the one who assumed I was boasting. Again, maybe you should stop with the assumptions.

My ORIGINAL POST on this thread is as follow....."Dude, there is already a Jesters thread on the front page. Do we really need another one? This is a Dolphins forum. Who cares about that stinkin, low-class team? They have ZERO chance of winning the Super Bowl, barring assassinations of the remaining other teams' best players."

Nowhere in that paragraph did I call you any names or judge you. I merely stated that the thread needed to be moved and it is in MY OPINION that the Jets have pretty much no chance at winning the Super Bowl. The comparisons to past Super Bowl teams are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT until they actually win it.

I feel I'm very justified in my original response in thread due to the FACT that MANY Finheaveners are sick of the Jets playoff threads on the main page.....check some of the responses you got after mine. You didn't rip any of those people or try to start a "flame war" with any of them. Also, check any other Jets thread that pops up on the front page and you will see many similar responses by other members. Why not persecute them?

Here's a quote from your last post to me....
"I come to this forum to engage in Football banter, whether one's opinion differs from mine (which MANY PEOPLE have) - it's all in good fun and taken for what it is - AN OPINION. Whether or not this thread meets what you expect on the forum won't cause me to lose any sleep. Those that wagered in on the topic have done so and I respect their opinion..."
Well why don't you take my opinion for what it is? Why do you respect the opinions of people who post things like...
"seriously wtf, i know the season is over but somebody shut these fake fin fans up."
or
"Here, let me finish the title: Unfortunatelty, these Jets look like....A big pile of elephant turd!!!"
, but not my opinion? You're screaming for justice against one opponent when there are many on this board, some more ruthless than me. The fact that you singled me out AND purposely started a "flame war" with me and me alone tells me that YOU are the one who post's are childish.

I've been a member of this board for almost 6 years and I've seen many posters come and go. I'm 2 posts away from 1000 and I'm not wasting anymore on the likes of you.
Now, on to the business at hand. No matter how you slice it, you were WRONG and I was RIGHT. The Colts rocked the Yets by 13 points. So, NO, they don't remind me or anyone else, except for you and Tedy Bruschi, of the 2001 Patriots or ANY team that has ever even MADE IT to the Super Bowl which makes this WHOLE THREAD irrelevant. Well, maybe not the whole thread. Haha. Don't forget about my bet with you.

You have to post the picture below with it's title and two captions for 2 WEEKS total in your signature. All you do is click the "User CP" link at the top left corner of any page once you have logged in. Then, click on the "Edit Signature" tab in the left column. Just copy the signature below and paste it into the required field. Save it and you're done. I'll give you until Friday to post it. If not, then I'll be posting a thread on the main page declaring you a welcher of bets with a link to your now infamous crap thread.

LanceyD's sig:

I thought the Jets were reminiscent of the 2001 Super Bowl Champion Patriots. Boy was I wrong.

picture.php

Sanchize Leah: "Oh, Coach Hut, I looooove eating hot dogs on YOUR sideline!"
Rabba the Hut: "Listen kid, you're a sweetheart. You really are. You can toss my balls around anytime."

W/o Ginn you don't beat us up here and are 6-10 instead of 7-9.

And without Peyton sitting in the second half of Week 16's game, you're not in the playoffs to get your ***** handed to you by Peyton and the Colts in the rematch...the second half of the AFC Championship! Brilliant! Boy! It's amazing what happens when you don't have LUCK to depend on! And yes, playing against the Colts JV team in the first game, playing 2 straight games against a team that was down emotionally, and squeaking by a team whose kicker couldn't make a kick to save his LIFE is VERY lucky to even the most casual NFL fan.

So SPARE me your outdated "oh we got farther than you did" or "you guys had a soft schedule when you won the AFC championship last season" BS....your pathetic excuses and rationalizations are older than Rex Ryan's first box of twinkies! Face it, the Colts exposed your team's defense in the second half and the rest of the league just got a glimpse of how to BEAT that Jets blitz. Let's just hope Rex finds ANOTHER way to talk (or eat...whatever he does with his mouth always ends up biting him back) his way back into another AFC Championship for the foreseeable future.

I figured you'd disappear after being proven COMPLETELY wrong. I'm sure you've welched on a bet before, so this is probably not new territory for you. This thread is downright embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom