Uninspiring | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uninspiring

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I know it is only the 2nd pre-season game, but I am not too excited by what I've seen. Let's wait till next week when they actually gameplan for the contest. This season may be rinse, wash and repeat of the last couple of years where they are great in camp, but when the season starts they fall flat on their face.

Defensively it was really hard to watch, not saying the offence was inspiring, but it seems to have hope, slim as it is.

Here’s how I view preseason. There’s a couple of ways to look at how teams work during preseason. They either want to build confidence at the cost of maybe not working on things they aren’t good at. Or they don’t worry about the confidence building thing and work on what they think they need to work at the most, damn the consequences. I think we fall squarely in the latter category. I might be way wrong but this seems to be how most teams look at it.

On that note, I do worry about another slow start with tannehill. So far he hasn’t been any more aggressive than he used to be and I’m hoping it’s just the preseason deal and not that he is lacking confidence like pre-mid2016 tannehill was. We have always started games and season slow with tannehill. That can’t happen this year. I’ve always been a big RT believer but that’s an issue he’s had that I’m worried he may never get past.

Its pre-season y'all!!!! Lets not lose optimism and bottom before the regular season even starts. Sure there are adjustments and things we need to work out but so does everyone else. Its a process. Rome wasn't built in 2 weeks. We are in the midst of another roster overhaul. There are going to be growing pains as we build chemistry as a team. We are still playing guys that wont make the roster. Figure out the guys who give max effort on every rep and cut the rest. Figure out the strengths of the personal and cater around those strengths. If this team were a baby we'd still be very much in the womb at this point. First trimester stages gang.

I only paid attention to the starters. I liked how the offense got to the line of scrimmage quickly. There were some bonehead mistakes, but wasnt to concerned.play calling was vanilla as to be expected. Didnt like that long touchdown run. We got caught in the wrong defense. That was a nice pick by x. Overall what I expected for a second Preseason game. I didnt feel all doom and gloom after the game. Our qb stayed healthy which is all we can ask for. We will be alright, just got to tighten up a few things. Third person game will tell us more. Way too early to judge.

Will be nice to see Gore, that one piece can make a difference. They need a Mr. Reliable somewhere on this team. I could see us coming together in a few games and starting to gel. Be really nice if we can hit on some deep balls. If Tannehill can’t get it together really soon I’m afraid we have seen his ceiling and we will have to make that QB pick up there at the top of the draft next year.

Oh, I dunno....

O can’t score a TD when it is handed to them on a platter.

D can’t stop one.

I know it’s preseason and all, but I expect more.

Personally, I think all this **** is on the coaches.
The struggle to reach the end zone is real.

Defensively it was really hard to watch, not saying the offence was inspiring, but it seems to have hope, slim as it is.
I feel like we watched 2 separate games. The starting defense was the only thing that looked good tonight.

Here’s how I view preseason. There’s a couple of ways to look at how teams work during preseason. They either want to build confidence at the cost of maybe not working on things they aren’t good at. Or they don’t worry about the confidence building thing and work on what they think they need to work at the most, damn the consequences. I think we fall squarely in the latter category. I might be way wrong but this seems to be how most teams look at it.

On that note, I do worry about another slow start with tannehill. So far he hasn’t been any more aggressive than he used to be and I’m hoping it’s just the preseason deal and not that he is lacking confidence like pre-mid2016 tannehill was. We have always started games and season slow with tannehill. That can’t happen this year. I’ve always been a big RT believer but that’s an issue he’s had that I’m worried he may never get past.

Every year we start slow and every year Tannehill has 8 good games somewhere in the middle. I really hope thats not the case this year, I really hope this is the year we get good play out of him for throughout the season or a large portion of the season. Of course this year IF we start slow the built in excuse people are going to say is he's rusty. If we don't see the goods from either Gase or Tannehill this year one of them needs to go, of course if Gase goes the new HC will probably want his own guy.

for **** sakes!!! teams have a bad first 4 games and turn it around

are you a preseason fan or a 16 game fan? please be the latter

I think we are a 7 to 9 win team so I won't really lose my **** until late October if need be

We aren't at full strength on offense...no Stills/Gore/Parker what was frustrating were the holding calls tho.

Linebackers seem slow in coverage & TJ McDonald should be benched.

for **** sakes!!! teams have a bad first 4 games and turn it around

are you a preseason fan or a 16 game fan? please be the latter

I think we are a 7 to 9 win team so I won't really lose my **** until late October if need be
I don’t care about wins and losses in preseason. Even if Miami was 2-0 I’d still be worried about their lackluster performances. If Miami lost 44-17 but had an opening drive TD, converted a few 3rd downs and had less than 5 penalties, I’d feel good right now.

All I wanna see in preseason is good execution and good discipline. Still waiting on it.

I’m sorry to say but it’s who RT is. He’s primarily not a striker or big play guy or a guy who can get the offense into the top ten in scoring. Why do we expect any different from him at 30?

Back
Top Bottom