Uninspiring | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uninspiring

Will be nice to see Gore, that one piece can make a difference. They need a Mr. Reliable somewhere on this team. I could see us coming together in a few games and starting to gel. Be really nice if we can hit on some deep balls. If Tannehill can’t get it together really soon I’m afraid we have seen his ceiling and we will have to make that QB pick up there at the top of the draft next year.
We should’ve drafted a QB this year. Yet we wait.

I don’t care about wins and losses in preseason. Even if Miami was 2-0 I’d still be worried about their lackluster performances. If Miami lost 44-17 but had an opening drive TD, converted a few 3rd downs and had less than 5 penalties, I’d feel good right now.

All I wanna see in preseason is good execution and good discipline. Still waiting on it.

I don't really care because this team is in transition. it may not work out but I won't prejudge it.

the more I have made a fool out of myself, the more inclined I am to let things play out. so right
now my inclinations are very laid back. wait until week 5 at least before you GAF.

Gase got his guys and he should be allowed time to tune this thing. If he doesn't by week 5 then
I will start calling for his head.

One thing I'd point out if you feel like the play calling / whatever was bad tonight:

How about the sequence where the team screwed up a screen pass to Albert Wilson, and then they just called the same thing again on the very next play so that they could get it right on that rep.

I mean, that's what they were doing tonight.

Oh, I dunno....

O can’t score a TD when it is handed to them on a platter.

D can’t stop one.

I know it’s preseason and all, but I expect more.

Personally, I think all this **** is on the coaches.
I agree. It’s on the coaches.

I don’t care about wins and losses in preseason. Even if Miami was 2-0 I’d still be worried about their lackluster performances. If Miami lost 44-17 but had an opening drive TD, converted a few 3rd downs and had less than 5 penalties, I’d feel good right now.

All I wanna see in preseason is good execution and good discipline. Still waiting on it.
Exactly. I don’t care about the final score but discipline and execution are key and we’ve lacked both so far.

On that note, I do worry about another slow start with tannehill. So far he hasn’t been any more aggressive than he used to be and I’m hoping it’s just the preseason deal and not that he is lacking confidence like pre-mid2016 tannehill was. We have always started games and season slow with tannehill. That can’t happen this year. I’ve always been a big RT believer but that’s an issue he’s had that I’m worried he may never get past.

I’m sorry to say but it’s who RT is. He’s primarily not a striker or big play guy or a guy who can get the offense into the top ten in scoring. Why do we expect any different from him at 30?
I have no idea how you can watch this game and be negative on Tannehill. He’s not even on the list of all the problems we have.

I gotta log off this website for a couple days.

I remember a time when nobody gave a shot about preseason. Now people think it’s the end all be all.

Wanny said it perfect. They called back to back screens so the team can get it down right. If that doesn’t open your eyes and make you question what preseason really is then there’s no helping you.

Were damn close to opening day and imo this wasn't a very impressive performance by the Dolphins. I fully realize the pre-season thing but the offense HAS to get in the end zone. I imagine we don't want to unveil all our ultra sophisticated offensive weaponry at this early stage. That's what I'm hoping for because this group didn't even need the Panthers to screw up their drives, they did it all by themselves with penalties and negative plays in the red zone. We were gifted the ball at the 9 and couldn't get in, that's weak, any time. If an offense is measured by how many TDs they get we wouldn't score very high. Yes, we drove down and got some field goals, great. Tannehill got us zero TDs. Not good. Better get better fast.

Remember those awesome fun and gun Redskin teams that would score 45 a game and go a dominating 4-0 in the pre season.

They won what 4 Superbowls right? No wait they won for games all season.

Pre season is pointless. College doesn't have one. Let teams pair up for a camp let them scrimmage then let's get to it. Effin pre season in just a money grab.

I know it is only the 2nd pre-season game, but I am not too excited by what I've seen. Let's wait till next week when they actually gameplan for the contest. This season may be rinse, wash and repeat of the last couple of years where they are great in camp, but when the season starts they fall flat on their face.

If we ever look great in camp it’s because we are going against our dog **** Defence. The irony is however our terrible D often shuts the O down in camp..

As much as it hurts to say and to see, truth is we will be a terrible team again this season, and it’s gonna be a long year.

Sigh

Looked like the same old same old crud product to me. I don't know if it was strictly vanilla play calling or poor execution but as for the execution of the offense, I'm all for it.:roflmao

Defensively it was really hard to watch, not saying the offence was inspiring, but it seems to have hope, slim as it is.
Out of position on so many plays. Those things are correctable, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why didnt you put this in your other thread about the game?

I agree. It’s on the coaches.

Exactly. I don’t care about the final score but discipline and execution are key and we’ve lacked both so far.

I have no idea how you can watch this game and be negative on Tannehill. He’s not even on the list of all the problems we have.

Here we go with another year of Ryan Teflonahill.

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re just part of the problem.

Blah blah blah talk to me when the real bullets start flying. I'm perfectly happy to sit back and watch them work these kinks out now when the games mean nothing then trying to run plays they know work just so we can get a meaningless win. Everyone here needs to take a chill pill and realize our record is still 0-0. Week 1 this team and play calling will look very different. Til then, grain of salt.

I gotta log off this website for a couple days.

I remember a time when nobody gave a shot about preseason. Now people think it’s the end all be all.

Wanny said it perfect. They called back to back screens so the team can get it down right. If that doesn’t open your eyes and make you question what preseason really is then there’s no helping you.

I never used to put too much into preseason games, but in truth, over the last many years the regular season starts have looked really similar to the meaningless preseason games. Over-reacting one way or another is kind of foolhardy, but that doesn’t mean that there is no reason for concerns or excitement, either. Preseason can show you individual and unit strengths and weaknesses. You can spot trends from players and previous seasons, etc.

All of the following are carryover trends from previous seasons to be concerned about:

1. Penalties on the offense. We led the league in this last year. This has not improved yet this offseason. I would have the offending players running full pads wind sprints all next practice. If I was Gase, this would be a top priority to fix, primarily because of point 2
2. This team struggles mightily on 3rd and long, or once anymore than 10 yards for a first is required. This Has been a problem throughout RT’s career, and whether it is playcalling or not, it is a trend that continues..
3. No intermediate or deep throws by the first team. It was short or nothing. This may have been the plan, but if RT has some rust, why not let him work a few in?
4. Too many negative runs. The run game was feast or famine. This is OL play, not scheme, so it needs to be cleaned up.
5. Too many screens.
6. Never running routes to or throwing to the sticks on 3rd down
7. Linebackers still out of place often and taking poor angles
8. Linebackers in coverage
9. Secondary gets exposed fairly easily if the rush doesn’t get there quick
10. Run defense still looks suspect
11. Struggles in the red zone

On the positive side:

1. Hurry up offense is finally starting to take shape and looks like it could actually be successful. Very encouraging for when we face teams with strong DL play and great scheme.
2. Drake is fast with a little open space
3. Receiving core is solid, even with the loss of Landry.
4. Quinn is gifted and plays with fire
5. Howard continues to develop into a ball hawk and a good CB
6. We have the best depth we have had for quite some time
7. Our rookies look like they can contribute

I know it is only the 2nd pre-season game, but I am not too excited by what I've seen. Let's wait till next week when they actually gameplan for the contest. This season may be rinse, wash and repeat of the last couple of years where they are great in camp, but when the season starts they fall flat on their face.

I like how you settle yourself down by telling yourself one thing and then going the other way.

Back
Top Bottom