Uninspiring | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uninspiring

Oh, I dunno....

O can’t score a TD when it is handed to them on a platter.

D can’t stop one.

I know it’s preseason and all, but I expect more.

Personally, I think all this **** is on the coaches.
I guess this is it in a nutshell.

Here we go with another year of Ryan Teflonahill.

If you’re not part of the solution, you’re just part of the problem.
Seriously? RT is your big concern?
Not linebackers being constantly out of position? Ridiculously conservative play calling? Drive killing penalties? The fact that we, apparently, only have one healthy corner that can play wide?

No balls for 7 years not sure why anyone is expecting anything different. Check it down Charlie!

BORING!

3. No intermediate or deep throws by the first team. It was short or nothing. This may have been the plan, but if RT has some rust, why not let him work a few in?
It’s not to shake off the rust - if there even is any. It’s because the offensive line cannot pass block for more than a second and imagine this board if Tannehill gets injured in a preseason game. I’ll take the complaints about the play calls rather than another season without our QB.

"It's only pre season" "we need patience" we need to give the team the benefit of the doubt. After all, we did win the super bowl "only" 45 years ago.

I really like what I saw from Tannehill tonight. I think he is getting the rust off quickly. I said it in the other thread, but he threw a 15 yard out on a frozen rope and that was very encouraging. Throwing the football is a total body motion. His leg got mangled and now he's wearing a brace on it, but he still has the velocity and accuracy on his throws. That's really good. That's something I was a little worried about, honestly.

This coming week the team plays what is almost a real football game. In other words, they will actually look at film and gameplan for it. They are actually going to try to win, at least in the first half of the game. If Miami comes out and looks like ****, that's when it's time to start thinking 6-10, 8-8. But I'm at least going to give them the opportunity to look respectable in the dress rehearsal.

I gotta log off this website for a couple days.

I remember a time when nobody gave a shot about preseason. Now people think it’s the end all be all.

Wanny said it perfect. They called back to back screens so the team can get it down right. If that doesn’t open your eyes and make you question what preseason really is then there’s no helping you.

We're in agreement. That is what pre-season is, especially to these coaches.

But I'd like to see our team doing "that" well.

I liked some things about the defense last night, but I sure hope our offensive play calling gets a bit more aggressive during the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom