Up Next: The Denver Broncos | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up Next: The Denver Broncos

The dog chasing the frisbee from the halftime show gets loose and runs across the field towards Griese. He has flashbacks and has to sit out the rest of the game. Dolphins win! :lol:

OR

Play "Who let the dogs out?" :lol: Maybe he will freak.

Originally posted by miadphan13
The dog chasing the frisbee from the halftime show gets loose and runs across the field towards Griese. He has flashbacks and has to sit out the rest of the game. Dolphins win! :lol:

Hehehe

Well, the 2 big keys to winning this game are:
1) Dont let the 3 headed monster (Portis, Gary, & Anderson) get rolling. Denver relies on their running game to keep pressure off Greise and set up the pass.

2) Put pressure on Greise. Get in his face. Our DB's can handle Denvers WR's 1 on 1 (possible exeption beeing Fletcher) for long enough for the team to get in Brians face. Griese is infamous for making mistakes under pressure and we must apply just that.

Offensively we just need to keep dooing exactly what we did today... mix it up and force them to stack the line on Ricky thus opening up the middle of the field and allowing Chambers and McMichael to run wild.

My Prediction:
Miami: 24
Denver: 17

Matchups galore in this game:

Chris Chambers vs Deltha O'Neal
Madison/Surtain vs Rod Smith/Ed McCafferey
Freeman/Greenwood/Thomas vs Shannon Sharpe
Trevor Price vs Todd Wade
Chester McGlockton vs Jamie Nails
Tom Nalen vs Zach Thomas
John Mobley vs Randy McMichael
Ray Rhodes vs Norv Turner

And this list goes on and on.......

One matchup that should go in our favor is Jason Taylor vs LT Ephraim Salaam. Last year, Salaam played RT for Atlanta and was eaten alive by our DEs. If JT is healthy, it should be a very nice matchup for us.

I was really impressed with how Deltha responded today after his ejection Monday night... I'll take two picks every week... :D

This is deffinitly a huge game. To get the first round bye you have to beet the teams in your division, and take care of business against the elite from the others. Well we are 2-0 in our D, and already knocked off the south leading Colts. A win in Denver and win against the Raiders down here, and getting a first round bye looks real good. That being said I like our chances against Denver. We have had their number as of late, and i just don't like Greises chances against our secondary. He also rarely puts up 2 great performances in a row, and he played great today.

This is probably our most difficult game of the year, against an electric Broncos team IN DENVER.

The Broncos run defense is far and away the best unit in the league, meaning that we are probably going to need Jay to carry us through this one. Not that he cant do it, but it certainly doesnt play to our strengths. My guess is that Ricky will be inneffective coming off a 36 carry game. Remember when Lamar carried 40 times vs the Colts in the playoffs? He could hardly move the next week vs Oakland. The fatigue factor will be huge for Ricky imo, esepcially after staying on the field for 40 minutes vs the Pats. We will need to establish the passing game in order to set up the run, not the oppositte.

Defensively, we will have to cope with all their playmakers - they have talent everywhere. Reminds me of the Chiefs, only with more talent top to bottom. My inclination would be to stuff the line and pressure Girese, but thats what we did vs Trent Green and he torched us. I honestly dont know what to do. If we play back, we will open up lanes for Portis. Tough matchup.

I have a VERY bad feeling about this game, though if we play half as well as we did today, then we will be in it until the end.

The main difference is their o-line is not nearly as good, and they don't have Gonzo. They do have very good WRs, but we have great CBs, and they don't make the match up problems that Gonzo does. Oh yeah they also don't have the NFL's leading rusher. Their defense is very good, but they are very agresive and can torch them selves. What i mean is if its by a penalty or over commiting to stopping RW their D can be their own worst enemy. If we continue to spread out the ball and stay commited to the run our O will be fine. The main thing we have to do to win is create a mistake or 2. That is how we won last year, and it will be the key in this game. Make Brian lose the game.

The Broncos D (especially their LB's) are super fast, and they can be caught overpursuing. Look for some trick plays next week, a flea flicker, maybe a half back pass to dupe their swarming D into overruning the play.

Just my gut feeling. One or two big plays are going to make or break this game. for us.

Denver has better WRs than KC. But their OL isn't qute as good. And Shannon Sharpe isn't Gonzo. Plus, we've got Surtain back this time.

I'm not too worried about stopping the run. We shut down Holmes last week from whatever formation they threw at us.

Here We Go..........

This is the game I said during preseason will be our toughest matchup. Denver's defense is very good and extremely fast.

I think the key factor to winning this game is to pound the Broncs between the tackles. Denver Bronco's LB's is a great core, BUT they are light with Ian Gold 223lbs, John Mobley 236lbs and Al Willson 240lbs. If we stick to what we do best (run between the tackles) and wear the LBs down, we will control the game.

Madison and Surtain are no strangers to McCaffrey and Rod Smith and they did win the last couple of matchups with these guys, plus McCaff and Smith are not completely where they were a year ago after their injuries so this could be interesting to see how Shannie will scheme against our D.

I believe the Broncos will take a long look at the Chiefs win over us and use that as a blue print to this weeks game. The "X" factor is that Surtain was not playing in that game so the scheme will not be as effective for them.

Is it just me, or has our run defense vastly improved the last couple of weeks vs. the Chiefs and Patriots? Before those two games I thought our run defense was going to be a concern throughout the season, but the last two weeks they have been flying to ball suffocating the RB's :evil: .

This is going to be a great matchup, I can't wait......Go Fins!!!!!!

Originally posted by Muck
If you want to see the disrespect we're getting......check this out. BTW - I'm Beavis. lol

http://www.orangemane.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=News;action=display;num=1033946733;start=

An absolutely arrogant bunch. They seem to run at the mouth with little to no knowledge at all. A quick view of a few of their threads reveals, based on their keen observations, that:

1. Ricky is slow and easy to stop.
2. Fiedler is not even a solid quarterback
3. Our defensive line is soft after losing Gardner, Bromell. and Mixon.
4. We can't handle the altitude and as a result will lose by more than 20.

There's more, but those were some of the more entertaining observations.

There is no doubt that Denver is a tough matchup for us, especially on the road. But, come on. I hope the Broncos are taking us as lightly as some of their fans.

Hey... what can we say? Watching the Dolphins lay down for the Chiefs really diminished the respect that most of us had for your team to this point. If you are looking for Broncos message boards where the fans aren't going to be confident that we can stop Ricky Williams (especially after what we just did to LaDanian Tomlinson), good luck.

My take on this game won't be too much different... You guys came out against KC and featured your passing game. As a result, you got behind fast, eliminating the damage that Ricky could do. Well, this Denver defense is going to eliminate what Ricky can do, leaving the same situation... The Dolphins relying on Fiedler to pull this hot coal from the fire. I just don't personally believe that Fiedler can do it. Maybe if he was at home....

I wouldn't say we are taking you lightly. We're just confident. Watching your Dolphins give it away to the Chiefs, who have the absolute worst defense in the league (if not the history of the league), we know that you've got glaring weaknesses. We are confident that our team can exploit them... especially at home.

Back
Top Bottom