Up Next: The Denver Broncos | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up Next: The Denver Broncos

It was because we couldn't cover Tony Gonzalez. I don't see a TE on your roster the calibur of Gonzalez. Don't say Shannon Sharpe. Gonzo's height was the problem, Shannon isn't nearly as tall, or as good at this point in his career......

Originally posted by Taco John

And this bit about Surtain not being there.... Are you telling me that the reason TrINT Green was able to throw 5 TDs and no interceptions was because you were missing ONE PLAYER?

First, let me repeat. A team can have a bad day, including Denver.

Anyway, there is a fair amount of truth to the impact of Patrick Surtain. Without Surtain, the other defensive backs had to try and cover for Jamar which made them less effective and the defense could not attempt to blitz or try to change their look.

Was Surtain's absence the only reason we lost? No, but because of the style of defense we play with the corners left to cover man, his absence severely hurt our ability to play. We were left trying to use zones and coverages that would help Jamar, but hurt the way we play.

Just to make that worse, the knee injury to Taylor prevented him from being effective on the pass rush. Without Surtain, we couldn't really blitz. Problems can snowball quickly.

Confused coverages and no pass rush usually mean a long day.

Oh, Taylor is feeling better and Surtain is back. We could still have a bad day. It happens. But, I don't think so.

Hey... what can we say? Watching the Dolphins lay down for the Chiefs really diminished the respect that most of us had for your team to this point. If you are looking for Broncos message boards where the fans aren't going to be confident that we can stop Ricky Williams (especially after what we just did to LaDanian Tomlinson), good luck.

My take on this game won't be too much different... You guys came out against KC and featured your passing game. As a result, you got behind fast, eliminating the damage that Ricky could do. Well, this Denver defense is going to eliminate what Ricky can do, leaving the same situation... The Dolphins relying on Fiedler to pull this hot coal from the fire. I just don't personally believe that Fiedler can do it. Maybe if he was at home....

I wouldn't say we are taking you lightly. We're just confident. Watching your Dolphins give it away to the Chiefs, who have the absolute worst defense in the league (if not the history of the league), we know that you've got glaring weaknesses. We are confident that our team can exploit them... especially at home.

You keep bringing up the KC game, but you fail to mention yesterday when we beat the defending SB champs. I do recall the Broncos struggling against the Bills. So maybe, its possible that any team including the Broncos can have oan off day. BTW, KC is no pushover. They're a very good team. Don't be surprise if they give Denver a run for their money.

Dude...

... we scored 30 points on that D, and that is something seeing as how our D didn't show up that day. 30 points is nothing to be a shamed of, not in this league on the road anyway.

Oliver...

I can't control what people post. I've got Ricky Williams as a top three back:

1. Tomlinson
2. Williams
3. Holmes

That's my personal feeling on the Runningbacks in this league.

I'm trying to get nervous about this game against the Dolphins... But I keep going back to that KC game... I'm sorry, but it's just hard to respect an offense that played that miserable against such a miserable defense. I've gotta believe that our coaches are finding nuggets of pure gold from that game film. Meanwhile, the best you'll get from looking at film of the Baltimore game is special teams mistakes.

Of course, I believe that the Dolphins will be ready to make a game of it. But if the Broncos go out and do their thing by controlling the ground and forcing Fiedler to win the game, I think we win this thing by two scores (10 pts).

I'm not really trying to start a smack war... But I just don't have a lot of respect for Fiedler with the game on his shoulders. Not that I believe Griese is all that much better than Fiedler... But four INTs against that KC secondary? You guys must not realize just how bad that secondary is...

Originally posted by PhinKev

First, let me repeat. A team can have a bad day, including Denver.

My point is, I don't think you guys were having a bad day... Oh it was a bad day, because you lost... But as far as the play on the field is concerned, you guys still looked like the Dolphins...

A bad day is what happened to the Broncos on Monday night... Nothing went our way starting with special teams and ending with officiating... It was an all around bad day because fluky things were happening that got us out of our rhythm.

The KC game wasn't so much of a bad day, so much as it was you were out-coached. They came in with a better game plan than you did, and executed it to a tee. You came in with some flim-flam crap that looked like it was thrown together the night before.

And yeah, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt on Tony Gonzalez... We have to face that monster two times each year. But not once has TrINT been able to efforlessly throw 5 TDs on us... It's always been *much* closer to him throwing 5 INTs (Deltha Oneal picked him 4 times in one game).

I think a majority of this is going to come down to coaching... What is Norv going to turn to when Ricky gets stopped? We've already seen once that if you force the game into Fiedler's hands, he doesn't have what it takes to carry the team on his shoulders.

Originally posted by booyeah_

You keep bringing up the KC game, but you fail to mention yesterday when we beat the defending SB champs. I do recall the Broncos struggling against the Bills. So maybe, its possible that any team including the Broncos can have oan off day. BTW, KC is no pushover. They're a very good team. Don't be surprise if they give Denver a run for their money.

Struggled against the Bills?

No... That isn't what happened. The outcome of that game was never in doubt. We didn't struggle against the Bills whatsoever. We eliminated their ground game, got ahead on offense, and then went into prevent (which is the only reason it was even close... It was closer on the scoreboard than the game actually was).

Re: Dude...

Originally posted by Oliver
... we scored 30 points on that D, and that is something seeing as how our D didn't show up that day. 30 points is nothing to be a shamed of, not in this league on the road anyway.

Oliver...

Dude... You fail to understand just how bad the KC defense is... 30 points against that defense is mediocre. Harldy worth mentioning...

The Browns put up 39 against them... The Patriots put up 41. The Jets put up 25 this past Sunday...

30 against them isn't anything to laugh at... But it isn't anything to get excited about either. They just might have the worst defense in NFL history over there right now. And their fans will openly admit it.

Struggled against the Bills?

No... That isn't what happened. The outcome of that game was never in doubt. We didn't struggle against the Bills whatsoever. We eliminated their ground game, got ahead on offense, and then went into prevent (which is the only reason it was even close... It was closer on the scoreboard than the game actually was).

I watched the game. Denver definately earned the W, but if Buffalo would have recovered the onside kick they could have easily won. BTW, Buffalo doesn't have much of a running game, but you did shut down Travis Henry.

I give up Taco. Under your logic if Denver loses its a fluke and if Miami has a bad game its representative of how awful the team really is.

I don't know how to argue with that convoluted logic. So, I'll just leave it to we'll see on Sunday. But, maybe not. I bet a Denver loss is just another fluke that only happened because the stars were aligned and their Venus could be seen in the sky.

If the Chiefs defense held him to 66 yards, he must be easy to stop... or something. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt on having a weak game plan for the Chiefs that week that tried to take advantage of their putrid secondary. But 66 whole yards against the Chiefs doesn't strike any Ricky Williams fear in me...

They didn't hold him for sh*t. Ricky had 66 yards on 14 carries (4.7 ypc) and 1 TD along with 60 yards receiving on 7 receptions. That's 126 yards on 21 touches (6 yards per touch). The only thing that stopped Ricky Williams was NORV TURNER.

And our gameplan OBVIOUSLY was not to feature the passing game. We fell behind and things changed. Fiedler's ligament injury to his throwing hand didn't help either.

I wholeheartedly believe this one. I've got some respect for Fiedler, but I wouldn't call him a solid quarterback... If he was a solid quarterback, he wouldn't have thrown four picks against the worst secondary in the league... again, losing to the Chiefs is not a good way to get respect, especially from Broncos fans.

Only one INT was his fault. And that came at the end of the game. Two were tipped passes. And one occured when the WR admittedly ran the wrong route.

I don't know about any of that, except to say that San Diego has had one of the best rushing defenses to ever play the game, and Portis managed to get 100+ yards on them, which is very, very rare for that defense. There is nothing in the Dolphins defense that makes me believe that Portis can't get off the same kind of yards.

Speaking of nuggets, This one is PRICELESS!! Overshoot the runway a little, Taco?? They stopped Cincinatti and Houston. Whoa, I can hardly breathe. BTW - Junior Seau was inactive yesterday. Care to rephrase you're statement?? I'm sorry, but if we shut down Priest Holmes and his OL, I don't see why we can't do the same to Portis and you're OL. You're too much Taco. You had shreds of credibility before. But that statement (run D) flushed it down the toilet.

Any other "words of wisdom"??

OK you're a lil slow...

... the Browns, Pats and Jets were all home games for those offenses. If you can't see how scoring 30 points on the road is a big deal, then I give up.

Oliver...

Dude... You fail to understand just how bad the KC defense is... 30 points against that defense is mediocre. Harldy worth mentioning...

The Browns put up 39 against them... The Patriots put up 41. The Jets put up 25 this past Sunday...

30 against them isn't anything to laugh at... But it isn't anything to get excited about either. They just might have the worst defense in NFL history over there right now. And their fans will openly admit it.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I give up Taco. Under your logic if Denver loses its a fluke and if Miami has a bad game its representative of how awful the team really is.

I don't know how to argue with that convoluted logic. So, I'll just leave it to we'll see on Sunday. But, maybe not. I bet a Denver loss is just another fluke that only happened because the stars were aligned and their Venus could be seen in the sky.

It's only "convoluted" because you can't grasp it. My logic doesn't say that if Denver loses it's a fluke. My logic says that one game was a fluke. Denver is not going to have a special teams meltdown like that in every game. Our special teams had a seriously off night, and cost us. Our offense and defense played the way that it usually does... They kept on doing the the things that put us in the position to win.

The Miami team didn't have a special circumstance, except for missing a player on defense. On defense, you gave up FIVE TOUCHDOWNS and on offense, you fed the other team for FOUR INTERCEPTIONS. The difference between these two games? The game plan.

Against the Chiefs, you guys lost (IMO) because you had a game plan that was weak. It played outside of your players abilities, and as a consequence, you dropped two scores quickly. After that, you don't have the quarterback to dig you out of the hole, or the coaches to make the adjustments. It wasn't just merely a bad day that cost you. It was bad coaching.

Originally posted by Muck

Speaking of nuggets, This one is PRICELESS!! Overshoot the runway a little, Taco?? They stopped Cincinatti and Houston. Whoa, I can hardly breathe. BTW - Junior Seau was inactive yesterday. Care to rephrase you're statement?? I'm sorry, but if we shut down Priest Holmes and his OL, I don't see why we can't do the same to Portis and you're OL. You're too much Taco. You had shreds of credibility before. But that statement (run D) flushed it down the toilet.

Any other "words of wisdom"??

I'm not going to rephrase... The Chargers have one of the best rushing defenses in the league going back the past few years. There's nothing soft about the Chargers defense.

I'll be suprised if the Miami defense can stop the Broncos rushing attack.

I'm not going to rephrase... The Chargers have one of the best rushing defenses in the league going back the past few years. There's nothing soft about the Chargers defense.

I'll be suprised if the Miami defense can stop the Broncos rushing attack.

You're not going to rephrase.......and yet you just did. You backed off you're previous statement. You RE-PHRASED.

Also, I want you to acknowledge the fact that San Diego was missing Junior Seau yesterday. How convenient of you to continuously leave out the fact that SD was without their leading tackler.

Strap it on, Taco. You won't run over us. We'll stop you.

Its amazing how you can run your mouth so much when we both lost a game to subpar teams on the same NFL weekend. And you talk about our D well guess what smart guy, we stopped Tom Brady (SUper Bowl MVP and Champ). What the hell makes you think that we can't stop an alcoholic named Greeseball? You must not be very educated in Denver because Your QB is not any better then ours. And I don't know the stats but I am sure he has a better record then your QB.

Our D stopped Priest Holmes, I don't even care about the loss. We stopped Holmes the best rusher in this league besides Williams. And yes if Surtain would have played we would have not allowed Trent to do so well. Not saying that would of changed the outcome at all.

And I remember last year, in a little place we call Miami where the Dolphins abosolutely whipped your precious Broncos. I believe we practically murdered your QB, you couldn't run, you couldn't stop us. But I guess that is because you didn't have Easy Ed or TD.

So you really have nothing to defend. Because your Broncos have the same record as the Phins and when Ricky runs all over your asses you will be crying to mommy. So give it up. You made a loser like Chris Redman look like a God. And Trent is better then him, so how bad is your D?

Greeseballs means no SuperBowls for Denver, he can't handle pressure. And o I wanted to comment on your Fiedler throwing 4 INTS, you must not be smart because when you are behind and you are trying to come back, INT's tend to happen even against the worst defenses. When you have to force the issue that is part of the game. So think about your statements a little more before you come here and act so damn justified because I am sure you were confident that you were gonna just shut down the Ravens and now look at you.

Dolphins 27
Broncos 14

Back
Top Bottom