Up Next: The Denver Broncos | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up Next: The Denver Broncos

KC played a great game last week. Some of these Bronco fans can't acknowledge that. I seriously doubt they would have beaten the Chiefs last week. Especially after that lovely showing in Baltimore.

Both pretty good teams going in. Both have great weapons to run with, capable QBs and WRs, and TEs. Good defenses as well. Denver choked last week against the Ravens. Miami choked against the Chiefs.

Denver gets the edge in my opinion because they are at home. I won't say that we'd be LUCKY to win this game, however we would have to perform really well to win it. It would have to be an above-average day for us performance-wise. Denver's playing at home and coming off a win that is about equally impressive as our own win.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Both pretty good teams going in. Both have great weapons to run with, capable QBs and WRs, and TEs. Good defenses as well. Denver choked last week against the Ravens. Miami choked against the Chiefs.

Denver gets the edge in my opinion because they are at home. I won't say that we'd be LUCKY to win this game, however we would have to perform really well to win it. It would have to be an above-average day for us performance-wise. Denver's playing at home and coming off a win that is about equally impressive as our own win.

I agree for the most part... Denver gets the edge because they are at home... But also because of coaching. That is what I believe this game will come down to: coaching. Which is basically what I've been poking around this whole time.

Coaching goves you an edge? Mike Shanahan and Ray Rhodes -vs- Wanny and Norv Turner. You do realize that they were the offensive and defensive coordinators of the dominating Dallas teams of the early 90's right? I'm not dissing on your boys, but to say you have better coaches is simply ridiculous at this point. I'm not saying ours are any better. I'm just saying that you have no ground to make that statement......

I agree. There really is no grounds to make any kind of statement about Denver having an edge over Miami because of the coaching staff. There's nothing to indicate that either coaching staff has the advantage over the other.

Edge...
QB: Tossup
RB: Tossup
OL: Miami
TE: Tossup
WR: Denver
DL: Denver
LB: Denver
DB: Miami
ST: Miami
Coaches: Tossup.

Thats how I'd break it down for this game being played IN DENVER. Some of those might change were we not on the road.

KC is not a subpar team...

Originally posted by eckerdguy
Its amazing how you can run your mouth so much when we both lost a game to subpar teams on the same NFL weekend. And you talk about our D well guess what smart guy, we stopped Tom Brady (SUper Bowl MVP and Champ). What the hell makes you think that we can't stop an alcoholic named Greeseball? You must not be very educated in Denver because Your QB is not any better then ours. And I don't know the stats but I am sure he has a better record then your QB.

Our D stopped Priest Holmes, I don't even care about the loss. We stopped Holmes the best rusher in this league besides Williams. And yes if Surtain would have played we would have not allowed Trent to do so well. Not saying that would of changed the outcome at all.

And I remember last year, in a little place we call Miami where the Dolphins abosolutely whipped your precious Broncos. I believe we practically murdered your QB, you couldn't run, you couldn't stop us. But I guess that is because you didn't have Easy Ed or TD.

So you really have nothing to defend. Because your Broncos have the same record as the Phins and when Ricky runs all over your asses you will be crying to mommy. So give it up. You made a loser like Chris Redman look like a God. And Trent is better then him, so how bad is your D?

Greeseballs means no SuperBowls for Denver, he can't handle pressure. And o I wanted to comment on your Fiedler throwing 4 INTS, you must not be smart because when you are behind and you are trying to come back, INT's tend to happen even against the worst defenses. When you have to force the issue that is part of the game. So think about your statements a little more before you come here and act so damn justified because I am sure you were confident that you were gonna just shut down the Ravens and now look at you.

Dolphins 27
Broncos 14

It doesn't matter, both Griese and Fiedler have the ability to implode. You can't completely excuse Fiedler's performance against the Chiefs. We were down by a mere 8 points in the 4th quarter, with the ball in our hands and the ability to move down the field against an abysmal Chiefs defense. What happened? Fiedler threw a bad ball, tipped up and intercepted. Sure, we were behind, but there was plenty of time left in the 4th quarter where we even could have started running the ball again if we wanted to. Norv admitted afterwards he went away from the running game when he shouldn't have and I think he was talking about right then and there when we were down by 8 points. Fiedler had prime opportunity to bring us back against a D that made Tom Brady and Kelly Holcombe look like All-Pros, and instead he threw another badly placed ball and it was intercepted.

And then from there, the Chiefs offense picked our D apart again and at that point is when we were down by multiple scores in the 4th quarter and we needed to start forcing things downfield more. But Fiedler had prime opportunity, in the 4th quarter, to bring us all the way down field and give us a chance to tie up that game and let our defense get fired up and try to win the game by blanking Trent Green in the mouth. Instead, Fiedler turned it over.

Don't get me wrong I'm not really a Fiedler basher at all. But he can implode at the wrong moment just like most quarterbacks and he DID in fact implode at the wrong moment during the Kansas City game...and it shouldn't be covered over just by saying "we were down by a bunch and it was all up to him to force things down the field" or some excuse like that because, its not true...or at least not true of the whole game.

the only game the fins lost was when they didn't stay with their bread and butter. one game RW didn't rush for 100 yds, mainly because he didn't get the attempts!

if they had of stayed with ball control green wouldn't have gotten into a rhythm and burned the D so bad. after all, you can't score without the ball!

I agree only to the extent that there was a period in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter when, down by only 8 points, with the ball in our hands, we should have continued to run the ball because that was the best way for us to get downfield. Thats the only time I found that Norv was calling pass when perhaps we should have been calling run. Other than that, any other time when we were down by multiple scores, you can't really run ball control because that makes the game go by too fast and doesn't give us enough time to catch up. We only really stopped running the ball in the latter half of the 3rd quarter, and the 4th quarter, and for most of the time during that period, we were down by 2 and as many as 3 scores.

Bah... No way is either Norv or Wannstedt anywhere close to Shanahan. Not even close. They're in different leagues.

Who honestly cares what they did with Jimmy Johnson's Dallas Cowboys? Honestly? Johnson put together a team that a complete Bozo wound up taking to the Superbowl (Switzer). Everyone else was just along for Jimmy's wild ride.

Yes, I believe that Denver has a definite edge in coaching for this game. Norv and Dave don't even compare. Once either of them can win a Superbowl without Jimmy Johnson holding their hands, THEN I'll give them the nod. But until then, they're just Jimmy's guys...

Ah, to reiterate a point I made earlier...

Portis' triple-digit rushing game came against a Chargers' defense that had allowed only four such performances in its past 71 games.

Taco, we had one bad game on D against the Chiefs..our O still score 30 points despite Jay's bad 4th qtr...You lost to a no O Ravens, you should be very nervous..plus SD didn't have Jr..back there..that's a lot of run stopping right there...plus we've beaten you the last 2 times we've played you..even at your house..This will be a good game...Jay can beat you on :any given Sunday"..don't underestimate this young man..He's a winner...By the way Griese won't be tripping over a dog this week will he..Oh do your O line still do those behind the legs blocks..you know the ones, the illegal kind.. Surtain does allow the D to do things that Flechter can't because he can't shut down a side of the field yet..so yea Surtain is a important part of our D..As I said I watched the Ravens games and you guys looked terrible..but that was then..just like we looked terrible against the chiefs..but that was then, both teams rebounded nicely the next week and acquitted themselves well...Sign of great teams..now both team want to prove their worth...Ricky only had 66 yards against the chiefs because we abandon the run...he had those yards mostly in the first half..if we'd kept running I'm sure he would have had a 100...I think the chiefs will beat you also...they're not as bad as you think..that game should worry you also...Oh by the way..J. Lewis ran all over you guys...so if Tomerline didn't, it doesn't mean any thing....Priest Holmes only got 53 on us. Do you think you will keep him below that, I doubt it.

And I'M going to reiterate a point I made earlier.

Taco, will you please acknowledge the fact that the Chargers leading tackler, Junior Seau, was not in uniform last week?? This is the THIRD TIME I've called you out in this thread.

Also, you rushed for 117 yards on 31 carries (3.77 ypc) against the Chargers. Not exactly running roughshod.

CK, I don't think anyone is completely excusing Fiedler's INTs in KC.

Back
Top Bottom