***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread*** | Page 116 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this past weekend, some of you may remember seeing my post in one of the pre-merge Fangio threads stating that my cousin is an office employee for the Atlanta Falcons.

On Saturday, he told me that people with the Falcons believed Fangio to Miami was already lined up and would be announced in the next few days. 1 day after I posted it, the Fangio-to-Miami news broke, and well, you know the rest.

There is a member of the Falcons front office that is in the know that my cousin talks with quite often. In the past, he has given my cousin information that always ends up being true. That’s why I felt comfortable coming out with that information.

With that being said, considering what a cluster this situation has become, I talked with my cousin last night to see if he could do any digging. Well, I just got off the phone with him and this is what he had to say:

Fangio is EXTREMELY pissed off at his agent right now. I guess Vic was upfront and told the Dolphins that the numbers were good, but that he needed a few more days to talk to a couple more teams. He said that Fangio and McD are very solid, and that’s why we’ve seen Miami extremely quiet during all of this. He said Miami feels like they have their guy and even if that changes, there are a couple of candidates they are very comfortable with who will jump at the chance to lead the Dolphin D.

He was very adamant about the fact that Miami did nothing wrong in this process. He said that once the numbers were agreed to, Fangio’s agency was a little too eager to pound their chest and get it out there that they just landed the biggest contract ever for a coordinator. He also said that fans would be surprised to find out how often these sorts of problems happen due to agents.

So as I said the last time I posted about this insider info- take it all with a grain of salt. There’s an awful lot of “insiders” on the internet that are talking out of their asses. I do however, feel very solid about the source.
I'm curious why Fangio's agent isn't doing any damage control by letting his sources know the report was premature.

I'm curious why Fangio's agent isn't doing any damage control by letting his sources know the report was premature.
Maybe because any damage control would just make McD and the Dolphins look worse….confirming all of the speculation that the Dolphins and McD aren’t Fangio’s first choice after all.

Ok, this past weekend, some of you may remember seeing my post in one of the pre-merge Fangio threads stating that my cousin is an office employee for the Atlanta Falcons.

On Saturday, he told me that people with the Falcons believed Fangio to Miami was already lined up and would be announced in the next few days. 1 day after I posted it, the Fangio-to-Miami news broke, and well, you know the rest.

There is a member of the Falcons front office that is in the know that my cousin talks with quite often. In the past, he has given my cousin information that always ends up being true. That’s why I felt comfortable coming out with that information.

With that being said, considering what a cluster this situation has become, I talked with my cousin last night to see if he could do any digging. Well, I just got off the phone with him and this is what he had to say:

Fangio is EXTREMELY pissed off at his agent right now. I guess Vic was upfront and told the Dolphins that the numbers were good, but that he needed a few more days to talk to a couple more teams. He said that Fangio and McD are very solid, and that’s why we’ve seen Miami extremely quiet during all of this. He said Miami feels like they have their guy and even if that changes, there are a couple of candidates they are very comfortable with who will jump at the chance to lead the Dolphin D.

He was very adamant about the fact that Miami did nothing wrong in this process. He said that once the numbers were agreed to, Fangio’s agency was a little too eager to pound their chest and get it out there that they just landed the biggest contract ever for a coordinator. He also said that fans would be surprised to find out how often these sorts of problems happen due to agents.

So as I said the last time I posted about this insider info- take it all with a grain of salt. There’s an awful lot of “insiders” on the internet that are talking out of their asses. I do however, feel very solid about the source.
If this is true, I can be proud to have come up with this theory as to what happened. Unfortunately, it was 1 of 9 theories I proposed over these 100 plus pages.

If Fangio does, in fact, pick Denver, it would really show you the way this organization is viewed within the league circle. Imagine being offered the most money, to live in a world-class city with beautiful weather and no state taxes, and instead you go back to the place that fired you. Denver is also has thin air because of the altitude, which makes it harder for people to breathe, and i’m guessing more-so for a fat person like him. He would have picked all that over working for Ross and Grier.
You are a troll.

Let's see if the Ross and Grier obsessed haters take this in to account or continue to spew unintelligible garbage towards the organization for doing nothing wrong.

Well the good news may be that the Dolphins aren't on Fangio's **** list. So if Fangio is still saying I need to shop around and see what's out there, then the Dolphins may still have the best offer. At least the current starting point is "most money of any NFL coordinator ever". Let's see if any other team ponies up the cash and attractive situation.

What I don't understand here is that he's a DC....not a HC.

So......what's he looking for here? He's got the money and he's supposedly good with MCD so...hes stalling why?

...I don't think he really wants this job and he's trying to convince himself that if he gets 'stuck' in Miami that he did his due diligence going to other places. This kind of action is obvious when you are offered a job but you just aren't really excited to leave your current job for it or maybe it'd require you to relocate to someplace you don't really want to be and so you're just like ahhhhhh hrmmmmm.....and stall your ass off until you have no choice but to choose or the offer goes away on its own...and at that point you'll be happy that you didn't take it anyway....why?.....because you didn't really want that job...but it was cool to interview and know that you were wanted....

You are a troll.

Let's see if the Ross and Grier obsessed haters take this in to account or continue to spew unintelligible garbage towards the organization for doing nothing wrong.
Even if they acted like saints throughout the process, it’s likely their reputation of doing stupid **** that will keep them from landing Fangio. 23 years of no playoff wins and too many scandals to count keeps respectable coaches away. Go figure.

Well the good news may be that the Dolphins aren't on Fangio's **** list. So if Fangio is still saying I need to shop around and see what's out there, then the Dolphins may still have the best offer. At least the current starting point is "most money of any NFL coordinator ever". Let's see if any other team ponies up the cash and attractive situation.
If any team offers less money than the Dolphins and Fangio accepts it then Fangio does not want to be here

I wouldn’t fumble phuck around. I’d tell him we’ll double his best offer. Doesn’t count against the cap. Land the marlin and be done with it. If Fangio salary is then higher than McD’s give him 25% of Fangio’s number added to his. Just got us to the playoffs. Let’s freaking get after it.

Fishing Marlin GIF by ViralHog

Last edited:
It is just speculation on your part that it would be because of the money? We have no way of knowing how much money they have offered Fangio to come to Miami.
The Broncos have reportedly made Payton the highest paid HC in the NFL. So they could certainly make a larger offer to Fangio than the Dolphins if they want to.

The new donkeys ownership could sweeten the pot by adding a Free lifetime membership & 10% discount to Sam's club.

What I don't understand here is that he's a DC....not a HC.

So......what's he looking for here? He's got the money and he's supposedly good with MCD so...hes stalling why?

...I don't think he really wants this job and he's trying to convince himself that if he gets 'stuck' in Miami that he did his due diligence going to other places. This kind of action is obvious when you are offered a job but you just aren't really excited to leave your current job for it or maybe it'd require you to relocate to someplace you don't really want to be and so you're just like ahhhhhh hrmmmmm.....and stall your ass off until you have no choice but to choose or the offer goes away on its own...and at that point you'll be happy that you didn't take it anyway....why?.....because you didn't really want that job...but it was cool to interview and know that you were wanted....

I'm thinking along the same lines.

Hard to believe he's 100% committed to us, even if he commits. Makes it really tough at this point for me to really want him to join this squad.

It's a business yes, but its not ALL business. Too much of a business approach to a job like DC is turning me off big time.

LMAO. I thought he was Italian also but I can't find anywhere that says he is and according to a sir name search "Fangio" is mainly Spanish.
He's from a heavily Italian-populated part of the state. About 40 mins North of where I'm at. I have a lot of Italian friends who are from there. The Mob had a large presence there back in the day... FWIW, he's most likely Italian... :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom