***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread*** | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the presumption that Fangio, as a non-Eagles employee consultant (1099), is contractually under a ‘no-compete‘ clause during the season? Not a stretch to think this language would exist in lieu of him leaving in-season to a competitor without risking a ton of inside information.

Eagles could release him from the contract, but, they may still need him to complete a successful Super Bowl run. Especially against a Chiefs offense and Andy Reid/Patrick Mahomes that he’s faced 6x as a Head Coach.

Who knows.

At this point, you have to assume the Pellisaro report was premature. And with the way the media works these days, Fangio saw every other outlet jumping on the initial report. So Fangio reached out to a few reporters with whom he has a relationship and made his position public.

We obviously don’t have any background on Fangio’s motivation for doing this. But I can’t understand anyone who thinks Silver and Klis are just making this up.
I am not saying Silver/Klis are for sure making stuff up or going to extreme hyperbole. But what do you mean I can't understand why they would make this up? Look at a guy like Mike Florio, like the perfect example of making stuff up and getting rating and clicks and now gets money from networks to well make up more ****. News has become entertainment now. Pro wrestling is as real as some of these shock jocks now a days. Silver probably has more views clicks in the last 2 days then he did all last year.

Per source - the Miami Dolphins and DC/HC Vic Fangio have agreed to terms!
Pen has not been put to paper yet but that’s only because Fangio is technically still on the Eagles staff and they are still in contention.

What brother Tarheelphin said basically
I thought his ties to the Eagles doesn't matter because he was just a consultant and not a member of the staff?

Is the presumption that Fangio, as a non-Eagles employee consultant (1099), is contractually under a ‘no-compete‘ clause during the season? Not a stretch to think this language would exist in lieu of him leaving in-season to a competitor without risking a ton of inside information.

Eagles could release him from the contract, but, they may still need him to complete a successful Super Bowl run. Especially against a Chiefs offense and Andy Reid/Patrick Mahomes that he’s faced 6x as a Head Coach.

Who knows.
Good stuff right there. Thanks

I don't know about Fangio but I would give my left nut for a condo on a Florida beach, hell I would even settle for a traile
I have a second home in Key Largo I am going to put on the market once the weather turns hot and humid. Your left nut won’t do it but it has 3 bedrooms, two baths, 1450 square feet, with central air and a 1 car garage. It is less than 75 feet from the gulf waters.

It will be listed for around $975,000 if you are interested.

Who knows.
Makes a lot of sense.

This is interesting:

Fangio’s connection to Philadelphia is an interesting one because of some disinformation that has spread around claiming that the veteran coach was a consultant for the Eagles this season.

That was not the case from an official capacity, according to multiple NFL sources, but relationships were forged when Fangio, a Lackawanna County, PA. native and self-professed Phillies fan, visited during training camp.

An actual Eagles’ consultant in which pen was put to paper is Marcus Brady, the former Indianapolis OC who was brought in after being fired by the Colts to give Gannon an offensive perspective on attacking his defense.

Brady was interviewed by Rams coach Sean McVay to be his new offensive coordinator, as was Eagles’ QB coach Brian Johnson, according to Breer.

Drilling down more, it looks like Fangio's deal at Philly was a little different than first reported as "defensive consultant".

Q. You had Vic Fangio here last week and Mike McCord last year. When you bring guys in to visit, how important is that for you? Does it help you? What do you sort of do to pick their minds?

NICK SIRIANNI: We like to bring in guys that — I make it very clear to the staff that we bring guys in that we got to trust them and that we’re close to. Vic has some relationships on the staff, and it’s great to have him here. And then you also use it, right, they come in, they eat, they watch practice, and you make them work for that a little bit, right? You pick their brain. So, he’s here because he’s got relationships with guys. Of course, we’d be foolish not to use him. And then throughout the week, we’ll have different coaches here. I know Jim Smith from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, who’s a defensive coordinator there — he worked with me and that’s why he was here last week. So, there is always going to be a relationship aspect of why a guy is here. My brother will be coming. He’s allowed to come into the practice, and I’ll pick his mind when he’s here as well.

Trying to figure out what the deal is over there. News from yesterday and today makes it a little more difficult.

I don’t think he is holding them hostage. I am sure they have talked to him and they are aware of exactly what he is doing. It is many of the posters on here that are frustrated because they thought everything was clear cut and right now they aren’t so sure it is.

Everyone just needs to be patient and wait to see what happens. If it takes two more weeks until the end of the Eagles season to have the answer, so be it.
Whut?

Posters here behaving like Chicken Little??

No way!

I have a second home in Key Largo I am going to put on the market once the weather turns hot and humid. Your left nut won’t do it but it has 3 bedrooms, two baths, 1450 square feet, with central air and a 1 car garage. It is less than 75 feet from the gulf waters.

It will be listed for around $975,000 if you are interested.
Not bad but I'm about 974k short . But I do have a paid for house in hurricane alley near the murkey waters of the Mississippi gulf coast, so I'll probly die here. Wishful think tho on my behalf 🐻

Phins decision makers McDaniel, Grier and Ross know the real story. And given its only been reported and no confirmation it remains a rumour.
Niners seem a real grubby franchise in all of this

So I have no idea what’s behind todays apparent uncertainty, but I would bet a lot of money that Miami knows EXACTLY what’s going on. Meaning they’re not being somehow played here. They are either in on it, or there was never a deal in the first place. And I’m definitely willing to bet on the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom