***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread*** | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me there are two possibilities:

#1 - The local beat guys are correct that a deal is in place and the Fins and VF are just taking their sweet time to officially sign it and formally announce. Could be because they're hammering out final details. Could be because there's some clause in VF's consulting contract with the Eagles that necessitates the delay.

#2 - The local beat guys (plus Tom Pelissero) are wrong that VF is set to become the Fins DC and maybe VF is interested in the 49ers gig and is waiting to see if that opens up with DeMeco Ryans getting hired as HC in either Houston or Denver.

Both are possible, but I'm leaning towards (and hoping for) option #1.

I think Vic is coming here Why go to San Fran that already has a top ten defense. Saleh and Demeco are going to get the credit for building the defense. In Miami we have a lot of talent in the areas Vic loves for his defense. We underachieved this last year on defense, I can easily see Vic turn this defense into a top 8 defense in the NFL and make his stamp on the improvement or he can manage the success in San Fran. Plus with our offense and a Vic defense we could win it all

Amazed anyone would take that HC position in Houston after what they just did with Lovie Smith.
And David Culley!

I thought Culley was a very... uninspired hire by Houston. So I understand wanting to move on from him. But the fact is Culley had those boys playing hard and exceeding expectations given what he had to work with. Then they axe him and want to hire McCown, but cave to social pressure and go with a minority hire in Lovie Smith. And then Smith is fired after being ordered to tank.

If I'm a HC candidate, I have to be very, very desperate to take that job. Wouldn't trust the owner in the slightest. Only redeeming quality is a high pick this year so if you believe in a couple of the top QB prospects you have the opportunity to land a franchise guy.

kick in nuts GIF

Did someone say, "Kick in the Balls?"

The theory gaining steam on Twitter is that he wants to return to the 49ers and his representatives jumped the gun saying he was going to Miami.
This kind of miscommunication would get you fired as a coach in the NFL. If you want to be in SF, you tell your representatives that so they don't assume that the Miami contract is a done deal. Coach = having a plan and acting on it. This sort of thing is just the opposite of what you want in a coach. I'm hoping it isn't on Fangio in which case, I'd rather not have him be in Miami at all.

My guess... and that's all it is...

Fangio has the reputation of being an honorable guy... and the reports said he had agreed to a contract.

IF he is an honorable guy, then he'll do what he agreed to do... even though he's going to help the Eagles win first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom