(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Character, reputation, and public perception mean a lot in my industry...
Amen to this. Most of my employees make six figures and I guarantee you if they made 7 or 8 figures annually like these pro athletes do I'd have a lot more to say about what they're doing off work hours. As is we have an understanding to be on stage at all times so some things these nfl guys do wouldn't even be a thought

Maybe i just hold myself and any department/business i'm part of to a higher standard.

It's football. I'm not saying you need a team of choir boys or never look at a kid with a rough past or character concerns. I'm saying you pick and choose when it's worth the risk, when it's not.....and each time, the overall impact it has on the reputation of you and your team (or business).

Supposedly Flo spent all last year overpaying ex-Pats to "build a culture". Yet within a year he's tossed a bunch of those guys and taken a risk on a public clown show in Wilson, who Tennessee couldn't wait to get rid of. In that Oline room, who was that veteran leader to steer this kid in the right direction? When actions don't align with speak, it causes people to take a step back and question things......fans, agents and other NFL players alike. To think a signing or trade has no impact beyond the compensation value is being short-sighted in my opinion.
No risk was taken. At all.

I don’t understand how he can make it through a college program where he has schoolwork in addition to football but can’t even make it to the first meetings with your new team when millions are at stake. Doesn’t make sense.
OMG.. you think they actually GO TO COLLEGE ?
... and get 'educated' in anything except how to fake it to make it?

Hellooooo Penei Sewell!

LOL well at least this wasnt nearly as bad as giving up that second round pick for Josh Rosen but Grier obviously doesnt do his homework and hes not very bright to begin with.
Do you have proof, obvious proof, he didn’t do his “homework”?

I know people have legitimate mental health concerns.

This doesn't seem like one of those instances.

He clearly told the team he was going to try and he in turn did anything but try. Some people just don't deserve success, this kid is one of them.

He deserves a 9-5. Then he can see what struggles actually look like.
This kid clearly shows he needs all the help he can get.

His actions are screaming out for attention because internally he needs help.

He is a HUGE dude and maybe he doesn't even care about playing football because he has other things wrong with him.

He was born huge but that doesn't mean he was born to play football.

Him getting cut might be the very thing that gets him some help and perhaps saves his life.

He is young and maybe he can come back once he gets the help that he needs?

Give up on someone so young-- no those are the ones you have to really reach out and help.

Unfortunately, he might have to hit rock bottom before that happens.

This kid clearly shows he needs all the help he can get.

His actions are screaming out for attention because internally he needs help.

He is a HUGE dude and maybe he doesn't even care about playing football because he has other things wrong with him.

He was born huge but that doesn't mean he was born to play football.

Him getting cut might be the very thing that gets him some help and perhaps saves his life.

He is young and maybe he can come back once he gets the help that he needs?

Give up on someone so young-- no those are the ones you have to really reach out and help.

Unfortunately, he might have to hit rock bottom before that happens.

Save his life from what? Why can’t he just be a POS?

Worthless sacks of sh*t do exist too.

Not everyone is a DNA victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom