(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need help. He needs an alarm clock. There is no reason ANYONE in the world should help this dude. If he doesn't wake up tomorrow morning and realize he should be forever grateful to handed a huge sum of money he never earned, then he deserves the pit falls that come with it.

There are people in the world who need actual help. I am not talking to directly to you ANUfan, just in general.

To reiterate, Isiah Wilson needs help from NO ONE.

I'm sorry! But i disagree! Not waking up to get a "huge sum of money" for example is a type of sign for severe depression.
I'm not trying to diagnose the guy as i don't have all the information.

Just wanted to point out lack of motivation, oversleeping, lack of energy etc can be parts of a whole leading to a clincial diagnosis.

Perhaps I am old school but I never expected my employer to help me show up on time or do the things necessary for me to be good at my job.
I was told what my job was and After some training, it was my responsibility to perform at the level my employer expected when he hired me.
It is one thing for your employer to show compassion when a situation arises in your life that you are having to deal with. It is a completely different thing when your problem is you are just a kid who refuses
to grow up and take responsibility for your own actions.

I hope he likes working at Walmart in the near future once he spends the money he didn’t earn in the NFL.
You may be one of hundreds of million people who can do your job. That means there is far less risk in letting you go and finding another person to fill your role.

Starting caliber RTs...how many of them are there in the world?

I'm sorry! But i disagree! Not waking up to get a "huge sum of money" for example is a type of sign for severe depression.
I'm not trying to diagnose the guy as i don't have all the information.

Just wanted to point out lack of motivation, oversleeping, lack of energy etc can be parts of a whole leading to a clincial diagnosis.

I know people have legitimate mental health concerns.

This doesn't seem like one of those instances.

He clearly told the team he was going to try and he in turn did anything but try. Some people just don't deserve success, this kid is one of them.

He deserves a 9-5. Then he can see what struggles actually look like.

Wow. I really hope Isaiah Wilson can get his life back on track ... and soon. This kid has so much potential, but he's spun completely off the rails, and at that age, it can be really devastating.

From a Dolphins perspective, he was worth the risk. I applaud the fact that we made a quick decision. One thing I've always liked about the Patriots' offensive line philosophy is that they churn through a LOT of prospects, and don't waste too much time waiting for a guy to develop only to lose him in FA to some other team and have to start all over. Now our OL is a bit clearer in focus. We're unfettered to draft a young RT for Tua, and there's a lot of good prospects in the 18-50 range we could get. I'd target a certain group for 18, a different group for 36, and a wide net at 50, but there are answers to be had. I'm guessing we want a RT, but maybe they go C and bank on Hunt improving? IMHO, he's not a RT, particularly for a left handed QB, but hey, it's still early, so who knows.

Ok guys, Wilson has now moved into 2nd place for the longest thread dedicated to a guy that never played a down for us. Heck, never even had a workout with us.

The guy with the longest thread for a player that never played a down for us is a QB but won't mention his name as I'm sick of hearing it.

Russel Watson ? :bobdole:

I have no sympathy for him.
The NFL, NFLPA, individual teams all try and ease the transition to the professional game. Lectures, player liaison, established players are all there to offer advice and respond to requests for help 24 hours a day.
It takes a special talent to ignore all that, act like a complete %#@&% get a second chance and throw it away.

Should have done a bit more due diligence prior to completing this trade.

Well not really, they probably didn't have the time given if he was released they likely wouldn't have had first dibs at him. Given that we essentially gave up next to nothing, can't argue with the Dolphins investment. I'd do that a 100 times out of a 100 and hope just 1 time it paid off.

I think they knew what they were getting into it, which is why it didn't effect us. If anything it serves as a great lesson to those still on the roster.

Again. Not crimal charges. Worst case, pay and go away.

If i own a company, I care less about what my emplyees do at their off time. As long as they make company money and bring no damage to the company.
Um, okay. I do own a company, three of them as a matter of fact and I do care what they do if it casts a bad light on one of MY companies, they represent me whether they're in the office or away from it. They may do what they want outside the office but if they are stupid enough to post something stupid and embarrassing for all to see, tells me they must not be very bright or just don't give a crap.
If they don't value their employment enough to show up on time, attend mandatory meetings, or commit to something and then go back on their word, I'd fire them just as quickly. Any mature and responsible adult would know this without having to be told the ramifications resulting from their defiant self centered actions. Every company has a code of conduct, he was an embarrassment to the organization and lied to them, thankfully they took immediate action...

I don’t understand how he can make it through a college program where he has schoolwork in addition to football but can’t even make it to the first meetings with your new team when millions are at stake. Doesn’t make sense.

I have no sympathy for him.
The NFL, NFLPA, individual teams all try and ease the transition to the professional game. Lectures, player liaison, established players are all there to offer advice and respond to requests for help 24 hours a day.
It takes a special talent to ignore all that, act like a complete %#@&% get a second chance and throw it away.

I always like your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom