(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand how he can make it through a college program where he has schoolwork in addition to football but can’t even make it to the first meetings with your new team when millions are at stake. Doesn’t make sense.
They have people take tests and do schoolwork for many athletes. They push them through the academic side if they can play football. It's really a crime and disservice to these athletes, if they falter at the NFL level, they are screwed. They really don't have an education, they have a worthless piece of paper that won't get them through life...

Um, okay. I do own a company, three of them as a matter of fact and I do care what they do if it casts a bad light on one of MY companies, they represent me whether they're in the office or away from it. They may do what they want outside the office but if they are stupid enough to post something stupid and embarrassing for all to see, tells me they must not be very bright or just don't give a crap.
If they don't value their employment enough to show up on time, attend mandatory meetings, or commit to something and then go back on their word, I'd fire them just as quickly. Any mature and responsible adult would know this without having to be told the ramifications resulting from their defiant self centered actions. Every company has a code of conduct, he was an embarrassment to the organization and lied to them, thankfully they took immediate action...
I am retire now. But I did own a medium size co.
I didn't. As long as they don't bring lawsuit to my co.

Um, okay. I do own a company, three of them as a matter of fact and I do care what they do if it casts a bad light on one of MY companies, they represent me whether they're in the office or away from it. They may do what they want outside the office but if they are stupid enough to post something stupid and embarrassing for all to see, tells me they must not be very bright or just don't give a crap.
If they don't value their employment enough to show up on time, attend mandatory meetings, or commit to something and then go back on their word, I'd fire them just as quickly. Any mature and responsible adult would know this without having to be told the ramifications resulting from their defiant self centered actions. Every company has a code of conduct, he was an embarrassment to the organization and lied to them, thankfully they took immediate action...

12038823.jpg

Should have done a bit more due diligence prior to completing this trade.
The only reason this trade was available was that 100% of all NFL personnel rooms knew he was a hot mess with psychological issues of a very severe nature. The chance of a return on this gamble was always low, but the hope was that a second chance, change of scenery (hard to get much different than Tennessee and Miami) and surrounding him with a friend in Solomon Kindley and a strong structured coaching staff and a good, welcoming and supportive OL room of 1 year transplants led by the strong leadership of Jesse Davis, gave him a really good chance to turn over a new leaf. But several strong bad decisions in rapid succession made it clear Wilson was not open to help at this time ... so, we made the right move to move on from him.

I still think the risk was a good one to take, because if he had turned it around, he could have been the OL equivalent of Honeybadger who also turned around a bad situation. Sure, Honeybadger turned it around basically before the draft, and Wilson didn't have those positive notes ... but hey, it was a gamble. When those pay off you're a genius, and when they don't you're stupid. But the reality is that you're making a calculated decision where the odds are always against you succeeding, and it takes strong character to pull the trigger anyway because the payoff is worth the risk.

Just hope that Wilson finds the help he so clearly needs.

I was a Union rep for decades... and I ran into a lot of these guys (usually women actually) over the years. I worked with them to keep their jobs, and to build more sustainable lives. Many times, these folks managed to turn it around, keep their jobs, cut down on their drinking or give up their drugs/abusive habits, but the success rate wasn't high, maybe 50% or so.

The first thing I would ask an employee who'd I'd been asked to represent was, "Do you like working here?" They almost always said yes, So my next comment would be something like, "Well then, you are going to stop doing this thing that caused us to be here today. Do you like this job enough to stop doing this thing?" They always said they did, but to be honest, I didn't believe a lot of them...

Most of these people had come from lousy homes, bad marriages, even jail... and I quickly learned that in most of them, there wasn't a lot to work with. Sadly.

But once in awhile, I'd get a real surprise, and a really rotten employee would turn into, not just a serviceable employee, but an actual leader.

So... I'm open to reclamation projects, but I'm not going to bet the farm on them.

I guess the dude got a taste of money and checked out.

5 years from now he'll realize what a great opportunity he wasted.

I doubt it since football can cause concussions and lifelong injuries, he will probably be glad to walk away from football and keep his health

I guess Miami will be Drafting Sewell #3. Now excuse me while I duck my head and leave the room!!! I think I need to jump on my roof in my Superman Undies and dance the night away!!! And please don't tell Doctor Phil!!!

I wonder if Solomon Kindley got to speak with him at any point after the trade. Was hoping he'd mentor him to become a professional but I guess Wilson needs a tough lesson in life. His NFL career is probably over but he still needs to get his head out of his behind, otherwise he may go down a deeper spiral. He definitely needs to see a psychologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom