[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

Do you think there could be a 2% chance of something going wrong? or even the perception of him doing anything wrong? I would not want a player on my team staying out till 5:00am in the morning drinking and partying.

As a Fan of this team I'd rather be reading about his hard work rehabbing. Now what if he misses 5 or 6 games or does not play well when he returns?

Perception is a real thing.
reality is more real(at least it should be)

I'm sorry- what was Pouncey's crime again?

I have to agree with you so many fans go along with whatever the media wants to tell them. So far you have hear say about the Martin abuse case in which the entire Dolphin team to date has not supported Martin. Pouncy displayed blind loyalty for a friend by wearing a baseball hat and teased a future teammate regarding initiation onto the team. Comparing that to child abuse or some other real crime is stetching it quite a bit.

In this case, out acting a like a fool when. He should be at home resting that hip. You know. The hip that is keeping him out until week 5.

Not to mention making the team look like a laughing stock yet again.

You want to blame someone for the team being a laughing stock join the 49ers fan club and ask Martin he is the guy who walked out on his team and cried wolf which started this entire senario or coach Philbin who was obviously out of touch in what was going on in his own teams locker room

I'm sorry- what was Pouncey's crime again?

When did I say he committed a crime?

from what I've seen Mike Pouncey just shows up on Sunday and plays at a Pro-Bowl level. He isn't a genius and he isn't a choirboy but he does his job and he does it well. I'm not worried about much else, I guess I'm old-school...

That's what you posted. If I've quoted in error, please point out where or how and I'll correct it.

I was simply asking, since you stated you don't care about much else than how he does his
job, what it WOULD take for you to care about what he did in his life other than his job.
Maybe next time he decided to go drinking and advertises it, some trouble ensues and he
shoots someone. Would that do it? I'm not saying he WOULD, and, not saying it WILL, I'm
simply trying to gauge the line of where someone's character matters to you above his
job performance. There's lots of off ramps from here to there.

Im all for letting him walk when his contracts up. By all accounts hes a good dude with the fans but hes always in the wrong places for a dude youre gonna hand 7 million to. Let him walk.

from what I've seen Mike Pouncey just shows up on Sunday and plays at a Pro-Bowl level. He isn't a genius and he isn't a choirboy but he does his job and he does it well. I'm not worried about much else, I guess I'm old-school...

How Pouncey acts on Sunday doesnt concern me all that much. Its the other 6 days of the week that are a problem for him. Other players dont seem to have a problem going 7 for 7, perhaps we should give them money instead.

I assure you, his brilliant blocking wont play much of a factor if and when Goodell decides hes had enough of Pouncey's shenanigans. And with each passing month its looking more like a "when" instead of an "if".

When did I say he committed a crime?

That's what you posted. If I've quoted in error, please point out where or how and I'll correct it.

I was simply asking, since you stated you don't care about much else than how he does his
job, what it WOULD take for you to care about what he did in his life other than his job.
Maybe next time he decided to go drinking and advertises it, some trouble ensues and he
shoots someone. Would that do it? I'm not saying he WOULD, and, not saying it WILL, I'm
simply trying to gauge the line of where someone's character matters to you above his
job performance. There's lots of off ramps from here to there.
Talk about being obtuse...
The guy goes to a club, does nothing wrong and suddenly you're comparing it to molesting children? Hyperbole much? Obviously it would be different if he committed a crime, but he hasn't. It looks like he went out and had a good time, period.
As long as he stays out of trouble, I couldn't care less what he does with his free time because it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

How Pouncey acts on Sunday doesnt concern me all that much. Its the other 6 days of the week that are a problem for him. Other players dont seem to have a problem going 7 for 7, perhaps we should give them money instead.

I assure you, his brilliant blocking wont play much of a factor if and when Goodell decides hes had enough of Pouncey's shenanigans. And with each passing month its looking more like a "when" instead of an "if".
yeah, all those arrests and suspensions are going to add up to- oh wait...

Talk about being obtuse...
The guy goes to a club, does nothing wrong and suddenly you're comparing it to molesting children? Hyperbole much? Obviously it would be different if he committed a crime, but he hasn't. It looks like he went out and had a good time, period.
As long as he stays out of trouble, I couldn't care less what he does with his free time because it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

Unfortunately, what he does with his free time is something the NFL and team have to care about due to past problems. His behavior is not something either will ignore, and he does not seem to care.

Back
Top Bottom