[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

Do you really believe that drinking for five hours is going to deter his rehabilitation so much that it will effect his recovery time?

Do you really believe that drinking for 5 hrs won't impair an already flawed decision making process?

No and No.

I do believe that Pouncey should have been cut. The guy makes piss poor choices and that really is the heart of the matter here. This pattern has followed him from Florida and now it is endless bull**** in the NFL. It really isn't his fault however, I blame the NFL Owners exclusively, even if Ross did the right thing by telling the GM and Coach to cut Pouncey's dumbass there would be twelve owners lined up to pay him big bucks to play.

Until all the owner's attitudes that reflect "win at all costs" changes, the little bit of moral ground in the NFL will continue to erode.

The real crime here is this is the second time in 2 weeks I have opened a thread to see a pic of the Pouncey twins topless!

Do you really believe that drinking for five hours is going to deter his rehabilitation so much that it will effect his recovery time?

No, but it's part of a pattern of irresponsible and selfish behavior. As a finheaven member indicated, Pouncey was also at a strip club the week before. There's nothing to indicate he's taking his rehab seriously and trying to get back on the field as quick as he can.

Do you think Pouncey has earned the benefit of the doubt in these matters?

Were you recovering from surgery severe enough to keep you from doing your job for months during any of those outings?

No, but I also wasn't doing cartwheels, backflips, or any other hip straining activities....well, maybe a little, with a partner. :lol:

Not that at all. I assume you are being absolutely absurd to illustrate a point.

You can absolutely do what you like as long as it doesn't hurt other people in my opinion.
You are certainly free to engage in activity that negatively affects your life. I'm saying
that when you engage in a pattern of activity that affects your life negatively it shows
flaws in your process of making choices about your life.

Stepping on an upturned rusty nail with a bare foot will probably negatively influence
your life. You are free to step on the nail, but if you did, I would tell you that the
process of thought that lead to that choice is flawed, and can be corrected by simply
realizing that the probability of negative consequence will effect you in a negative way.

Do you understand now?

No I don't.

The point you're trying to make isn't meshing with the examples you're giving. You're comparing someone stepping on a rusty nail being a poor life choice that one would have to face the consequences of? In your explanation you make it as if this is something one would purposely do, so therefore they deserve the consequences.
I do agree that there is a line where ones behavior is not properly representing the organization and it needs to be addressed, but in my opinion he hasn't come any where near that........and the case at hand that you are using he did absolutely nothing wrong. Yet your argument to chastise only grows...?

No, but it's part of a pattern of irresponsible and selfish behavior. As a finheaven member indicated, Pouncey was also at a strip club the week before. There's nothing to indicate he's taking his rehab seriously and trying to get back on the field as quick as he can.

Oh I see, so players MUST answer to fans? Ridiculous. Some of you act like these guys must not do ANYTHING other than football 24/7, otherwise it means they don't care/take things seriously. What a ridiculous concept. I hate fans put everything under a microscope and critisize players for anything they possibly can.

"Wallace wasn't mentioned playing catch with Tannehll in the off-season, he must not care!"

:rolleyes2:

These people have their own lives to live. Let them do it without jumping on their backs at every opportunity...judas.

No, but I also wasn't doing cartwheels, backflips, or any other hip straining activities....well, maybe a little, with a partner. :lol:

Well done. :up: When I drink until 4 am it usually ends up more like this:

SX1fmyD-1.gif

Oh I see, so players MUST answer to fans? Ridiculous. Some of you act like these guys must not do ANYTHING other than football 24/7, otherwise it means they don't care/take things seriously. What a ridiculous concept. I hate fans put everything under a microscope and critisize players for anything they possibly can.

"Wallace wasn't mentioned playing catch with Tannehll in the off-season, he must not care!"

:rolleyes2:

These people have their own lives to live. Let them do it without jumping on their backs at every opportunity...judas.

:sidelol:

Sticktofacebookkid_33b32b25e3e5795478297-1.jpg

I don't think that sitting at a strip club or club is any different than sitting at a restaurant, church, AA meeting, etc, while recovering from surgery. Is that going to be unpopular choice for some people? Sure but not everybody enjoys doing the same things. Yes, Pouncey has done some things that are in poor taste (hat, Hernandez jersey). Was he named in the bullygate scandal? Yes, so was half the team in some form or fashion, nothing that goes beyond normal NFL behavior. I am not buying any of that gun trafficking nonsense, when it comes to fruition it will be about as relevant to Pouncey as this latest incident of some guy trying to bump his name up among the instagram elite (whatever that is). The drug reference in the text message has been my issue with Pouncey. Not good at all.

As to giving him the benefit of the doubt to this matter, It wouldn't have surprised me and if it was true and I would have been done with him. But I could smell the stench from the BS on this right away, so I'm not going to file this one in the Pouncey indiscretions folder. He's still got another strike a far as I am concerned. I also will not be upset if the Dolphins part ways with him come 2015.

I don't think that sitting at a strip club or club is any different than sitting at a restaurant, church, AA meeting, etc, while recovering from surgery. Is that going to be unpopular choice for some people? Sure but not everybody enjoys doing the same things. Yes, Pouncey has done some things that are in poor taste (hat, Hernandez jersey). Was he named in the bullygate scandal? Yes, so was half the team in some form or fashion, nothing that goes beyond normal NFL behavior. I am not buying any of that gun trafficking nonsense, when it comes to fruition it will be about as relevant to Pouncey as this latest incident of some guy trying to bump his name up among the instagram elite (whatever that is). The drug reference in the text message has been my issue with Pouncey. Not good at all.

As to giving him the benefit of the doubt to this matter, It wouldn't have surprised me and if it was true and I would have been done with him. But I could smell the stench from the BS on this right away, so I'm not going to file this one in the Pouncey indiscretions folder. He's still got another strike a far as I am concerned. I also will not be upset if the Dolphins part ways with him come 2015.
Exactly how I feel. Pouncey is a good player but not irreplaceable. We saw that when he was out last year.
As far as his "history" you got the hat and the Martin Farce. Two less than stellar moments in Dolphin's history but no where near the worst. I'm gonna need more that the single Martin text to believe Pouncey has anything more to do with drugs than any other player.
The events on Saturday aren't a negative either, IMO. He went out on his birthday in the middle of the offseason, had fun and didn't get in any trouble. It's truly a non-issue

Back
Top Bottom