[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

Based on the stories people were spreading here earlier this summer I don't understand why people would be upset with Pouncey being out at a night club at 3 am instead of being at home. After all according to people here Pouncey's house is a den of drugs and alcohol, so anywhere out in the public must be better than being at his house. Plus his house has a Hernandez jersey in it.

I don't think that sitting at a strip club or club is any different than sitting at a restaurant, church, AA meeting, etc, while recovering from surgery. Is that going to be unpopular choice for some people? Sure but not everybody enjoys doing the same things. Yes, Pouncey has done some things that are in poor taste (hat, Hernandez jersey). Was he named in the bullygate scandal? Yes, so was half the team in some form or fashion, nothing that goes beyond normal NFL behavior. I am not buying any of that gun trafficking nonsense, when it comes to fruition it will be about as relevant to Pouncey as this latest incident of some guy trying to bump his name up among the instagram elite (whatever that is). The drug reference in the text message has been my issue with Pouncey. Not good at all.

Not true. Not to mention he lied to Wells about what happened (as did Turner). I also think the gun trafficking "nonsense" absolutely has merit. It doesn't look like the FBI is going to prosecute him, though, as long as he plays ball by testifying against Hernandez. No one knows whether that's what he's going to do, though. He's extremely tight with Hernandez. What's the saying? "Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are." Chris Rainey is another close Pouncey family friend, for what it's worth. And if Rainey goes through his life without seriously injuring or killing somebody I'll consider it an upset.

As to giving him the benefit of the doubt to this matter, It wouldn't have surprised me and if it was true and I would have been done with him. But I could smell the stench from the BS on this right away, so I'm not going to file this one in the Pouncey indiscretions folder. He's still got another strike a far as I am concerned. I also will not be upset if the Dolphins part ways with him come 2015.

So did I, as I posted on the first page of this thread. Doesn't change the fact that this is a bad guy, who has priorities above his career and his recovery, and that his behavior is going to continue to embarrass this organization until he leaves town.

The only reason he's in recovery anyway is because the team wouldn't give him a new long term deal. Every report I've seen has indicated that he could have continued to play with it -- the team certainly thought he would -- but once it became clear the team wasn't going to give him a new deal he decided to have the surgery even though it was going to knock him out for about the half the season. Think about that every time Tannehill is picking himself off the ground because Sam Brenner or Josh Samuda just got mauled by somebody.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Based on the stories people were spreading here earlier this summer I don't understand why people would be upset with Pouncey being out at a night club at 3 am instead of being at home. After all according to people here Pouncey's house is a den of drugs and alcohol, so anywhere out in the public must be better than being at his house. Plus his house has a Hernandez jersey in it.

:lol: First good defense of Pouncey being at the club in the thread. Kudos.

give me some examples of guys playing thru torn hip labrums on the oline for an entire season

Not true. Not to mention he lied to Wells about what happened (as did Turner). I also think the gun trafficking "nonsense" absolutely has merit. It doesn't look like the FBI is going to prosecute him, though, as long as he plays ball by testifying against Hernandez. No one knows whether that's what he's going to do, though. He's extremely tight with Hernandez. What's the saying? "Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are." Chris Rainey is another close Pouncey family friend, for what it's worth. And if Rainey goes through his life without seriously injuring or killing somebody I'll consider it an upset.

So did I, as I posted on the first page of this thread. Doesn't change the fact that this is a bad guy, who has priorities above his career and his recovery, and that his behavior is going to continue to embarrass this organization until he leaves town.

The only reason he's in recovery anyway is because the team wouldn't give him a new long term deal. Every report I've seen has indicated that he could have continued to play with it -- the team certainly thought he would -- but once it became clear the team wasn't going to give him a new deal he decided to have the surgery even though it was going to knock him out for about the half the season. Think about that every time Tannehill is picking himself off the ground because Sam Brenner or Josh Samuda just got mauled by somebody.

Thanks for your assumptions and speculations :up:

Also, Pouncey is real tight with Tebow, so there's that ("Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are").

give me some examples of guys playing thru torn hip labrums on the oline for an entire season

Off the top of my head....Brandon Marshall played with torn tissue in his hip. Ed Reed did as well.

Corey Wootten played through a torn hip labrum for two years. http://www.keepingyouwell.com/ahh/n...orey-wootton-undergoes-successful-hip-surgery

Chris Snee played through at least part of a season with a torn labrum and tried to make it through the next before finally having to have surgery. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e-season-ending-hip-surgery-article-1.1476320

The team initially thought the injury was not that serious and Pouncey made it through most of OTAs just fine before deciding to have surgery for his "long term" stability. That doesn't sound like a contract situation to you?

Thanks for your assumptions and speculations :up:

Also, Pouncey is real tight with Tebow, so there's that ("Tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you who you are").

And Hernandez is/was "real good" friends with Tom Brady. Exceptions that prove the rule.

Corey Wootten played through a torn hip labrum for two years. http://www.keepingyouwell.com/ahh/n...orey-wootton-undergoes-successful-hip-surgery

Chris Snee played through at least part of a season with a torn labrum and tried to make it through the next before finally having to have surgery. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e-season-ending-hip-surgery-article-1.1476320

were the giants in the playoff hunt or playing for something when he tried to play thru it??? cause i can see that being the case...but a few months before camp even starts i would think most guys would want to get it fixed...especially guys looking at their first potential free agent pay day in the near future on their rookie deals who actually have a future...

And Hernandez is/was "real good" friends with Tom Brady. Exceptions that prove the rule.

Is it a rule? Is/was he tight with Brady?
Look neither you or me know who these guys are "tight with". One things for certain Pouncey is/was good friends with Hernandez and nothing can change that, it's how he deals with it from here on out is what's important for our team. We will see how it plays out, personally I hope Pouncey gets it all worked out, if not, oh well.

Is it a rule? Is/was he tight with Brady?
Look neither you or me know who these guys are "tight with". One things for certain Pouncey is/was good friends with Hernandez and nothing can change that, it's how he deals with it from here on out is what's important for our team. We will see how it plays out, personally I hope Pouncey gets it all worked out, if not, oh well.

"We have a good relationship," Hernandez said. "He reminds me of like it was with me and Tebow. We have a good connection. He kind of knows my instincts and what I'm going to do and I have a good feel where he's going to put the ball and where he wants me to go, so I'm glad we got a good connection."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/10/aaron_hernandez_1.html

Fwiw.

"We have a good relationship," Hernandez said. "He reminds me of like it was with me and Tebow. We have a good connection. He kind of knows my instincts and what I'm going to do and I have a good feel where he's going to put the ball and where he wants me to go, so I'm glad we got a good connection."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/10/aaron_hernandez_1.html

Fwiw.
Only reason I questioned it was because Brady doesn't come across to me as a guy who has close relationships with his teammates, "all business".

I stayed out of this thread because my handicapping instincts were that Pouncey is stupid but probably not this stupid. Unfortunately, it looks like that was accurate. I secretly hoped he was guilty and would be nailed and forced off the team. This franchise needs a jolt. Somehow nothing qualifies as a jolt. We employ idiots, and undedicated idiots as continually revealed on twitter. The minor reluctant steps we take in that direction don't accomplish much of anything, just like the patched rooftop on an overmatched stadium.

Once upon a time the Heat found Lebron James for $20 million annually. Now they are desperate to spend all their available cash to stay viable. It equates to Luol Deng at $10 million annually. That's a Dolphins caliber move. It may appease the fans but it's a Dolphins caliber move. The bargains are at either extreme.

I stayed out of this thread because my handicapping instincts were that Pouncey is stupid but probably not this stupid. Unfortunately, it looks like that was accurate. I secretly hoped he was guilty and would be nailed and forced off the team. This franchise needs a jolt. Somehow nothing qualifies as a jolt. We employ idiots, and undedicated idiots as continually revealed on twitter. The minor reluctant steps we take in that direction don't accomplish much of anything, just like the patched rooftop on an overmatched stadium.

Once upon a time the Heat found Lebron James for $20 million annually. Now they are desperate to spend all their available cash to stay viable. It equates to Luol Deng at $10 million annually. That's a Dolphins caliber move. It may appease the fans but it's a Dolphins caliber move. The bargains are at either extreme.
You bring the stadium into every post and thread you make. Let it go already, it is being renovated, end of story.

Broken_record2-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom