Upgrading the OL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Upgrading the OL

1st question - does Flo feel compelled to uograde? Maybe not. If reports of trying to resign Karras are true and there are now negotiations, maybe not. 2nd question- is there interest in a top FA? Depends. Big hole at LB and quick/fast receiver. As it stands now, not much cap for 2 quality FAs. 3rd question- any real interest in a high/mid R1 OLman. I don't know the answer to any of those, but I see no high probability

It's a good article. Have to say, I haven't heard anything about Sewell playing inside at guard, though. I can't see that happening.

I like the idea of trading with New Orleans if the price is right.

1st question - does Flo feel compelled to uograde? Maybe not. If reports of trying to resign Karras are true and there are now negotiations, maybe not. 2nd question- is there interest in a top FA? Depends. Big hole at LB and quick/fast receiver. As it stands now, not much cap for 2 quality FAs. 3rd question- any real interest in a high/mid R1 OLman. I don't know the answer to any of those, but I see no high probability
I don't think we'll see Miami pick an offensive lineman in round 1. I could see it with one of the two second rounders.

Humphreys probably makes the most sense. Eichenberg is interesting if he drops to 50.

It's a good article. Have to say, I haven't heard anything about Sewell playing inside at guard, though. I can't see that happening.

I like the idea of trading with New Orleans if the price is right.
It would be insanity to to draft a tackle high, with the intention of then converting him to gaurd.

I have heard that speculation.

I still think the best investment we could make on that O-line is a center like Linsley. He would totally help the whole line, specially the inside and can be a leader to those young guys up front.

I still think the best investment we could make on that O-line is a center like Linsley. He would totally help the whole line, specially the inside and can be a leader to those young guys up front.
I don't get why so many posters are bitchin and moaning about the FO using FA and a high draft pick on the OL. Do they not realize that after Tunsil was traded every position on the OL needed to be upgraded? Going into 2019 it was probably the worst line in the NFL. Right now, if you could sign Linsley, and draft either Sewell or Slater, then in 2 years you would have completely upgraded it, and probably wouldn't have to address it for a few years.

I don't think we'll see Miami pick an offensive lineman in round 1. I could see it with one of the two second rounders.

Humphreys probably makes the most sense. Eichenberg is interesting if he drops to 50.

Center & ORT are priorities this offseason IMO. If Karras sticks around then Cosmi at 18 is possibility.

Cosmi seems like a natural ORT yet don't think he lasts lasts until pick 36. Both the Colts & Pburgh may go OL in the first round

Center & ORT are priorities this offseason IMO. If Karras sticks around then Cosmi at 18 is possibility.

Cosmi seems like a natural ORT yet don't think he lasts lasts until pick 36. Both the Colts & Pburgh may go OL in the first round
I know fans don't always like getting offensive linemen early, but you see Pittsburgh do that quite often.

I think this a very worthy debate, but everyone commenting on the fins seems to have ignored it and believe we will be spend a lot of draft stock on the Line. Despite doing exactly that just 12 months ago. I think they may well want to see how this line matures and keep it as stable as possible, if they make a move they may very well favour the FA route.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom